Babe Laufenberg: Amendola's Made The Team

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
5Countem5;2162157 said:
Beau Morgan is the last player I've seen this hyped...

And what is the similarity? High motors. Danny will give it his all every chance he has on the field. He will stand out because of it. Like now.

He has more than just a high motor though. He has very nice hands, very good quickness, good smarts and football smarts, is a precise route runner and has great toughness.

Don't act like all he is, is some try-hard guy with a pot belly.

RxMan

Reaction score
5Countem5;2162157 said:

And what is the similarity? High motors. Danny will give it his all every chance he has on the field. He will stand out because of it. Like now.

I'm going to agree with you an this point. Welker's success could actually hurt Amendola because of the comparisons. They both will give it all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
vicjagger;2161856 said:
What a load of crap! Training camp is only 3 days old. No undrafted free agent has "made the team".

I'm glad someone finally said it.

Da Babe probably had had too much barley and hops.:)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2162139 said:
because of shuttle scores aren't good at all. That and the fact that pretty much thats the story on him. he cant beat the press.

He can't beat the press....despite the fact that we're clearly running a lot of press coverage so far in camp, and he's managed to garner more attention outside of any other receiver on the team not named Owens. Right. :rolleyes:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
RxMan;2162162 said:
So coming out of college you knew Welker was going to do what he has done? You knew he was a "beast" in college and would do the same as a pro? Give me a break. The Chargers with zero WR depth cut him and the Dolphins were more than willing to let him go. Welker was the best WR and best playmaker on the Tech team at the time. He was a better punt returner as well. He was the go-to guy, but he didn't play with Crabtree. All I'm saying is that Amendola at this point (all of 3 practices) is at least par with Welker did in his first camp. Both have/had zero expectations going into the NFL.

I never said anything about what I thought Welker's production would be in the NFL-did I? I said he was a much better player in college.

You're the one who came in and insulted people claiming we weren't smart enough to separate two totally different circumstances. Unreal...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2162163 said:
He has more than just a high motor though. He has very nice hands, very good quickness, good smarts and football smarts, is a precise route runner and has great toughness.

Don't act like all he is, is some try-hard guy with a pot belly.

Do you make a habit of reading things into people's posts all the time? If so, I bet you argue a lot because I never insinuated anything close to that.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
5Countem5;2162185 said:
Do you make a habit of reading things into people's posts all the time? If so, I bet you argue a lot because I never insinuated anything close to that.

You're right... I did read that into your post. I apologize.

So you agree with me on the list of his positives then?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2162187 said:
You're right... I did read that into your post. I apologize.

So you agree with me on the list of his positives then?

Absolutely

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
PosterChild;2161828 said:
Watching local CBS affiliate special live training camp coverage right now, and Babe says he's really excited about Danny Boy-- that he's definitely on the roster.

Also thinks Miles Austin is more talented than Hurd but that Hurd has been more productive...further indicated that he doesn't have sky high expectations from either this year. Hope he's wrong on that score. At some point one of them will move into the number two spot for some length of time when T.O. gets hurt.

dang!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Only 3 practices in and he's earned a roster spot? Wow, at this pace by the 6th practice he'll be starting. By the first preseason game he'll have earned a trip to the Pro Bowl. By the time they break camp, we can induct him into Canton. By the time the season starts he'll rule the world with a skeleton army. I hope he's a benevolent ruler.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2162237 said:
Only 3 practices in and he's earned a roster spot? Wow, at this pace by the 6th practice he'll be starting. By the first preseason game he'll have earned a trip to the Pro Bowl. By the time they break camp, we can induct him into Canton. By the time the season starts he'll rule the world with a skeleton army. I hope he's a benevolent ruler.

How original.

PosterChild

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2162237 said:

Don't fret. Legend has it the kid's got heart.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2162237 said:
Oglesby has a better shot at making the roster?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
somebody needs to do a good roster for us so we can see what problems will have keeping six WRs or 11 DBs or 4 TEs or 5 safeties you get the picture. There will be injuries and we were so luckly last year. Other than the FBs and the two CBs getting nicked we did pretty well. Don't expect that this year.

Hurd, Austin and Stanback or on this team unless there is an injury, trade or pickup of a better vet. Amendola will have to beat one of those guys or they will have to carry six.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think it's a little premature to think Danny has made the team when they haven't even played a single preseason down yet. Lets wait and see what he brings to the table when they're playing against other teams before we are assured that he's going to make the team.

Bizwah

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2162237 said:

The one thing about Parcells I miss?

The great, witty quotes...

"Don't put him in Canton yet"

And, I know people are worried about getting a backup QB. Well guys, you can't just dial 1-800-getaquarterback!

:lmao:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
5Countem5;2162157 said:

Pardon the interruption but my God man, you've just described what every coach in every sport looks for in an athlete. What's your game?

fortdick

Reaction score
What is the comparison between DA and Welker? Who was Welker until he got to NE? He was in Miami wasn't he? The Fins traded him to the best team in the AFC, so they didn;t think it would be all that and a can of pringles.

And what is wrong with having a receiver that has great hands? We could have used one against the Giants!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yep babe just said it again on the score.

He said I know its only 4 practices into camp but this guy is going to make the team.

I will put up the video when it is done. the first two segments are going to take awhile to encode.