Auburn wins

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You said they dominated their entire schedule (besides Michigan). All I did was point out how wrong you are. No need to get pissy just because I called out your inaccurate statement.

Fact is the sad sack 1-7 in conference Northwestern Wildcats gave OSU quite a run for their money, a game which OSU barely held on to win. Sorry, but that's not "dominating" by OSU.

This has been covered, I did apologies for my miss statement earlier, to the poster who I owed an apology to. That would not be you. Northwestern didn't give them a run for their money. Northwestern gave up 20 in the 4th quarter and lost by 10. Say what you want but the fact is, Ohio State beat them and it wasn't close at the end. EOS.

Rogah

Reaction score
This has been covered, I did apologies for my miss statement earlier, to the poster who I owed an apology to. That would not be you. Northwestern didn't give them a run for their money. Northwestern gave up 20 in the 4th quarter and lost by 10. Say what you want but the fact is, Ohio State beat them and it wasn't close at the end. EOS.
Like I said.... no need to get pissy just because i accurately called you out for not knowing what you were talking about.

I don't need an apology. Seeing you embarrass yourself is entertainment enough. And you've been very entertaining for quite some time.

Rogah

Reaction score
Was listening to ESPN on the way into work today. Basically, what was said was that there is no way Auburn can jump Ohio State if Ohio State wins out. Apparently I'm not alone in this whole kidding myself club.

Actually, according to power rankings for the respective D1A Conferences, the Big 10 is either 3rd or 4th, depending on each individual sight. That's a far cry from Second Rate, as you say but it's your story, you tell it. Just understand that it's not what everybody else agrees with.

Anybody who knows a single thing about football also knows that the Big 10 is not second rate. Kinda put you in a dilemma. No matter, Ohio State, if they win out, is going to the NCG. Nothing you can do about it.
You obviously missed the post where I said I want OSU to go to the NCG. I am sick of the SEC. I'm just saying they don't deserve to. If I was an impartial voter, I'd put Auburn over them all day long since they are clearly the better team. And if I was an FSU fan, I'd be praying for OSU because they will spank the Buckeyes, whereas Auburn would be a much tougher game.

joseephuss

Reaction score
tOSU showing they are pretenders. Auburn and FSU will be playing for the championship.

Rogah

Reaction score
tOSU showing they are pretenders. Auburn and FSU will be playing for the championship.
I think it sets up a much better championship game, I just don't want the SEC to win yet again. But at the same time, I wasn't exactly looking forward to a 52-7 drubbing of sad sack Ohio State.

I'm honestly disappointed the SEC is in the championship but also at the same time laughing my butt off for OSU being exposed as the frauds they are.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, after watching all these teams, I still think Auburn is the best team. I'm a little tired of the SEC every year, too, but they are the best conference, and at least it isn't Alabama again. Don't think I could take another year of that.

So who do you guys think wins between FSU and AU? I haven't seen FSU much, either. They weren't very impressive early tonight against Duke, but I haven't even looked -- they could have ended up winning 50-7 for all I know.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though Auburn is the SEC champ I still don't believe they are the SEC's best. I think for FSU if they had to play the SEC champ Auburn is the "easiest" SEC team for them. I don't expect a close game.

Aggie87

Reaction score
Even though Auburn is the SEC champ I still don't believe they are the SEC's best. I think for FSU if they had to play the SEC champ Auburn is the "easiest" SEC team for them. I don't expect a close game.

Who are you saying is the SEC's best? Alabama? They're the only other team with 1 loss. Auburn beat them head-to-head, though granted it was obviously down to the last play of the game. Missouri has one SEC loss and two overall.

Rogah

Reaction score
Who are you saying is the SEC's best? Alabama? They're the only other team with 1 loss. Auburn beat them head-to-head, though granted it was obviously down to the last play of the game. Missouri has one SEC loss and two overall.
Auburn won fair and square, they deserve to go to the championship game. But I tell ya this: If Alabama instead of Mizzou was playing Auburn tonight on a neutral field, I woulda bet on Alabama.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Auburn won fair and square, they deserve to go to the championship game. But I tell ya this: If Alabama instead of Mizzou was playing Auburn tonight on a neutral field, I woulda bet on Alabama.

waiting for alphabet boy to come in and eat his ration of crow.

OSU would have gotten destroyed by them- FSU, AUBURN, Alabama. Sadly I would have liked to have seen that but oh well

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am just happy Auburn beat the snot out of the turncoats. I forever spit on Neb, Col, A&M, and Mizz for leaving. I will root for Auburn since I very much dislike FSU.......and also I feel Auburn got hosed about 10 years ago when they went undefeated and got no share of the title, leaving USCheat to have sole claim to the crown.

my team is going to the "Who in the Hell is this sponsor Bowl" after getting beat down in the 2nd half by Baylor. But that is ok. Next year, a new coaching staff and hopefully much better QB and defensive play.

Hook em.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The more i think about it the more i feel Auburn's option game would be too much for FSU.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The more i think about it the more i feel Auburn's option game would be too much for FSU.

FSU has incredible talent as regards physical ability. The question comes down to how good they are as players and how good their coaching is. But the physical talent is arguably better then just about anyone else this year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
FSU has incredible talent as regards physical ability. The question comes down to how good they are as players and how good their coaching is. But the physical talent is arguably better then just about anyone else this year.

I agree. I'm pulling for Auburn, but I think FSU blows them out.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
waiting for alphabet boy to come in and eat his ration of crow.

OSU would have gotten destroyed by them- FSU, AUBURN, Alabama. Sadly I would have liked to have seen that but oh well

I assume you are refering to me? If so, there is no crow to eat. My contention was that if Ohio State won out, they would go to the National Championship game and if they had, they would have. They didn't so they wont.

It's not more complicated then that but if you feel like it is, that's fine with me. Do you worst.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You obviously missed the post where I said I want OSU to go to the NCG. I am sick of the SEC. I'm just saying they don't deserve to. If I was an impartial voter, I'd put Auburn over them all day long since they are clearly the better team. And if I was an FSU fan, I'd be praying for OSU because they will spank the Buckeyes, whereas Auburn would be a much tougher game.

This was never about who wanted who to be in the Championship. This was always about what would happen if one team or the other won out. I am not an Ohio State, Auburn, Missou or Bama fan. I don't care about any of those schools so it's a personal preference. Had Ohio State won out, they would have played for a National Championship. They didn't and because of that, the correctly will not play for one and they would have deserved it IMO. They lost, Auburn will play and they have proven that they deserve it.

That's really all it is for me.

DFWJC

Reaction score

The coaching has SEC roots and the defense certainly plays and looks that way.

This really should be a good one. I'm sure FSU will be favored, but I'm not sure that means much. The silly think about college football is that they wait a whole month (or more) to play the game.