Video: Babe Laufenberg On His Assessment Of Kellen Moore, Dak's Ceiling, And More | Shan & RJ

Haimerej

Reaction score
Leaving Dak out of this, what have you witnessed that suggests Moore scoring offense in the regular season translates to the post season.
Looks like you asked about what they did in the regular season.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL I love how the QB makes poor reads and throws and this offseason has now become about Moore.

The neverending scapegoats for Prescott is hilarious. Let Moore go, I want to see the next OC Dak gets fired.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL I love how the QB makes poor reads and throws and this offseason has now become about Moore.

The neverending scapegoats for Prescott is hilarious. Let Moore go, I want to see the next OC Dak gets fired.
Are you honestly content with his scheme, play calling and situational choices?
I mean, Dak has plenty of things to criticize, so why can't both be true?

I'll never understand the idea of piling on one player to defend the coach that's responsible for the entire offensive success.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Looks like you asked about what they did in the regular season.
Jesus dude, read it again. "Leaving Dak out of this, what have you witnessed that suggests Moore scoring offense in the regular season translates to the post season."

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Are you honestly content with his scheme, play calling and situational choices?
I mean, Dak has plenty of things to criticize, so why can't both be true?

I'll never understand the idea of piling on one player to defend the coach that's responsible for the entire offensive success.
Because I don't think a single one of you can actually formulate WHY you think Moore is bad. And I'm be brutally honest: I don't think most of you are educated enough on schemes or the game for you to even criticize Moore. You don't know enough about offensive schemes.

McCarthy DOES know what he is doing and this offense, even against the 49ers, was moving a few times before Dak had brain farts. There is a limit on every single athlete in the league, they all have a ceiling - some higher than others. We have gotten the most out of Dak with McCarthy and Moore...and yet, now it's time to move on from them and not Dak? I mean hell, they even got something out of Rush despite his massive limitations.

It will be the same story once Moore is gone. Let him go, I want to see all of you YET AGAIN shift blame to the OC.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
No one who work for the Cowboys can come out against until the special Jerry Jones cloak of protection is removed. Zeke has finally lost his. Dak is not there yet.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Jesus dude, read it again. "Leaving Dak out of this, what have you witnessed that suggests Moore scoring offense in the regular season translates to the post season."
Which is why I mentioned the Tampa game and the plays left on the field against SF. I also, "witnessed... in the regular season," the team lead the league in red zone scoring and beat Cincinnati with their backup. You took issue with the red zone and I explained my reasoning, citing their production the last few years.

Did it translate? It did against Tampa. Other than Dak's pick intended for CD they scored in the redzone against SF, too. But I don't hold coordinators accountable for bad decisions by the QB.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Because I don't think a single one of you can actually formulate WHY you think Moore is bad. And I'm be brutally honest: I don't think most of you are educated enough on schemes or the game for you to even criticize Moore. You don't know enough about offensive schemes.
Can you explain the choice routes, curls and comebacks that are often times run by multiple WRs/TEs in Moores offense? I can and it gets ignored. The 49ers have an incredible defense, but the scheme didn't help.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Which is why I mentioned the Tampa game and the plays left on the field against SF. I also, "witnessed... in the regular season," the team lead the league in red zone scoring and beat Cincinnati with their backup. You took issue with the red zone and I explained my reasoning, citing their production the last few years.

Did it translate? It did against Tampa. Other than Dak's pick intended for CD they scored in the redzone against SF, too. But I don't hold coordinators accountable for bad decisions by the QB.
They're two seperate things and that's what many refuse to admit. I get ya, Dak makes bad decisions the OC put the offensive players in the proper positions to succeed.

Sydla

Reaction score

McCarthy DOES know what he is doing and this offense, even against the 49ers, was moving a few times before Dak had brain farts. There is a limit on every single athlete in the league, they all have a ceiling - some higher than others. We have gotten the most out of Dak with McCarthy and Moore...and yet, now it's time to move on from them and not Dak? I mean hell, they even got something out of Rush despite his massive limitations.

It will be the same story once Moore is gone. Let him go, I want to see all of you YET AGAIN shift blame to the OC.
To me you just have to look at this realistically.

Dak is going nowhere. Jerry is loyal to him and the financial implications of moving him this offseason are too tough.

Moore? I don't blame him for the issues, at least entirely. I do think he has his hand in this mess though. I advocate for moving on from him for two reasons:

1 - I don't think he's some wunderkind guru that you can't live without.

