Austin Hooper: I'm not like Jason Witten, where's it me vs other TEs

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That's BS. You just have a loud mouth loser like Bennet running his mouth because Witten was model citizen TE HOFer. And he was the opposite. Entitled, jealous, punk that simply couldn't live up.

And how does a TE share the ball?
Yeah! You tell 'em! You know what's what!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That would be news to John Phillips and James Hanna who seemed to have no problem working along side Witten and had imo great careers here.
I'm sure there are lots of quotes from them about how much he helped.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I'm sure there are lots of quotes from them about how much he helped.

pretty sure phillips and hanna praised witten for his dedication and helping them learn to be in line blockers and the flip side is he saw that they were hard workers who were dedicated thus they all were a good fit.

Bennett got poisoned by Owens. Owens was a start and that rookie class in 08 came in to an unfair situation. The expectations were to win a championship, they were on hard knocks and they were favorites across the board by pundits.

those guys in 08 just parroted his nonsense. Martellus Bennett is a good dude who is a free spirited creative type and witten is an old school right wing follow orders guy. It was a terrible match for both of them. That happens sometimes.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yikes...Witten's reputation around the league in some circles must be really bad for Hooper to call him out like that unprovoked!

He played with Dalton Schultz at Stanford so they probably talk about it :eek:

While there may be some truth here, Jason's interaction with other players ( teammates AND other players around the league, defense, and offense) confirms he's well respected by his peers.

mmohican29

Reaction score
This would bother me about Witten if there weren't literally hours upon hours of tape a teammate could review to see how a limited athlete like Witten became an all-time great.

Also, I find it hard to believe a teammate asking for tips would not get at least some kind of insight from Jason.

This is pro football. Work. Work. Work.

Find a way to get better and be great, or be satisfied to reach Austin Hooper heights- a fine player for sure, but not a HOF-er.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's BS. You just have a loud mouth loser like Bennet running his mouth because Witten was model citizen TE HOFer. And he was the opposite. Entitled, jealous, punk that simply couldn't live up.

And how does a TE share the ball?

And how is Bennett involved in this, or are you just buying tripe that homerfied trash web rag Blogging the Boys is tweeting out?

stiletto

Reaction score
While true, it seems like common knowledge that Witt was not the kind of kid that shared the ball, so to speak.

Who goes to work every day saying "sure kid, take my work and my paycheck, I like unemployment..." ?? I mean really.... if someone comes to my job thinking they are a badder *** than me, they better be ready or get totally embarassed. That's just life and frankly anyone that doesn't have that attitude in their career is a grade "A"... TOOL-BOX

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Already the 2nd post about how Witt is a HOF'er, but not addressing that he apparently never helped the guys behind him.
I knew many people like that in the locker room, most of them were studs. They don't get paid to coach. I'm sure his work ethic was a lesson in itself for those who chose to pay attention. Many coaches don't even like it when a player tries to coach. This is nothing. Whitten may have kept to himself and his family and many young players thought he was anti social.
Again, nothing to see hear, except a young player that was probably taken out of context.

Loso86

Reaction score
Already the 2nd post about how Witt is a HOF'er, but not addressing that he apparently never helped the guys behind him.
Exactly, and selfishly thought he was still a Number 1 TE. He must have known he was hurting the team more than helping

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
He is obviously right, and as others said Dalton Schwartz and him probably text.

Witten was bad for this team the last few years. It was obvious that he was playing based on seniority, and not talent. And it was obvious that he would pout about being taken out of games. So glad this guy is no longer then”leader” of our team when he left the team at the first good opportunity.

Jason Witten being gifted everything from this team the last few years and playing based in seniority rather than ability encapsulates much of what was wrong with the Jason Garrett era.