Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

rags747

Reaction score
Have to love how the critical eye is not put upon Zeke. Couldn't even get one yard in OT and only rushed for 50 yards on 20 carries. Where was the great rushing leader last week?
Thoughts on Dak being a franchise qb, u still rolling with that?

HellCrowe

Reaction score
How do you know that with the current WRs, TE, safeties, and QB coach?

It is not like the Cowboys are currently loaded on O and D... and Dak alone is costing his team wins.

- Garrett Coach of the Year 2016/ Dak Rookie of the Year 2016. Keep both? Hell no!
- 1.3 seasons and defenses play him the same way
- no defense respects Dak
- He practices bad but we the fans expect him to do it in game? Expand the playbook how?
- needing perfect situations to make the “right read” (e.g jet Sweep to Swaim, pass to Gathers, TD to Hurns).
- Poor mechanics
- Dak friendly WRs? Lol all that means is he needs speedy WR and a 3+ cushion because he does not have the accuracy to place it in tight spaces or back shoulder pass (we need a WR friendly QB)
- Dez and Witten gone
- videos of open WR
- A game manager
- Still the same deficiencies coming out of college
- No progression

You know the story and I can keep going. The total blame isn’t on Dak but he isn’t no Franchise QB. That’s the problem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the Dak haters and individuals who want the Cowboys to change QBs...

Even the great Aaron Rodgers is getting called out for:

-poor mechanics
-not seeing the field
-bad reads
-missing open targets
-sailing passes over open targets
-holding ball way too long
-turnovers... fumbles at the worst times

There is no perfect QB... Instead build a complete team with minimal weaknesses.

See below for a sample of criticism Aaron Rodgers is facing.

Missed another wide open target for TD. The Packers missed the FG.

Missed 3 wide open targets. Instead checked down to target with no chance to make a play.

Throws pass too high for a 6’7” TE

Greg Jennings calling out Aaron Rodgers

For missing open targets

“A big factor for this issue could be a lack of trust from Rodgers. Whether it’s from not trusting his wide receivers because of limited practice time or it is because he doesn’t trust what he is seeing in McCarthy’s play calling scheme, it is an area that needs to improve.”

For sailing passes and not setting his feet

“Given Rodgers’ school yard style of play at times, he doesn’t always set his feet as he throws and will throw the ball from awkward arm angles. Both of these characteristics will diminish any quarterback’s accuracy, including Aaron Rodgers.

Against the Lions this past Sunday, Rodgers had a clean pocket to throw from and had plenty of space to step forward into the throw. Despite this, he never set his feet and proceeded to overthrow his six-foot-seven tight end Jimmy Graham, for what should have been an easy touchdown pass.”

Rodgers going off-script

“What makes Aaron Rodgers so special is his ability to create when a play is broken down. This often leads to Rodgers making some sort of spectacular play. While this is a key part to his game and has given the Packers a lot of success, it is Rodgers’ weakness as well.

It is not uncommon for Rodgers to pass up an easy completion to an open receiver because he doesn’t like what he sees or because he thinks there is a bigger play potentially developing down the field.”

A fan’s comment

“Article is correct. Rodgers is not seeing the field at all and his reads. He's holding the ball way too long. Dump it or have a safety valve, not all receivers in one spot down the fiels; live for another play and NO FUMBLES for christ sake. Rodgers deserves as much blame as do the others on the same capers, I mean pertine defense! High drafts on defense, no pass rush again this year, and wide open, OPEN receivers. Why do our receivers struggle to get separation when no names from other teams do? Simple: MM non schemes”.

giphy.gif

Legend

Reaction score
I'd rather be competitive in every game than be throwing for 400 yards and taking 30 point L's....Dak is not the problem. Playcalling is the problem. Clapping on the sidelines is the problem. Romo would have needed X-Rays after mixing it up with clowney and watt...Dak needs a real TE. And a go-to-guy at WR. They need to stop the rotation at WR. Butler should be the #1 if they can't trade for Kenny Stills...Maybe they could get him if they go all in for devante parker. Supposedly Parker is on the block...I would overpay to potentially get a #1 and #2 WR

The Cowboys have not lost by 30 points yet. They could have won last week as well.

Why was AR passing so much when the Lions Run D is atrocious?

If it is because of their RB or OL... maybe AR should have taken less $ so the Lions can get better ones.

Brax

Reaction score
.[/QUOTE]
- Garrett Coach of the Year 2016/ Dak Rookie of the Year 2016. Keep both? Hell no!
- 1.3 seasons and defenses play him the same way
- no defense respects Dak
- He practices bad but we the fans expect him to do it in game? Expand the playbook how?
- needing perfect situations to make the “right read” (e.g jet Sweep to Swaim, pass to Gathers, TD to Hurns).
- Poor mechanics
- Dak friendly WRs? Lol all that means is he needs speedy WR and a 3+ cushion because he does not have the accuracy to place it in tight spaces or back shoulder pass (we need a WR friendly QB)
- Dez and Witten gone
- videos of open WR
- A game manager
- Still the same deficiencies coming out of college
- No progression

You know the story and I can keep going. The total blame isn’t on Dak but he isn’t no Franchise QB. That’s the problem.
but don't you remember 2016.....................................................

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
For the Dak haters and individuals who want the Cowboys to change QBs...

Even the great Aaron Rodgers is getting called out for:...
Apples and oranges, with regard to each QB's struggles.

Rodgers has gone through several hot-stretch, cold-stretch periods over the last three seasons that don't seem to depend on anything except him. He usually is hottest when the weather gets coldest in December and playoff time.

Dak's struggles, on the other hand, are directly related to the amount of pressures he gets in a game. It's been that way for him since his college days. Anything that might lead to more pressures in a game (lack of familiarity with receivers, OL issues, etc) turns him into Bad Dak. He starts running from pressure that isn't there, and doesn't see the field at all.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Green Bay fans are just as angry with Aaron Rodgers like the Dak haters are with Dak.

It takes more than an elite QB to contend.

No they are not! They know what he can do because he has done it. Yes there upset but I don’t believe for a second that they want to run him out of town. If Dak can win me a super bowl I then can tolerate a bad year near the end of his career.

Legend

Reaction score
Put the league leading rusher and a top five scoring defense behind Aaron Rodgers and you are winning a Super Bowl .

Give Dak Prescott the same tools and you can’t even break .500

You’re right the symmetry is startling LOL
The Packers will not be able to afford all of that within the salary cap with a $33.5M a year QB.

That’s why I rather have a non-elite QB with playmakers in other key positions.

Thus, upgrade the D, O, and ST with Dak and the Cowboys can contend again like in 2016.

HellCrowe

Reaction score

but don't you remember 2016.....................................................[/QUOTE]
The Packers will not be able to afford all of that within the salary cap with a $33.5M a year QB.

Thus, upgrade the D, O, and ST with Dak and the Cowboys can contend again like in 2016.

lol again with 2016

losersgetcute

Reaction score

Seems like the talent drop off around dak could be intentional in order to attempt a cheap re-signing because of subpar stats...if Dak was putting up 2016 numbers how high would his market price be?

Legend

Reaction score
Seems like the talent drop off around dak could be intentional in order to attempt a cheap re-signing because of subpar stats...if Dak was putting up 2016 numbers how high would his market price be?

Exactly and it makes sense.

If they did not downgrade Dak’s talent and Dak resumed playing on a high level like in 2016... the Cowboys would have had to pay him $20M+ a year.

The FO needed to see who was the main driver of the Cowboys offense in 2016? Zeke or Dak.

We all know it was Zeke. So Zeke should be paid as a top RB.

Dak needs to be paid around $12M-$15M a year since he desperately needs elite talent in the receiving corps.

The savings from Dak can go towards paying the WR/TE talent.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dak wins an MVP and a Super Bowl. We can cut him some slack when he has a stretch of poor play.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Like this play

Bra, you are beating a dead, deader then dead horse. All of these people on here whining and going on about DP have made up their pro, 50 year NFL coaching teams to SB win minds. You forget, in their world, we draft the PERFECT QB, he steps on the field and this team becomes the cowboys of the 90's...problem is, that was then, this is now. I'll admit I am still not sold on DP, and I have stated that a few times here, but if you really are a serious fan, you go back, look at tape and pick apart ALL the things causing our young QB to struggle, is he having an accuracy issue? You bet, does he struggle with what a D is showing and making the right decision, nope, not everytime, NO. I still hold out hope that he can be salvaged, he will never be a AR, or TB but you will never convince me he just sucks and doesn't have the skill. I honestly believe, Dak's biggest issue is this coaching staff PERIOD. They for whatever reason, will not use him as he is, it's as if clapper and vanilla queen expect him to just suddenly be THAT # 1 draft pick which he was NOT! He is a 4th rounder, USE him like a 4th not a 1st. Plan and scheme a game plan that suits HIS ability's, not their stupid idea of what worked in the past. Until this coaching staff comes to the realization that Dak has his limits and STOP calling plays he is either not capable of or just does not have the players around him to complete, then we are what we are seeing...Lets step back to that 3rd and 2 call... who in their right friggn mind puts Beaz in the back field beside your RB, TELLING the defense, hey, were going to run... that's just ignorant as hell. Clapper and vanilla queen telegraph at least 85% of our plays... and we wonder why our young QB struggles, we have a WR corp made up of mostly UDFA's and we wonder why we struggle. I don't say we can't win with either or, but for the love of god, CHANGE the damn play calling! Ok, rant over, yes I still hang onto hope this isn't ALL Dak's problem like so many on here proclaim. DP is who we have, and either we at least try and support him, or hell go root for the foreskins.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The Cowboys and Packers with their elite QB are not going anywhere this season.

Always look to upgrade instead of downgrade the team.

The Patriots with a better receiving crew and elite QB took on Josh Gordon; while the Cowboys with a JV receiving crew declined.
The Cowboys don’t have an elite qb and the Packers QB is overwhelmingly better than the Cowboys QB.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly and it makes sense.

If they did not downgrade Dak’s talent and Dak resumed playing on a high level like in 2016... the Cowboys would have had to pay him $20M+ a year.

The FO needed to see who was the main driver of the Cowboys offense in 2016? Zeke or Dak.

We all know it was Zeke. So Zeke should be paid as a top RB.

Dak needs to be paid around $12M-$15M a year since he desperately needs elite talent in the receiving corps.

The savings from Dak can go towards paying the WR/TE talent.
Now it's a conspiracy to keep his contract lower...good lord. People have their livelihoods on the line here, and not just the players. You really think Garrett and Linehan would go along with this plan knowing it also opens up the door for Jerry to kick them to the curb. What about the assistant coaches under them? You don't think this would have leaked out through the media? Come on...I know you guys are desperate to cling to any other possible scenario other than Dak just isn't very good, but this stuff is ridiculous!

birdwells1

Reaction score
Aikman and the Cowboys struggled to win when Emmitt held out at the start of the 1993 season.

Aikman had Emmitt and Irvin on offense. And those 3 together experienced success.

Dak has Zeke. He just need the third triplet. A true #1 WR to help the offense go in today’s mediocre NFL.

If Dak was qbing the 90s Cowboys they would be remembered like the 2000s Cowboys.