Video: Babe Laufenberg On His Assessment Of Kellen Moore, Dak's Ceiling, And More | Shan & RJ

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heard several points that I've been making and it resonates with me.

Gallup was really not ready to play at a high level this year. Why on EARTH....did seasoned front office personnel which... is what the Cowboys have...were they comfortable with paying him as your #2 WR. I mean who on earth made that decision?!!!!! The irony is...we did the whole WR by committee thing the offseason before we traded for Cooper in season. It was a disaster....we had already seen it not work. What are we doing?!!

For those who think we have a ton of weapons or think our roster is better than the 49ers. Listen to what Babe thinks

For those that did not listen....Babe pointed out BOTH the Niners and the Eagles had QBs that moved up in the draft to get (Wentz and Lance) and that did not stop them from adding someone else (Hurts and Purdy)...and BOTH are playing in the title game

Babe also points out big moves were made in free agency AND during the season. He suggested maybe it's time to make a BOLD move.
And many want to do the same thing with Pollard.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Not interested as Babe Laufenberg could not win one of the 2 last games of the 1990 Cowboys season to get them to the Playoffs. So what does he know about QB, Offense, or playoffs.

That's why Jimmy drop him like a bad habit and got a real back up QB that could win and challenge the starter in Steve Beuerlien. This is what Romo and Dak needed holding the clip board behind them.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Gallup was really not ready to play at a high level this year. Why on EARTH....did seasoned front office personnel which... is what the Cowboys have...were they comfortable with paying him as your #2 WR. I mean who on earth made that decision?!!!!! The irony is...we did the whole WR by committee thing the offseason before we traded for Cooper in season. It was a disaster....we had already seen it not work. What are we doing?!!

For those who think we have a ton of weapons or think our roster is better than the 49ers. Listen to what Babe thinks

For those that did not listen....Babe pointed out BOTH the Niners and the Eagles had QBs that moved up in the draft to get (Wentz and Lance) and that did not stop them from adding someone else (Hurts and Purdy)...and BOTH are playing in the title game

Babe also points out big moves were made in free agency AND during the season. He suggested maybe it's time to make a BOLD move.
I knew that letting Cooper go without a viable replacement was going to bite us. I also knew that sitting on our butts on free agency was not the way to build a team. This is entirely the fault of the front office. Mainly Jerry and Stephen. All they do is sit on their butts and twiddle their thumbs. They have no clue on how pro football works.

Lastly, I hope they get rid of Moore and his vanilla playbook which he inherited from Garrett. We are all trying to get rid of Garrett's ghost and it still exist with that archaic playbook that is stuck in the 90s.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
We dont do BOLD moves.
This front office is afraid of making a mistake and takes the conservitive route every time.
When was the last time we signed a high quality free agent for example ?
I think they are still spooked over the Brandon Carr signing.

Or the draft capital they gave up to move up and get Mo Claiborne.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Babe: show me one bad throw Dak made….
RJ: The throw to Ty…..
Babe: OK, that one……

Babe clearly trying to protect Dak.Dak missed several throws.
please replay the whole conversation...... That's not all he said!

When your #1 wr is matched against the LB, every QB will go to this match up!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I'm sure they do he doesn't listen
I don't think they do. Think about it

They ask Micheal to talk to or assess Cee Dee Lamb....AFTER they have already given him #88

They ask Charles Haley or DWare to work with Randy Gregory....AFTER they already give him #94.

By placing those numbers on those guys before they even bust a grape...they are not asking the LEGENDS what the LEGENDS think about those guys....they are TELLING the legends what THEY think about those guys.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I love Pollard. He was in line for a big payday. But you cannot go into next season thinking he is your feature guy. They went into this season expecting Gallup to be their #2....I was at a loss at the time...and I am still at a loss for words on how idiotic that was.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
please replay the whole conversation...... That's not all he said!

When your #1 wr is matched against the LB, every QB will go to this match up!
Also literally everyone goes to that one play. If there were so many open receivers Dak missed you should be able to come up with more examples easy. Dak hasn't been this bad with turnovers his whole career to this point so the simplest answer to me would be getting rid of Amari Cooper and elevating Noah Brown to wr 2 lol.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I knew that letting Cooper go without a viable replacement was going to bite us. I also knew that sitting on our butts on free agency was not the way to build a team. This is entirely the fault of the front office. Mainly Jerry and Stephen. All they do is sit on their butts and twiddle their thumbs. They have no clue on how pro football works.

Lastly, I hope they get rid of Moore and his vanilla playbook which he inherited from Garrett. We are all trying to get rid of Garrett's ghost and it still exist with that archaic playbook that is stuck in the 90s.
Which is why I am so stunned when I hear they are stunned. This year ended like it did last year....with our offense struggling...to the same team!!!!!!!!!! Why did we need to see it again to believe it?!!!!!!!!

After the loss to the 49ers last year...I said after the game right here in this forum...if we played them 10 times...we would lose 7 of them. I don't care that there is a part of the fanbase that thinks we are just if not more talented than them. That's part of fandom. But the front office has to KNOW we got our butts kicked..and running it back was not the right answer. We got what we deserved.

Sydla

Reaction score

The WR thing is hilarious at this point because it once again shows that many fans here were more realistic and smarter than the Jones boys, whose freaking job it is to get these things right. Anyone that wasn't a moron could see they were light at WR in August. Washington was hurt, and he was a JAG anyway. Gallup was coming off major knee surgery and likely need at least a season to get himself totally right. Tolbert was a 3rd round guy but the knock on him in college was he's just a raw prospect that needs refinement.

And the two nitwits in charge looked at that and said, yep, we good. And of course the homers here defended it (the other funny thing is that some whining about lack of weapons were pissy when some of us said the WR situation wasn't good).

I do wonder if Jerry is gonna really panic now and do something crazy like try to get a Hopkins, etc.

Cmac

Reaction score

Babe tapped danced around the big question.......scheme. Can't dispute anything else said.....Dak....no excuse for his play. Can't dispute about Zeke. Babe, can we go back to the question regarding scheme? As for the press box......perhaps Kellen Moore needs to get his $#$# upstairs to see much clearer about defensive formations and triggers.

Cmac

Reaction score
Babe: show me one bad throw Dak made….
RJ: The throw to Ty…..
Babe: OK, that one……

Babe clearly trying to protect Dak.Dak missed several throws.
....and he didn't answer about scheme.

Sydla

Reaction score

Bring Pollard back. Bring in a quality vet as there is always options in FA. Draft another in the middle rounds.

That should be more than enough.

Instead, I suspect Jerry might go silly again and either bring back Elliott or use a first round pick on a TB

Reactions: G2

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hosts desperately trying to get Babe to say it's a scheme issue. Babe points out they're the #3 scoring offense 2 years in a row. I've yet to see any of Kellen's detractors make a coherent argument for how he's getting that type of production.

If you're anti-Dak, he's doing a great job getting what he's got out of Dak.

If you're pro-Dak, he's done a great job with an awful o-line and a dearth of offensive weapons.

Personally, I'd like to see him move on simply because I'm curious how long it will take for the next OC to get thrown under the bus.
I think it is a little of both. I think the weapons are not what people think they are. And I also think Kellen gets too cute at times. The 2nd and 2 interception before the end of the 1st half should have been a run. It should have been a run on every day that ends in 'Y' and twice on Sunday.

And I also think when you are trying to get to the next level...you cannot judge your offense against terrible teams or regular season production. We lost to the 49ers defense last year. Can we honestly say our offseason moves would allow us to beat them if we met them again? I truly think this front office was not convinced when we lost to them last year. And that is just downright shameful. The 49ers are better than us. They were last year. Then they added McCaffarey. Last year the Eagles were not better than us...so they add AJ Washington...and add 2 big run stuffers in season to ensure Dallas would not be able to run the football on them. Now...now...they are better than us. Why did we sit back and let the Eagles pass us? Because we "like our guys"...and we think "our guys" are a lot better than they are.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not interested as Babe Laufenberg could not win one of the 2 last games of the 1990 Cowboys season to get them to the Playoffs. So what does he know about QB, Offense, or playoffs.

That's why Jimmy drop him like a bad habit and got a real back up QB that could win and challenge the starter in Steve Beuerlien. This is what Romo and Dak needed holding the clip board behind them.
So don't bother watching or commenting since you are not interested...unless you are interested?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The WR thing is hilarious at this point because it once again shows that many fans here were more realistic and smarter than the Jones boys, whose freaking job it is to get these things right. Anyone that wasn't a moron could see they were light at WR in August. Washington was hurt, and he was a JAG anyway. Gallup was coming off major knee surgery and likely need at least a season to get himself totally right. Tolbert was a 3rd round guy but the knock on him in college was he's just a raw prospect that needs refinement.

And the two nitwits in charge looked at that and said, yep, we good. And of course the homers here defended it (the other funny thing is that some whining about lack of weapons were pissy when some of us said the WR situation wasn't good).

I do wonder if Jerry is gonna really panic now and do something crazy like try to get a Hopkins, etc.
I expect fans to be fanatics. But the Jonesboys...the ones making billions...the ones responsible for properly assessing the situation..they got caught up in all the points we scored in the regular season in games that don't matter. 49ers shut this offense down LAST year!!!!!!!!!!! Our front office was not convinced...so the 49ers ran it back with a 3rd string rookie and did it again. I guess now the Jonesboys are convinced???????????