Awuzie might be a Stale Cheeto

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Numbers can be cruel but rarely tell the full story...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It was unbelievable how many perfect "dimes" got fitted in to the WR's he was covering. Chido was in perfect coverage, had his arms up, and the ball just kept dropping in the bucket. I'd guess probably 8-10 times that happened. No way does that repeat next year.

I'm more interested in what happens with Jourdan Lewis.
That's the way I saw it too. Targeted all season and was right there most of the time. I have no problem with him.

jjktkk

Reaction score
A lot of folks sometimes get too consumed with stats, and forget about the eye test.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The numbers are pretty cut and dry.

No, those numbers are derived by a process that requires analysis from watching game footage.

It's often a guess in regards to which defenders were responsible.

Yes, on some plays such as deep sideline passes against man coverage it is obvious; however, more often than not it's uncertain for anybody that does not know the defensive call or scheme requirements.

PFF just assigns blame to the closest defender.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, those numbers are derived by a process that requires analysis from watching game footage.

It's often a guess in regards to which defenders were responsible.

Yes, on some plays such as deep sideline passes against man coverage it is obvious; however, more often than not it's uncertain for anybody that does not know the defensive call or scheme requirements.

PFF just assigns blame to the closest defender.

Speaking of which he was the 70th ranked corner per PFF... That's out of 112 corners considered semi-regular or more. His overall grade was 63.9

According to PFF, his worst weeks were #5 & #7 (too lazy to look up who they were against) when he registered a 36 & a 22.

He ended the season strongly:

His last 5 weeks (3 games at the end of the season plus the 2 playoff games):

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First off his name is Chido.

But when it comes to him I have to judge him using the eye test. He had some footballs caught on him that were incredible throws and catches. It truly was remarkable. The guy can cover. The rest will come.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis played better than him and it pissed me off that these stupid coaches didn't play lewis more. And move chido to the slot where he was projected to go during the draft anyway. Lewis was the best mirror corner that draft class.

I heard more scouts touting him as a ideal safety bc of his size, tackling, and coverage abilities.. And I personally have been wanting this to happen ever since we drafted Lewis also. And I’ll say it again..

HOT TAKE: With the safety position as polarizing as it has been.. Dallas has their Safety already on the team with Awuzie. Draft the best Corner available that Kris Richard can mold.

CB

BJones
ABrown
JLewis (slot)
2nd Rd (rookie)

safety’s

Woods
Awuzie
IIoka
Heath

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/sp...rl-thomas-make-chidobe-awuzie-new-safety/amp/

“Position flex is important to the Dallas Cowboys and with Awuzie playing primarily at safety, Dallas could use Xavier Woods and him interchangeably at either safety spot. Jeff Heath would provide depth and the Dallas Cowboys can give Jourdan Lewis the shot he deserves on the outside.”

Earl Thomas is great, but perhaps the real answer at safety has been under the Dallas Cowboys noses the entire time. Maybe it’s time to move Awuzie from CB to S and see if they can repeat the success they found with Byron Jones.”

Last edited:

DezNuts

Reaction score
Thought he had a rough stretch in the beginning to middle of the season, but I thought by the end of the year he was playing fine. More good than bad from him last season imo.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Thought he had a rough stretch in the beginning to middle of the season, but I thought by the end of the year he was playing fine. More good than bad from him last season imo.

He was banged up a bit early in the season but when healthy he’s the most talented cb we have...