Back from NYC...(A few pics)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RESIN8 said:
when did you guys initially get in line for the draft. Im seriously thinking about going to the draft next year.
The crowd outside was huge on Day 1. We didn't have to stand in line at all. We got there about 30 minutes before it started.

Day 2 is free.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Michael Irvin talking to uh, Michael Irvin....

http://img344.*************/img344/2808/mi9cj.jpg

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Thats a nice picture.

He actually came across, albeit from a distance, as a nice guy...he interacted with the fans...got the BIGGEST kick out of the NY fans booing Herm Edwards when he was interviewed...loved the "triplet" fans...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
He actually came across, albeit from a distance, as a nice guy...he interacted with the fans...got the BIGGEST kick out of the NY fans booing Herm Edwards when he was interviewed...loved the "triplet" fans...

Yeah, he did love the triplets, he was laughing his hind off, when Berman etc. pointed them out on ESPN coverage :D Thats why I liked that picture since it shows the real Irvin, and how he interacts with fans. From all that I heard about him, he is very approachable guy.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Yeah, he did love the triplets, he was laughing his hind off, when Berman etc. pointed them out on ESPN coverage :D Thats why I liked that picture since it shows the real Irvin, and how he interacts with fans. From all that I heard about him, he is very approachable guy.

One of the guys sitting next to us mentioned how Emmitt wouldn't sign autographs and was stand-offish...but that Irvin would sign autographs until everyone got one.

And he did come across that way.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The crowd outside was huge on Day 1. We didn't have to stand in line at all. We got there about 30 minutes before it started.

Day 2 is free.

Did they have free beer on day two also ?

What a waste of a Sunday. I fired myself as my mechanic. Check the oil in a tractor ? Why, just because they seize if you don't ?

Now I get to cut a 2 acre lawn with a 20 inch push mover. Should only take 3-4 hours a weekend with trim work.

Sorry I miised ya Bro. Harley oil is checked and good.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Typical of what happened off the air....

Irvin, interacting with the crowd (he just spotted the triplets)

and Kiper is busy making notes and working.

http://img321.*************/img321/8225/irvin0hv.jpg

p1_

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Dallas, the rest can drool. You are the man when it comes to redheads. That pic is for you.

No fair, me likey too.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
p1_ said:
No fair, me likey too.

What's wrong with the girl in you sig picture? Shes much hotter then the redhead! By the way, who is that girl in your sig picture?

She makes me sweat! :)

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Hostile said:
There were concessions but where we were in the VIP section it was catered. Beer, soft drinks, bottled water and eats were all free as long as you had that pass around your neck.

No assigned seating, it's 1st come 1st served. Day 2 there is no charge and plenty of room.

They had a gift bag for everyone who came in. It had some Tops 2005 football cards, some draft stuff, and an FM radio so you could tune in to either ESPN or NFL Network.

It was an all around great venue for the draft.

Thanks Hos,
Now how do I get one of those passes????
Sounds like a great time and I thank you and Juke for sharing the experience you guys have me sold

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Did they have free beer on day two also ?

What a waste of a Sunday. I fired myself as my mechanic. Check the oil in a tractor ? Why, just because they seize if you don't ?

Now I get to cut a 2 acre lawn with a 20 inch push mover. Should only take 3-4 hours a weekend with trim work.

Sorry I miised ya Bro. Harley oil is checked and good.
Day 2 there was no catering but they still had concessions. I don't know if there was beer or not. I honestly don't remember seeing any. Might be why the crowd was smaller.

:grin:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
p1_ said:
No fair, me likey too.
I'll pimp for you next time if you tell me what you like. Dallas and I have had some long conversations about how beautiful redheads are. He's smitten. I had to do this on his behalf.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Thanks Hos,
Now how do I get one of those passes????
Sounds like a great time and I thank you and Juke for sharing the experience you guys have me sold
The passes were issued to sponsors like Chunky Soup, Pepsi, etc.

Juke can tell the story of how we got the passes if he wants. It's his story.

Ask him about Irv. He loved Irv.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a great time, I really have to get there next year. Biggest problem for me is convincing the wife to watch the kids for a weekend while I'm partying in New York. :) I have one of those wireless anywhere attachments in my laptop too, it'd be cool to have someone reporting live from the draft in NYC in the chat room.

Keep posting the pics, I'm loving it.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
5Stars said:
What's wrong with the girl in you sig picture? Shes much hotter then the redhead! By the way, who is that girl in your sig picture?

She makes me sweat! :)

Aishwarya Rai, an Indian Actress, who was formerly Miss World.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'll pimp for you next time if you tell me what you like. Dallas and I have had some long conversations about how beautiful redheads are. He's smitten. I had to do this on his behalf.

Nah. Too many pigmentation problems.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Sounds like you guys had a great time, I really have to get there next year. Biggest problem for me is convincing the wife to watch the kids for a weekend while I'm partying in New York. :) I have one of those wireless anywhere attachments in my laptop too, it'd be cool to have someone reporting live from the draft in NYC in the chat room.

Keep posting the pics, I'm loving it.
I intend to have that next year if I go too. And a better camera.