2 - As I said above, Dak is here to stay, so the only way to salvage this is bring in a new voice/scheme and see if that can somehow squeeze improvement out of Dak.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
To me you just have to look at this realistically.

Dak is going nowhere. Jerry is loyal to him and the financial implications of moving him this offseason are too tough.

Moore? I don't blame him for the issues, at least entirely. I do think he has his hand in this mess though. I advocate for moving on from him for two reasons:

1 - I don't think he's some wunderkind guru that you can't live without.

2 - As I said above, Dak is here to stay, so the only way to salvage this is bring in a new voice/scheme and see if that can somehow squeeze improvement out of Dak.
It can certainly get far far worse than what we have with Moore though? I mean, it's not as though the offense is ranked poorly. It's ranked quite highly. I'm not sure how else we would improve? The issue this year on offense was Dak's turnovers. I'm not entirely sure how an OC will fix this, that's not a scheme issue. Dak was simply making poor reads and forcing it. It's a mental thing. QB coach change? Maybe. But he's also working with McCarthy who knows what he is doing with QBs.

I think the path forward is McCarthy and Moore realizing they have to reign Dak in. I still much prefer how this offense looked under Rush, it was a more methodical offense that spread the ball around and took what the defense gave us.

Sydla

Reaction score
It can certainly get far far worse than what we have with Moore though? I mean, it's not as though the offense is ranked poorly. It's ranked quite highly. I'm not sure how else we would improve? The issue this year on offense was Dak's turnovers. I'm not entirely sure how an OC will fix this, that's not a scheme issue. Dak was simply making poor reads and forcing it. It's a mental thing. QB coach change? Maybe. But he's also working with McCarthy who knows what he is doing with QBs.

I think the path forward is McCarthy and Moore realizing they have to reign Dak in. I still much prefer how this offense looked under Rush, it was a more methodical offense that spread the ball around and took what the defense gave us.
It could get worse. But honestly Moore and Dak don't work and this idea that you can rein in a 7 year vet seems odd to me.

And let's not discount the reality that Jerry very well could extend Dak at some point here too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

The offense was awful last season and this season in the playoffs, where everyone here says is the only thing that matters. The Tampa game was just being well prepared vs. a par team.

Rush? No. We couldn't run the ball consistently for him.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
That legendary QB Babe has comments about what it takes to be a good QB in NFL. Pass..
Lol exactly. Now he's some expert on QBs because he's called Cowboys games with that mark, Brad Sham?

erod

Reaction score
Babe loves to point to others players to explain quarterback mistakes, and sometimes that is certainly legitimate.

But he rarely mentions the times that defenders drop interceptions, or when a throw is made to the wrong receiver, or a quarterback fails to see a coverage pre-snap, etc.

Yes, Gallup ran a lazy route, but at no point was he open. The ball should have never gone that direction, especially with THAT crappy pass.

Haimerej

Reaction score
They're two seperate things and that's what many refuse to admit. I get ya, Dak makes bad decisions the OC put the offensive players in the proper positions to succeed.
What's your take on going 4-1 and beating two playoff teams with Cooper? I'll grant that NYG's probably made it because the NFC is weak but CIN is still in the tournament. No one saw Cooper Rush going 4-1 when Dak went down. Considering the collapse from backups in the past, I think the coaches deserve credit for keeping things together.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What's your take on going 4-1 and beating two playoff teams with Cooper? I'll grant that NYG's probably made it because the NFC is weak but CIN is still in the tournament. No one saw Cooper Rush going 4-1 when Dak went down. Considering the collapse from backups in the past, I think the coaches deserve credit for keeping things together.
My take is it was awesome to see a back up come in a manage. We were very fortunate and it certainly does show solid coaching, though that point is debatable regarding how much Moore actually helped. I haven't been able to locate any data that illustrates the staff's gameplan. But, it's pretty simple. As happy as I am with the 4 wins, that was early in the season and Rush was restricted to what he was responsible for. I don't see any relevance with beating Cincinnati back then and comparing that to the being in the post season. As soon as Prescott returned, the offense opened up and returned to a high ranking offense. The other distinction is the running weapons and overall usage was night & day different from the beginning to the end. the end of the season Elliott was a snail and Pollard wasn't as effective as earlier in the season.
If Rush played and we beat play off teams in the actual playoffs I would think different.