Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Brax

Reaction score
A lot of Aikman haters stated that Aikman should not get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

A lot of Tony Romo fans are stating he should get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

I have seen both the Aikman and Romo days.

Likewise, if the Cowboys can strengthen the D and offense... they can contend for championships with Dak or another QB without elite passing stats.

Swap Dak with AR right now and the Cowboys will still suck.
Swap AR for Dak and this team improves dramatically, teams will respect AR ability to throw the ball more than 3 yards, because of AR teams could not stack box against Zeke (yea that Zeke the guy leading the league in rushing) so more holes and more yard couple that the D we now seem to have and this team is instantly better not only better much much better and if you do not see that there is no hope for you. As for you saw TA and TR if you truly did you would know Dak isn't close to either.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes, you have to factor in the whole team.. But when it comes to Dak haters... all the blame goes to Dak...

Regardless of the talent of the QB; the focus should be on building a complete team that can contend for SBs.

Not focusing solely on the QB.

It's definitely not just the QB. I personally think the offensive scheme is the biggest problem. I don't think they've adapted to the personnel changes. Romo had two guys on offense that drew attention, they are no longer here.

I can't pinpoint exactly what the problem is because I think it's a combination of several things.

Legend

Reaction score
#1. Correct. Nobody is perfect. But some qbs are closer to perfect, or “better” than others. No qb throws a perfect ball every time, but some qbs throw the ball better and at a higher velocity and more accurate than others.

#2 correct. It does not guarantee success, but it INCREASES your odds of success. This is why the QB is the most coveted and highly paid position. To start a franchise, you first need a franchise qb.

You are missing the point, every qb gets criticized. Aikman and staubach were too, but some qbs are criticized and critiqued less frequently than others. We want a qb that can throw the ball with a tight spiral and hit moving targets on time and sees and reads the defense correctly.
We want a qb that elevates the receivers.

Romo made Dez, Austin, Crayton, and Laurent Robinson millionaires.
Dak just makes receivers unemployed.

Dak got as far as Romo in the playoffs during his rookie season.

The elite QB only model will not work in Dallas.

Instead put playmakers in the key positions to help Dak on O and D...

Legend

Reaction score
Swap AR for Dak and this team improves dramatically, teams will respect AR ability to throw the ball more than 3 yards, because of AR teams could not stack box against Zeke (yea that Zeke the guy leading the league in rushing) so more holes and more yard couple that the D we now seem to have and this team is instantly better not only better much much better and if you do not see that there is no hope for you.
Look at those AR passes to better receivers and TEs in Green Bay on the first thread.

Legend

Reaction score
We don’t even have a good QB to contend

How do you know that with the current WRs, TE, safeties, and QB coach?

It is not like the Cowboys are currently loaded on O and D... and Dak alone is costing his team wins.

rags747

Reaction score
Letting you all know that if the Cowboys get an elite QB... do not expect what you are criticizing Dak for...will all of the sudden go away...

Good luck with hoping a high #1 QB in the draft can become elite instead of a bust.

Aaron Rodgers looked terrible at times against the Lions... and made worse throws than Dak.

I.e., do not put all of your eggs in one basket.

Diversify by getting Dak some help or weapons... so the blame can be shared and not just on the QB.
32-52 442 yards 3td's. Dak is great when he breaks 175 yards and 1 td. At least with a high #1 pick I can fantasize about potential, with Dak the dream is gone.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
A lot of Aikman haters stated that Aikman should not get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

A lot of Tony Romo fans are stating he should get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

Likewise, if the Cowboys can strengthen the D and offense... they can contend for championships with Dak or another QB without elite passing stats.

WTH?!? Aikman was ultra accurate and had a cannon for an arm. There's a reason he was drafted #1 overall. To compare Dak to Troy is pure and utter nonsense :lmao2:.

Legend

Reaction score
The wrs and tes would be strenghten with Rodgers, now that only leaves the safety position. We would be up by so many points that it would make the safety position not as important.

The Packers were not up by a lot of points with a better receiving unit... and lost to the Lions...

Brax

Reaction score
Look at those AR passes to better receivers and TEs in Green Bay on the first thread.
I wish they would take away your computer at the asylum you are committed to, excuse after excuse after excuse, if we did our jobs as well as Dak we would be looking for new ones after a week.please stop I can't take it anymore.

Legend

Reaction score
The Cowboys and Packers with their elite QB are not going anywhere this season.

Always look to upgrade instead of downgrade the team.

The Patriots with a better receiving crew and elite QB took on Josh Gordon; while the Cowboys with a JV receiving crew declined.

Nav22

Reaction score
With those QB stats the Packers should be currently contending for a SB? Or are they in second place of their division?

It takes more than an elite QB to contend.
Nobody said it doesn’t.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is probably the most outrageous Dak defending thread I’ve seen yet. I get what you’re saying. Romo got called out a lot and missed things, Rodgers does too. No one is perfect ...but as others have stated, they still threw for over 200 yards and put up points where as Dak is ‘leading’ the 30th ranked passing game in the league and not putting up points or even yards. Dak is also making a lot of inaccurate throws: more than the average.
Romo and Rodgers have had weapons. Dak? Caca. Big difference.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
This is probably the most outrageous Dak defending thread I’ve seen yet. I get what you’re saying. Romo got called out a lot and missed things, Rodgers does too. No one is perfect ...but as others have stated, they still threw for over 200 yards and put up points where as Dak is ‘leading’ the 30th ranked passing game in the league and not putting up points or even yards. Dak is also making a lot of inaccurate throws: more than the average.
I'd rather be competitive in every game than be throwing for 400 yards and taking 30 point L's....Dak is not the problem. Playcalling is the problem. Clapping on the sidelines is the problem. Romo would have needed X-Rays after mixing it up with clowney and watt...Dak needs a real TE. And a go-to-guy at WR. They need to stop the rotation at WR. Butler should be the #1 if they can't trade for Kenny Stills...Maybe they could get him if they go all in for devante parker. Supposedly Parker is on the block...I would overpay to potentially get a #1 and #2 WR