Babe Laufenberg: Amendola's Made The Team

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I like Babe, but come on, how can you tell he will make the team now? Impossible, very premature statement.

I hope he does, but let's have a femore practices and see what happens......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
tomson75;2162120 said:
Ouch.

No offense Fuzzy, but when the guy that coached each player openly gives his analysis of each receiver's ability....I'm taking it over your numbers.

....and if his speed was an issue, I'd think the coaches and media would have had some measure of that after just a few practices...instead of consistently applauding the guy's performance.

My point wsa that they are definitely not faster. If anything the evidence would suggest hes definitley quicker but as usual theo is just talking out of his butt.

You can say what you want about what you think his coach said but ill take electronic measurement any day.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162126 said:
Also his balance and lateral agility is deficient which is why you can stonewall him on the jam. Give him a good pop and he cant recover.

How do you know that? Is it just from watching him or did you hear a scout/coach say that?

Not trying to fight with you fuzz... just want to know.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;2162128 said:
It doesn't take hours and hours of watching a person to see how quick or fast a player is.

You can stonewall any small receiver like Welker or Amendola.

Sure thing theo the great youtube talent evaluator. whatever dude im done with this.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162136 said:
Sure thing theo the great youtube talent evaluator. whatever dude im done with this.
Next time, when you try to prove that a player is faster and quicker by showing drill times, actually make sure the times are faster. K?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2162135 said:
How do you know that? Is it just from watching him or did you hear a scout/coach say that?

Not trying to fight with you fuzz... just want to know.

because of shuttle scores aren't good at all. That and the fact that pretty much thats the story on him. he cant beat the press.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162126 said:
Give him a good pop and he cant recover.

Except that's exactly what he did yesterday against our pro-bowl corner.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162132 said:
My point wsa that they are definitely not faster. If anything the evidence would suggest hes definitley quicker but as usual theo is just talking out of his butt.

You can say what you want about what you think his coach said but ill take electronic measurement any day.

I'd take the coach's word for it.

Just like we can tell that Felix Jones is quicker than Mendenhall, even though their combine numbers say they're about even.

Stats, times and figures don't compare favorably to watching the game and common sense, IMO.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162139 said:
because of shuttle scores aren't good at all. That and the fact that pretty much thats the story on him. he cant beat the press.
Please, do completely ignore the 3-cone, which actually measure agility.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
tomson75;2162140 said:
Except that's exactly what he did yesterday against our pro-bowl corner.

one play versus a whole body of contrary evidence and newman was piss poor all day. pacman knocked him down yesterday. id hate ti see what henry would do to him.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162132 said:

You wanna bet that if I research your posts, that I can find a few times where you've said 'something about 'football speed' or 'fast with the pads on'?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162139 said:

I know that's the word on him but to say he has no lateral agility and balance is stretching it, IMO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;2162144 said:

look chachi you said that he was faster and just as quick whereas the measurables say the exact opposite. but hey you cankeep on bring up the 3 cone which does nothing to support your poisition. its a difference of .2.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
tomson75;2162146 said:
You wanna bet that if I research your posts, that I can find a few times where you've said 'something about 'football speed' or 'fast with the pads on'?

go for it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
theogt;2162144 said:

I was going to mention the 3-cone too... but Fuzzy did say "lateral" agility.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162148 said:
look chachi you said that he was faster and just as quick whereas the measurables say the exact opposite. but hey you cankeep on bring up the 3 cone which does nothing to support your poisition. its a difference of .2.
Can you read?

I showed that on the same track he ran a faster 40 time.

And he had a faster 3-cone, which measure quickness/agility. Shuttle measure lateral agility alone.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Beau Morgan is the last player I've seen this hyped...

And what is the similarity? High motors. Danny will give it his all every chance he has on the field. He will stand out because of it. Like now.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162145 said:
one play versus a whole body of contrary evidence and newman was piss poor all day. pacman knocked him down yesterday. id hate ti see what henry would do to him.

What body of contrary evidence? Did he have major problems with it in college? OR are you just going by the same video that you arraigned Theogt for using?

It's obviously not one of his strengths, and no one has suggested otherwise, but he's obviously quick enough to avoid most CB's jams...and I'd bet you he beats Henry's on occasion too.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162149 said:
go for it.

I'd rather shoot myself.

I'll be content just laughing at the fact that you think you know more than the TT coach, Roger Staubach, the Cowboys coaching staff, and the whole of the Dallas media combined.

RxMan

Reaction score
5Countem5;2162122 said:
I guess we are all idiots and compare the NFL Welker to the TT Danny and have no ability to separate the two. Whatever man, that's like me saying everyone who thinks Danny is as good as Welker is looking through black and red glasses.

LOL

So coming out of college you knew Welker was going to do what he has done? You knew he was a "beast" in college and would do the same as a pro? Give me a break. The Chargers with zero WR depth cut him and the Dolphins were more than willing to let him go. Welker was the best WR and best playmaker on the Tech team at the time. He was a better punt returner as well. He was the go-to guy, but he didn't play with Crabtree. All I'm saying is that Amendola at this point (all of 3 practices) is at least par with Welker did in his first camp. Both have/had zero expectations going into the NFL.