Avengers: Endgame Trailer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
Man, y'all really get into this stuff. I just want to be entertained.

I haven't watched infinity war, and I'll wait until the conclusion comes out to do so. I hate set up movies, the ones that leave you hanging until the next one. That's stuff for TV series.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I haven't watched infinity war, and I'll wait until the conclusion comes out to do so. I hate set up movies, the ones that leave you hanging until the next one. That's stuff for TV series.

You mean entertained like "feel good, ha-ha" kind of stuff?

If so I could see doing it your way.

But if you want to be entertained by having your emotions tugged & pulled various directions, thus allowing the movie to create some kind of impact with you then watching them separately, allowing time between watching first and then the second is the way to go.

The first movie is a heck of a movie in its own-right. The ending is a kick to the nuts but I think that's going to make watching the second all the sweeter. But the first movie is very good and should be embraced on its own without it's younger sibling just leading the ending of the first movie to a happy ending in the second.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

But then you have to listen to people give away parts of the movie, which would have been more enjoyable, had you not known about it before watching.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But then you have to listen to people give away parts of the movie, which would have been more enjoyable, had you not known about it before watching.

Valid point.

Not too mention the amount of "stuff" that was crammed into "Infinity Wars". You can't really compare that movie to a TV show that's been plodding along for several weeks and then leaves you off at a cliff-hanger.

"Infinity Wars" is non-stop action (not telling you specifically because you've watched it) from beginning to end and would have to be seen multiple times in order to get all the nuances.

To say watch "Infinity Wars" one night and then the upcoming new movie the next would do yourself and the movie an injustice.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was not surprised seeing Stark with the group in the trailer but I now started wondering if my assumption for why he is okay was wrong. I am not fully versed in the current Captain Marvel's powers and made my assumption based on her character's predecessor. Anyone interested in my nerd thought on seeing Stark as okay in the trailer (AND ANYONE WHO HAS ALREADY SEEN THE CM MOVIE!) can click the spoiler link below--even though it is not technically a spoiler since I have not seen the upcoming movie yet. :muttley:

One of the original Captain Marvel's powers was cosmic awareness. Mar-vell had the literal ability to sense things happening in the universe. It was a power that usually made him perceptive on a subliminal level BUT he could expand his awareness to detect the location of things and individuals in space.

I may be wrong but we see Danvers leading the Skrull expedition to their new homeworld at the end of her movie. Yes, she had the spatial coordinates for their new planet but it would be necessary to 'know' what obstacles are directly ahead of her flight plan in order to avoid collisions. For this reason, I think Carol also has cosmic awareness.

If true, it would not surprise me if she uses her power to locate Stark, fly to him (yes she can fly that fast), rescue him and return him back to Earth. Just a guess but it is a thought I have had since seeing the very first Avengers: Endgame trailer last year. After all, he must rejoin the group somehow, right? :p Then again, I will not be disappointed if I guessed wrong about her power and how Stark ends up safe-and-sound.

That would be cool if it happened that way...

Not sure they'll let Captain Marvel flash her power that early in the film... One of the things I've read about the film is the concern about letting the most powerful Avenger simply flash her skill and solve all the problems on her own.

But again, her saving Tony Stark would give her a lot of credibility with the group.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I kinda know where you are coming from. For example, one of the most pissed off times in my life happened at the conclusion of Kill Bill: Volume 1. It was torturous waiting for Volume 2 to hit theaters months later.

Then again, my reaction was totally about impatience due to the wait. I would be more upset denying myself the opportunity to see a very entertaining movie simply because another 2+ hour part was still to come. If I had MY way, every multi-part movie would be a single film. It would not bother me one bit to sit through a 4-6 hour movie.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Valid point.

Not too mention the amount of "stuff" that was crammed into "Infinity Wars". You can't really compare that movie to a TV show that's been plodding along for several weeks and then leaves you off at a cliff-hanger.

"Infinity Wars" is non-stop action (not telling you specifically because you've watched it) from beginning to end and would have to be seen multiple times in order to get all the nuances.

To say watch "Infinity Wars" one night and then the upcoming new movie the next would do yourself and the movie an injustice.
Watching both movies that close together for the first time would be a lot to process.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I kinda know where you are coming from. For example, one of the most pissed off times in my life happened at the conclusion of Kill Bill: Volume 1. It was torturous waiting for Volume 2 to hit theaters months later.

Then again, my reaction was totally about impatience due to the wait. I would be more upset denying myself the opportunity to see a very entertaining movie simply because another 2+ hour part was still to come. If I had MY way, every multi-part movie would be a single film. It would not bother me one bit to sit through a 4-6 hour movie.
As long as the theater had a 15 or 20 minute intermission, to pee and get something to eat....and stretch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Kevin Feige and Marvel are tricky mofo's. They show and tell then bait and switch so much. Remember the money shot for The Infinity War trailer that showed Hulk and all The Avengers charging? They put that in there on purpose to mislead us. It wasn't just a cut shot.

Who the damn hell knows what's in store with this movie....just buckle up and do whatever.it. takes to experience it!

That was thought at first.
but I think the battle played out more than once. (Off screen or (Dr. Strange possible futures) or in EG) One time he was Hulk.

This is the movie that will cement the group's name in the MCU.

The group came together to defend New York and the planet from the Chitauri.

They defended the Earth against Ultron's armageddon scheme.

They and Wakanda defended the planet against Thanos attack.

This time will be different. Like Tony Stark told Loki in the first movie:

'If we cannot protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we will avenge it."

Buckle up folks. The Avengers are finally going on the offensive.

Goosebumps.

First time. Defended.
Second time. Defended.
Third time. They didn’t defend it. As soon as Thanos came he conquered.
(In boxing terms, it was a knockout. No contest.)

4th time. Defend and Avenge.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Third time. They didn’t defend it. As soon as Thanos came he conquered
(In boxing terms, it was a knockout. No contest.)
Defended and lost simply because Thor was vain enough to want to look into Thanos dying eyes. If that is 'conquered', so be it. :)
4th time. Defend and Avenge.
What are they defending the fourth time around? Thanos 'retired' after wiping out half of universe's living beings.

Referencing the original movie once more, it is like Stark said, "I have a plan. Attack." The Avengers are on the attack this time around.[/QUOTE]

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Defended and lost simply because Thor was vain enough to want to look into Thanos dying eyes. If that is 'conquered', so be it. :)
What are they defending the fourth time around? Thanos 'retired' after wiping out half of universe's living beings.

Referencing the original movie once more, it is like Stark said, "I have a plan. Attack." The Avengers are on the attack this time around.
[/QUOTE]

To use football terms.
A loss is a loss. Lol

What are they defending ? Remains to be seen. We don’t know if they get a chance to fix/ /redo /defense/ alter?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To use football terms.
A loss is a loss. Lol

What are they defending ? Remains to be seen. We don’t know if they get a chance to fix/ /redo /defense/ alter?
You got me thinking to be honest. I do not see them defending anything this time around. Half the universe's population--and people they knew and loved--are gone because of Thanos. This time I only see them sliding the A in front of VENGEANCE and lopping off the ANCE at the end.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Referencing the original movie once more, it is like Stark said, "I have a plan. Attack." The Avengers are on the attack this time around.
[/QUOTE]

Isn’t there a little “undo”... “start over” to go along with “attack”?

Also... Do we really know? (I never researched it) Did Thor actually miss while going for the head? Then gloat?
Comic friend dans have always told me Thor was dumb charater in comics. Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn’t there a little “undo”... “start over” to go along with “attack”?

Also... Do we really know? (I never researched it) Did Thor actually miss while going for the head? Then gloat?
Comic friend dans have always told me Thor was dumb charater in comics. Lol
It is all an assumption on my part. It was a new hammer he was (perhaps) still getting used to.

Based on all previous movies, I believe a credible argument could be made Thor is pretty darn accurate handling a hammer. For example, he was deflecting Chitauri blaster fire with ease in the original Avengers movie. And there were a couple of good examples of Thor throwing Mjolnir at distance hitting the bullseye in Thor: The Dark World.

Plus, I would describe Chris Hemsworth's looking into Thanos' eyes after hitting hit square in the chest as a gloat. Kinda like a 'you killed my people and my brother and I said I would return the favor so what do you think about me now' look. :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It is all an assumption on my part. It was a new hammer he was (perhaps) still getting used to.

Based on all previous movies, I believe a credible argument could be made Thor is pretty darn accurate handling a hammer. For example, he was deflecting Chitauri blaster fire with ease in the original Avengers movie. And there were a couple of good examples of Thor throwing Mjolnir at distance hitting the bullseye in Thor: The Dark World.

Plus, I would describe Chris Hemsworth's looking into Thanos' eye after hitting hit square in the chest as a gloat. Kinda like a 'you killed my people and my brother and I said I would return the favor so what do you think about me now' look. :D

Fair enough. Sold!

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
https://ign.com/articles/2019/03/19...pulated-shots-footage-not-even-in-the-movie-2

Told you guys Marvel purposely mislead us, just like the money shot for Infinity War. Every theory in this thread and probably across the Internet is most likely not even close to what we will see in this movie unless you've read a complete leak. Yes I've seen the leaked pics but knowing Marvel they purposely took those pics just to leak them and mislead us. This type of marketing is fairly common. I just think Marvel took Endgame to another level of secrecy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://ign.com/articles/2019/03/19...pulated-shots-footage-not-even-in-the-movie-2

Told you guys Marvel purposely mislead us, just like the money shot for Infinity War. Every theory in this thread and probably across the Internet is most likely not even close to what we will see in this movie unless you've read a complete leak. Yes I've seen the leaked pics but knowing Marvel they purposely took those pics just to leak them and mislead us. This type of marketing is fairly common. I just think Marvel took Endgame to another level of secrecy.
Thanks for posting. Personally, I love their approach. The misdirection keeps you guessing... while allowing you to keep thinking an idea or two may still come true in the movie. :grin:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Personally, I love their approach. The misdirection keeps you guessing... while allowing you to keep thinking an idea or two may still come true in the movie. :grin:

Oh yeah completely agreed I should have added that I think it is an absolutely brilliant, brilliant strategy. And also the Disney/Fox merger goes through tonight at 12:02 EST. That means we now OFFICIALLY have the Fantastic 4 and freaking XMEN in the MCU. Who knows what stuff Marvel and Disney might cook up for a few major surprises at the end of Endgame and most likely the post credits scenes. CAN'T WAIT.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yeah completely agreed I should have added that I think it is an absolutely brilliant, brilliant strategy. And also the Disney/Fox merger goes through tonight at 12:02 EST. That means we now OFFICIALLY have the Fantastic 4 and freaking XMEN in the MCU. Who knows what stuff Marvel and Disney might cook up for a few major surprises at the end of Endgame and most likely the post credits scenes. CAN'T WAIT.
:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.