Backup for Pollard

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
They're definitely going with Morris as the "crutch" or #2 RB. Bank on it. Whenever Zeke returns after Week 2 or 3, they will cut Morris.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Morris is just too slow. He has a little burst for the first couple of steps but after that he gets tackled. Dallas should be looking at picking up another good RB as though Zeke wont be back. Plan for life without Zeke and if he comes back its a bonus.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Crybaby? Because he wants more money?

I guess.

I'm just shocked that there are so many fans of the Cowboys who just take whatever wages their job offers them. No questions asked, no ambition or drive to want to be paid what you think you're worth.

I want Zeke to sign a team-friendly contract too (and I'd like him to grow up some), but I completely understand someone wanting to earn the most money possible, especially someone with such a short span to earn to tis kind of money.

Is Jerry a crybaby every time he holds out for a better business deal? Is the NFL crying when they demand top dollar from the networks?
when has jerry "held out" on a player with a signed contract?

i'm "shocked" you're shocked at a statement i've yet to see anyone make. "take whatever wages their job offers them" isn't a phrase i've seen yet so it would seem you're exaggerating just a tad, would it not? i would like to see players honor their contract. however, i do understand they want more money. seems to be the rage. but he's also going for being the highest paid RB out there - and deserved or not that is far from "accepting any wage their job offers" as a point of pity.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I guess.

I'm just shocked that there are so many fans of the Cowboys who just take whatever wages their job offers them. No questions asked, no ambition or drive to want to be paid what you think you're worth.

I want Zeke to sign a team-friendly contract too (and I'd like him to grow up some), but I completely understand someone wanting to earn the most money possible, especially someone with such a short span to earn to tis kind of money.

Is Jerry a crybaby every time he holds out for a better business deal? Is the NFL crying when they demand top dollar from the networks?

Are Jerry or the NFL working under agreed-to salary cap stipulations in their deals?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've never got the fascination with Jackson. I'd keep Weber over him all day long.

Einstein

Reaction score
I think Morris gets the backup spot because of his pass blocking and starting experience unless we go with our FB in that role.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I will never understand the affinity for Jackson. The guy is a complete scrub and has done NOTHING. When he plays he looks terrible.

Weber we really havent even seen play.
Both of these guys have only played with second team linemen. Hard for either to look good playing behind scrubs.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd kick the tires on Ajayi. Even if Zeke comes back, he's a pretty good backup option. And the best part which is music to the ears of Stephen? He'd probably be cheap and imminently cuttable if one of Jackson or Weber eventually outplayed him.

Reactions: BAT

Sydla

Reaction score

I guess.

The little "boo hoo, I feel disrespected because Jerry offered me a Top 5 contract and then made a clear joke about me" is a little cry babyish, for sure.

Some of those analogies aren't apples to apples. When Jerry is holding out for a better business deal, he's often making the initial offer. He's not operating under an existing contract and then throwing a hissy fit halfway through. And the NFL doesn't threaten to pull their broadcasts off Fox or CBS or NBC or ESPN halfway through their network contracts either because they suddenly think they deserve more money.