Attention Dak Haters: His Criticism is like Aaron Rodgers’

Sydla

Reaction score
Different eras. Today’s NFL is mediocre compared to the early 90’s.

Thus, it will not take much to get the Cowboys competing again. I.e., 2016.

Why mention Aikman and the 90s at all?

Your insinuation is that Aikman wasn't really that good.

Legend

Reaction score
I absolutley love this, it's everybody's fault except the guy who touches the ball on every play and throws all the passes

I am showing you... even though AR has great stats... the Packers’ fans are heavily criticizing him for the Packers loss to the Lions.

They are picking apart key plays just like the Cowboys fans are doing with Dak.

#1 I am pointing out that there is no elite QB who is perfect and will make perfect reads, perfect throws, all the time.

#2 An elite QB does not guarantee success. That QB still needs help.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
It's more embarrassing than that.

He seems to be equating Aikman and Dak as QBs and suggesting they are similar and the only thing Aikman had over Dak was a better team around him.

Holy #$%^.

Could you imagine Dak in an offense such as the one we had in the 90's? A timing based offense where the ball was out before the receivers ever made their break in the route.

The ball was put on them in the hands just as soon as they looked up for it with Aikman and that was just as important to what Emmitt did on the ground. Dak wouldn't of even been able to run the scout team doing that.

Legend

Reaction score
Why mention Aikman and the 90s at all?

Your insinuation is that Aikman wasn't really that good.

A lot of Aikman haters stated that Aikman should not get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

A lot of Tony Romo fans are stating he should get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

I have seen both the Aikman and Romo days.

Likewise, if the Cowboys can strengthen the D and offense... they can contend for championships with Dak or another QB without elite passing stats.

Swap Dak with AR right now and the Cowboys will still suck.

dfense

Reaction score
A lot of Aikman haters stated that Aikman should not get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

A lot of Tony Romo fans are stating he should get into the HOF due to his regular season passing stats.

Likewise, if the Cowboys can strengthen the D and offense... they can contend for championships with Dak or another QB without elite passing stats.

What color is the sky in your world?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I am showing you... even though AR has great stats... the Packers’ fans are heavily criticizing him for the Packers loss to the Lions.

#1 I am pointing out that there is no elite QB who is perfect and will make perfect reads, perfect throws, all the time.

#1. Correct. Nobody is perfect. But some qbs are closer to perfect, or “better” than others. No qb throws a perfect ball every time, but some qbs throw the ball better and at a higher velocity and more accurate than others.

#2 correct. It does not guarantee success, but it INCREASES your odds of success. This is why the QB is the most coveted and highly paid position. To start a franchise, you first need a franchise qb.

You are missing the point, every qb gets criticized. Aikman and staubach were too, but some qbs are criticized and critiqued less frequently than others. We want a qb that can throw the ball with a tight spiral and hit moving targets on time and sees and reads the defense correctly.
We want a qb that elevates the receivers.

Romo made Dez, Austin, Crayton, and Laurent Robinson millionaires.
Dak just makes receivers unemployed.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Your right and this past Sunday he needed it from his FG kicker who missed 5 kicks all after Rodgers had already thrown for 3 TD's and 442 yards with Zero INT's.

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL. So now you are back to suggesting one of the best QBs in football couldn't outperform Dak here, ergo Dak is as good?

Swap Dak with AR right now and the Cowboys would likely be 3-2 or 4-1.

Stop.

Legend

Reaction score
Rodgers: 10 TD, 1 INT... 100.1 rating.

Dak: 5 TD, 4 INT... 81.4 rating.

Close this thread, somebody.

With those QB stats the Packers should be currently contending for a SB? Or are they in second place of their division?

It takes more than an elite QB to contend.

Sydla

Reaction score
With those QB stats the Packers should be currently contending for a SB? Or are they in second place of their division?

No one suggested all it takes is an elite QB.

But you've gone to the extreme opposite end of the argument.

irishline

Reaction score

If Dak had thrown 5 more touchdowns so far this season (which would give him as many as Rodgers) we would not be 2-3 and would be running away with the division. Agree about the QB not being the only thing, but a good quarterback is one of the most important pieces you need (and 5 TD's in 5 games is pedestrian at best). Its not about stats its about points, though one leads to the other.

Last edited: