Back from NYC...(A few pics)

irishwaste

Reaction score
Sounds like you boys had a great time, glad you enjoyed my hometown :D

And dam, I can't get that redhead out of my mind. Hot ones are like diamonds in the rough it feels like.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
irishwaste said:
Sounds like you boys had a great time, glad you enjoyed my hometown :D

And dam, I can't get that redhead out of my mind. Hot ones are like diamonds in the rough it feels like.

Hey....I'm in Merrick...Hos is the alien.

:D

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
One of the guys sitting next to us mentioned how Emmitt wouldn't sign autographs and was stand-offish...but that Irvin would sign autographs until everyone got one.

And he did come across that way.

That's a little bit of a misnomer, Juke. Emmitt and Troy were reluctant to sign helmets and jerseys that someone may turn around a sell to make money. Emmitt was very willing to sign hats for my daughter and me.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
That's a little bit of a misnomer, Juke. Emmitt and Troy were reluctant to sign helmets and jerseys that someone may turn around a sell to make money. Emmitt was very willing to sign hats for my daughter and me.

Well, for whatever it's worth, he made a point of saying how much nicer Irvin was than Emmitt with regard to being friendly.

Ya know, Emmitt could simply have had a bad day.

But...the more important thing is that Irvin seemed to really enjoy interacting with the crowd.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey....I'm in Merrick...Hos is the alien.

:D

I was in the Big Apple before the Twin Towers went down...:(

Did youz guys go check out that site? I know the skyline must be really different from when I was there in 1994.

And, poor Hostile...he finally saw where the big monkey climbed the Empire State Building...! ;) He really needs to get out of Arizona more often...right Hostile?

Oh...and those pics of Big Mike(88)? What's up with that? That suit he was wearing was downright ugly...! :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
5Stars said:

Did youz guys go check out that site? I know the skyline must be really different from when I was there in 1994.

And, poor Hostile...he finally saw where the big monkey climbed the Empire State Building...! ;) He really needs to get out of Arizona more often...right Hostile?

Oh...and those pics of Big Mike(88)? What's up with that? That suit he was wearing was downright ugly...! :D
Arizona is fine by me man. Bring on the Mexican food.

Juke kept insisting that if I joked around too much I would be floating in the East River. Not sure if he meant he'd kill me or some grouchy NYer would.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
5Stars said:

I've lived here my entire life....my customers are mostly in NYC, so I'm there fairly often and I still can't get accustomed to the skyline without the towers.

Hos would be the quintessential New Yorker...he was already starting to become one after two days...I think we shipped him back home just in time.

Irvin's suit wasn't too bad....but the tie was hysterical.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Juke kept insisting that if I joked around too much I would be floating in the East River. Not sure if he meant he'd kill me or some grouchy NYer would.

Don't forget...

http://img466.*************/img466/6889/modfather5am.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Don't forget...

http://img466.*************/img466/6889/modfather5am.jpg
Modfather, you gotta post the Steelers fan picture if you have it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I've only been to New York once, with my family, it was a good time but I'd like to go back with some friends and have a good time. I am considering taking a 3-4 day weekend sometime in the next few months and going - we'll see.

Last time I went, I noted that I would love to live there for a while, but the cost of living in Manhatten just vexes me that people actually do it.

I also noticed that I would be late everywhere - because in Texas and everywhere else in the south, you hold the door open for people. I found that in NYC, if I did that, I would be standing for a LONG time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Bring on the Mexican food and the redheads :D

And brunettes
And blondes
etc.....:D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I hear you...I like being out here in Utah! Out here in the West...where the Cowboys are from! But NY is a sight to behold! I could not keep my eyes off of anything, and I was there for 4 days!

We walked from the Statue of Liberty, all the way down to where your big monkey climbed up! I swear it took us at least 2, may 3 hours! That is a long friggen walk!

I have never met a grouchy NYer...they were all cool to me. They just have that rep...know what I mean? Not only that...how would you like to grow up among the Mafia?!!! :eek:

New York is way cool! I WILL GO BACK...someday! :star:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This whole vegetarian thing has such a serious downside - no messican food or barbecue/steaks. I do so miss chorizo. :(

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
5Stars said:
I hear you...I like being out here in Utah! Out here in the West...where the Cowboys are from! But NY is a sight to behold! I could not keep my eyes off of anything, and I was there for 4 days!

We walked from the Statue of Liberty, all the way down to where your big monkey climbed up! I swear it took us at least 2, may 3 hours! That is a long friggen walk!

I have never met a grouchy NYer...they were all cool to me. They just have that rep...know what I mean? Not only that...how would you like to grow up among the Mafia?!!! :eek:

New York is way cool! I WILL GO BACK...someday! :star:

This is true. When I was there, everyone was either too busy to talk, which I find completely understandable, or extremely friendly.

In fact, being from the South, I find that many of those things we rag on the Northerner for are overblown.

(Note - many does NOT equal ALL :p::D)

irishwaste

Reaction score
What is gonna be really weird is in a few years when the Freedom Tower is up instead of The Towers, the smoke, the beams of light they had for a while, and now nothing. Lower Manhattan's skyline has looked empty though.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I've lived here my entire life....my customers are mostly in NYC, so I'm there fairly often and I still can't get accustomed to the skyline without the towers.

Hos would be the quintessential New Yorker...he was already starting to become one after two days...I think we shipped him back home just in time.

Irvin's suit wasn't too bad....but the tie was hysterical.

The thing is...if us from the west, all of us, came to NY? We would tame all of you people! :D

We got open space out here...!

Now, another thing is...Juke99...if you ever came out to the West (if you haven't already)...you would not want to leave! By the way, that is not how I pictured Hostile...but, yeah...he already looks like a NYer! (and he was acting like one too! i saw his hand on that fine...uh...redhead's...um...can I say booty)? ;)

Come out to Utah...I'll fix you a fine 5Star meal...(mexican food also...stright from New Mexico...) for FREE! :starspin

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Bring on the Mexican food and the redheads :D

And brunettes
And blondes
etc.....:D

I like the way you think! :bow:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
5Stars said:
The thing is...if us from the west, all of us, came to NY? We would tame all of you people! :D

We got open space out here...!

Now, another thing is...Juke99...if you ever came out to the West (if you haven't already)...you would not want to leave! By the way, that is not how I pictured Hostile...but, yeah...he already looks like a NYer! (and he was acting like one too! i saw his hand on that fine...uh...redhead's...um...can I say booty)? ;)

Come out to Utah...I'll fix you a fine 5Star meal...(mexican food also...stright from New Mexico...) for FREE! :starspin

How are your wives?:D:D:D

:eek:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Modfather, you gotta post the Steelers fan picture if you have it.

I didn't get that pic...I tried...good thing though, he might have thought I was interested in him.

:eek: