Backup for Pollard

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Zeke will be the RB. It may not be as soon as we all want and he may not be happy about it, but he'll be here and he'll still be a 1000-yard rusher.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
1 Pollard
2 D Jackson
3 rookie off another team

Zeke can sit out and count the money he is not making this season until week 11. Then he can return playing on his rookie contract or count the season as a total loss.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I want crybaby Zeke off this team.
Crybaby? Because he wants more money?

I guess.

I'm just shocked that there are so many fans of the Cowboys who just take whatever wages their job offers them. No questions asked, no ambition or drive to want to be paid what you think you're worth.

I want Zeke to sign a team-friendly contract too (and I'd like him to grow up some), but I completely understand someone wanting to earn the most money possible, especially someone with such a short span to earn to tis kind of money.

Is Jerry a crybaby every time he holds out for a better business deal? Is the NFL crying when they demand top dollar from the networks?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Crybaby? Because he wants more money?

I guess.

I'm just shocked that there are so many fans of the Cowboys who just take whatever wages their job offers them. No questions asked, no ambition or drive to want to be paid what you think you're worth.

I want Zeke to sign a team-friendly contract too (and I'd like him to grow up some), but I completely understand someone wanting to earn the most money possible, especially someone with such a short span to earn to tis kind of money.

Is Jerry a crybaby every time he holds out for a better business deal? Is the NFL crying when they demand top dollar from the networks?

Smith, Jones, Coop, Dak, Collins. They all need new contracts too. None of them are raising such a stink about it.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
It takes rookie running backs about six weeks to adjust. That's why some of these rooks don't always look good. I'm saying this because Pollard will seem to struggle at times.

1,808 yards is the rookie rushing record.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Backup Options for Pollard:
1. Zeke if he returns.
2. Weber.
3. Morris.
4. Jackson
5. Chunn

If Zeke returns, he starts.

While Zeke is gone, and Pollard starts, who do they make active to backup Pollard on game day?

Chunn or Morris seem like the best fits. Gives us a short yardage back to go with Pollard. They probably go with Morris to split more carries.

Though I wonder how good Olawale is as a short yardage back. He's probably a good 3rd down back. Likely the best pass blocker not named Zeke, and a good receiver too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think Pollard and Morris is enough.

Very likely they will too. Anyone we bring in now would have missed training camp. Unless they anticipate a long holdout for Zeke, I doubt we pick someone up. Though on final cuts they'll have a better idea how long Zeke will stay out, and might see a vet who could come in and fill the gap quickly.