Avengers: Endgame Trailer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anything is possible with Infinity Stones, especially the Time Stone, but I think Endgame will be more about repair than rewind. I could be absolutely wrong though. :)

That is an interesting question... Shift time back to just before he used the stones or just repair all the damage done by him using the stones.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is an interesting question... Shift time back to just before he used the stones or just repair all the damage done by him using the stones.

I think it's "cleaner" to go back to before he used the stones. Because even if you succeeded in bringing everyone back, reality is forever changed and the world would never be the same again.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Just a semantics note: TV spots, featurettes, etc. are not trailers. Trailers are those that play before movies in the theater (they used to play after the movie, hence the name).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just some general musings...

1. Infinity Stone Inventory

Mind - limitless mind control
Power - unlimited energy manipulation
Reality - unrestricted ability for creating & deconstructing existence
Soul - immensurable command of life and death
Space - inexhaustible authority over the fabric of space and all it contains
Time - boundless mastery over the fabric of time and all it encompasses​

2. Disney/Marvel now controls creative rights over X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.​

3. The Infinity Gauntlet allows control over all stones BUT its owner uses the stones simultaneously, individually or in random combinations. Even so, usage should be conducted with the greatest of care.

4. Thanos took the Time Stone owner, Stephen Strange, out of the equation

5. The Mind, Power, Soul and Space stones are unnecessary for 'fixing' Thanos' existing damage

6. Arguably, the Reality Stone was the only Infinity Stone Thanos primarily used to snap half the universe's population from existence
Okay. Do not click below if you do not prefer reading the continued ramblings of a comic book nerd.

Hypothetically, Endgame will bring back everyone Thanos snapped out of existence AND provide the tool necessary for adding new characters. Ultimately, I speculate Disney/Marvel using Tony Stark or Steve Rogers in the story to correct Thanos' prior actions with the Reality Stone--not the Time Stone. However, I believe both men, who are human without the ability to fully grasp the intricacies of the task, will successfully return everyone wiped out and create never before seen new individuals in the universe due to his flawed use of the stone. Dr. Strange will be returned as well and could reset time as keeper of the Time Stone but will leave things as is that he has already likely foreseen. Result? Half the universe's population, absent heroes included, winks back into existence and someone from Xavier's gang, the Richards family, etc., makes a brief 10-second post credits appearance before Endgame pops off the big screen and the theater lights turn on.

...and the answer is yes. Yes, I will be extremely happy when I finally see this picture! :rolleyes::p

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just some general musings...

1. Infinity Stone Inventory

Mind - limitless mind control
Power - unlimited energy manipulation
Reality - unrestricted ability for creating & deconstructing existence
Soul - immensurable command of life and death
Space - inexhaustible authority over the fabric of space and all it contains
Time - boundless mastery over the fabric of time and all it encompasses​

2. Disney/Marvel now controls creative rights over X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.​

3. The Infinity Gauntlet allows control over all stones BUT its owner uses the stones simultaneously, individually or in random combinations. Even so, usage should be conducted with the greatest of care.

4. Thanos took the Time Stone owner, Stephen Strange, out of the equation

5. The Mind, Power, Soul and Space stones are unnecessary for 'fixing' Thanos' existing damage

6. Arguably, the Reality Stone was the only Infinity Stone Thanos primarily used to snap half the universe's population from existence
Okay. Do not click below if you do not prefer reading the continued ramblings of a comic book nerd.

Hypothetically, Endgame will bring back everyone Thanos snapped out of existence AND provide the tool necessary for adding new characters. Ultimately, I speculate Disney/Marvel using Tony Stark or Steve Rogers in the story to correct Thanos' prior actions with the Reality Stone--not the Time Stone. However, I believe both men, who are human without the ability to fully grasp the intricacies of the task, will successfully return everyone wiped out and create never before seen new individuals in the universe due to his flawed use of the stone. Dr. Strange will be returned as well and could reset time as keeper of the Time Stone but will leave things as is that he has already likely foreseen. Result? Half the universe's population, absent heroes included, winks back into existence and someone from Xavier's gang, the Richards family, etc., makes a brief 10-second post credits appearance before Endgame pops off the big screen and the theater lights turn on.

...and the answer is yes. Yes, I will be extremely happy when I finally see this picture! :rolleyes::p

While I very much like your theory, I definitely do not expect it will happen.

Logistically, it would have required a tremendous rush job. Casting actors in the appropriate roles would have had to occur before the Disney/Fox acquisition was finalized.

Secondly, everything I've read about Marvel's future plans indicates that they have chose to take a slow build approach to the X-Men, and little to nothing has been mentioned of the Fantastic Four at all. The only plans I have seen mentioned include a Black Widow solo film, which looks to be ramping up to start production in June. After that, there's talk of Eternals, sequels to Black Panther and Doctor Strange, Shang-Chi Master of Kung **, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 set for 2021 I believe.

One surprise I could see is the Fantastic Four, but even that is remote. On the plus side, you'd just have to cast four people, but I'm hard-pressed to believe that they could both cast and filme something without anyone knowing anything about it. I'd love for your hypothesis to be correct, as I'm not all that jazzed about the projected upcoming slate of films after Endgame, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm a bit disheartened by what looks like a dropoff in both quality and stakes in the future films. And I'm seeing a forced sense of diversity, driven by profit margin and expanding the brand, rather than a noble gesture of inclusion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn’t they say something like undo what Thanos did? In a trailer

I think you heard correctly without my looking at the trailer again. Here is something I am considering (and perhaps thinking about alone, lol).

Thanos is both a Titan and an Eternal. Additionally, Thanos' mentality is shaped remarkably different from any of the Avengers who will attempt to undo what he has done.

Thor Odinson is the closest to Thanos in psychological and comprehensive cosmic mentality but there is a significant gap existing between how both beings relatively think. I believe that distinction will be emphasized in the movie.

Thanos assembled the Infinity Stones and then used them in such a way that he alone completely understands. What was apparent to all witnesses, who either watched him on Earth or were aware of his intentions, is that Thanos snapped his fingers and half of sentient life across the universe vanished almost instantly. Only Thanos knows the exact specifics that made his desire become reality.

Not a spoiler but my continued thoughts/do not open if you dislike what ifs.

Therein lies an inherently hypothetical flaw Disney/Marvel will capitalize upon in my opinion. On the surface, it will appear at first to the Avengers that they will have succeeded in reversing Thanos' damage but they may, in fact, only reverse as much of what Thanos did as they can mentally conceive. This possible outcome will provide a plot device for Disney/Marvel to introduce their acquired character properties since the Avengers may create a solution they did not anticipate or discern could occur.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I very much like your theory, I definitely do not expect it will happen.

Logistically, it would have required a tremendous rush job. Casting actors in the appropriate roles would have had to occur before the Disney/Fox acquisition was finalized.

Secondly, everything I've read about Marvel's future plans indicates that they have chose to take a slow build approach to the X-Men, and little to nothing has been mentioned of the Fantastic Four at all. The only plans I have seen mentioned include a Black Widow solo film, which looks to be ramping up to start production in June. After that, there's talk of Eternals, sequels to Black Panther and Doctor Strange, Shang-Chi Master of Kung **, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 set for 2021 I believe.

One surprise I could see is the Fantastic Four, but even that is remote. On the plus side, you'd just have to cast four people, but I'm hard-pressed to believe that they could both cast and filme something without anyone knowing anything about it. I'd love for your hypothesis to be correct, as I'm not all that jazzed about the projected upcoming slate of films after Endgame, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm a bit disheartened by what looks like a dropoff in both quality and stakes in the future films. And I'm seeing a forced sense of diversity, driven by profit margin and expanding the brand, rather than a noble gesture of inclusion.
I think Disney/Marvel can provide future hints under certain conditions.
Good point about the probability of having actors under contract before the production of Endgame completed production or even before some of post-Endgame releases debut. However, the possibility of ambiguous cameo(s) is not impossible. For example. Josh Brolin was not casted yet for Thanos voicework until Avengers: Age of Ultron but the character appeared beforehand in the original movie where the audience only sees him sitting or raising from his chair in shadow and also flashing his insidious smile.

CGI character(s) could be hinted similarly during the conclusion of Endgame. Ben Grimm maybe..? A masked character might be done the same way. A masked Wolverine growling from the shadows of an alley is doable. Production projects would occur down the road but hints at who audiences can expected to see later could be provided now without certain permanent casting roles being filled already.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Disney/Marvel can provide future hints under certain conditions.
Good point about the probability of having actors under contract before the production of Endgame completed production or even before some of post-Endgame releases debut. However, the possibility of ambiguous cameo(s) is not impossible. For example. Josh Brolin was not casted yet for Thanos voicework until Avengers: Age of Ultron but the character appeared beforehand in the original movie where the audience only sees him sitting or raising from his chair in shadow and also flashing his insidious smile.

CGI character(s) could be hinted similarly during the conclusion of Endgame. Ben Grimm maybe..? A masked character might be done the same way. A masked Wolverine growling from the shadows of an alley is doable. Production projects would occur down the road but hints at who audiences can expected to see later could be provided now without certain permanent casting roles being filled already.

I don't see the big payoff. Especially when their plans look to be set for the next two to three years. Why force in a mention storyline or cameo from a property you won't be developing for up to three years?

Like I said, I'd love for you to be right and I would be trying to get to these newly-acquired, more popular and well-known properties as soon as I could too. I'd love to see them jump in and reestablish the perpetually-mishandled Fantastic Four property as soon as possible. But it looks by all accounts that Marvel has other plans.

I'm certainly not overly excited at the prospects of a Shang Chi movie or the Eternals, which I feel will go over as well as the Inhumans did (not at all). And I see nothing on the horizon that compares to the event films that the Avengers have been.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be careful out there guys...major leaks have hit the web. I might pull the plug on the old interwebs for a while. Luckily I haven't been spoiled yet. Just a warning!

Thanks for the head's up. I was worried about this.
:omg:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Yeah...this is bad fellas. Like REALLY bad. Social media is going to be a massive crap storm because of this. I think it might be unavoidable. What a shame.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah...this is bad fellas. Like REALLY bad. Social media is going to be a massive crap storm because of this. I think it might be unavoidable. What a shame.

Something to consider however is that it may all be false rumors. Marvel has done a great job of keeping things under wraps before and to this point.

Nobody knew the heroes were going to lose in Infinity War, much less that half would get dusted. So I think they've done a good job of keeping surprises. I've seen plenty of rumored inside info that turned out to be bogus.

I will say this however, see it quickly, because once it's released, all bets are off.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Something to consider however is that it may all be false rumors. Marvel has done a great job of keeping things under wraps before and to this point.

Nobody knew the heroes were going to lose in Infinity War, much less that half would get dusted. So I think they've done a good job of keeping surprises. I've seen plenty of rumored inside info that turned out to be bogus.

I will say this however, see it quickly, because once it's released, all bets are off.

Someone filmed the whole movie and put a 4 to 6 minute complete synopsis video including the ending. Ouch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think you heard correctly without my looking at the trailer again. Here is something I am considering (and perhaps thinking about alone, lol).

Thanos is both a Titan and an Eternal. Additionally, Thanos' mentality is shaped remarkably different from any of the Avengers who will attempt to undo what he has done.

Thor Odinson is the closest to Thanos in psychological and comprehensive cosmic mentality but there is a significant gap existing between how both beings relatively think. I believe that distinction will be emphasized in the movie.

Thanos assembled the Infinity Stones and then used them in such a way that he alone completely understands. What was apparent to all witnesses, who either watched him on Earth or were aware of his intentions, is that Thanos snapped his fingers and half of sentient life across the universe vanished almost instantly. Only Thanos knows the exact specifics that made his desire become reality.

Not a spoiler but my continued thoughts/do not open if you dislike what ifs.

Therein lies an inherently hypothetical flaw Disney/Marvel will capitalize upon in my opinion. On the surface, it will appear at first to the Avengers that they will have succeeded in reversing Thanos' damage but they may, in fact, only reverse as much of what Thanos did as they can mentally conceive. This possible outcome will provide a plot device for Disney/Marvel to introduce their acquired character properties since the Avengers may create a solution they did not anticipate or discern could occur.

Remember in IW trailer when we saw Hulk running not the hulk buster?
But in movie was HB.... there’s more to that imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.