Bad day for the stat nerds

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For those of you who can’t comprehend what a good modern day defense looks like and you only look at numbers that have 0 context you must be struggling today to explain to yourself what you saw last night from our defense.

Buh buh but.. #29 pass defense.

Since Dak wasn’t there to hang 40 on them we didn’t get to see Kirk Cousins do a bunch of stat padding so the stat nerds can show us a number that is some kind of proof of how “terrible” our defense is.

The defense has been a strength all season and last night it was a strength yet again.

If you just looked at the box score you would think Cooper Rush operated like a really good NFL QB but if you actually watch the game you know that’s not the case.

Random thoughts::

Cedric Wilson is awesome.

Cooper is the man.

Lamb needs to fix the drops it’s annoying.

NFL refs stink.

Next 2 day should be interesting for La’el Collins with trade deadline coming.

Gregory was the best player on the field.

Parsons had a monster game and it still doesn’t compare to his impact as a pass rusher.

He played better than your hero Dalton did. Looks like its you who learned about football today.

Werent you the guy that said this team would be stuck in mediocrity for the next 10 years when Dak signed his big deal?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense really stepped up last night. As they needed to.
And they did it without getting any turnovers, nor a bunch of sacks.

Also the had to overcome 2 turnovers by the offense.

Great game from them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some people will only look at stats but the problem is that a game like Philly where they are shut down nearly the entire game yet Hurts ends up with 400 yards passing makes it look like our defense was this terrible pass defense against them.

Watch the games and remember the context and stop just looking at a number.

Cooper Rush had 325 yards with 2 TDs and 1 int.. He did just as good as Dak could’ve right? /end sarcasm

No he did not play near as good as Dak, what he is, is a backup. A guy who can come in and help win a game or need. He is not a guy I want for a full season or half the season. Frankly not many backup I would want in that situation. People talk Foles yet his looked like crap when he took over in Philly and the eagles defense bailed him out. He got hot in the post season but prior to that he looked like garbage. There is a reason Foles can't hold down a starting QB job. As for Rush he managed the game and at times was forced to step up and make the play and did just that. Does he has short comings? yes as does most every backup QB in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some people will only look at stats but the problem is that a game like Philly where they are shut down nearly the entire game yet Hurts ends up with 400 yards passing makes it look like our defense was this terrible pass defense against them.

Watch the games and remember the context and stop just looking at a number.

Cooper Rush had 325 yards with 2 TDs and 1 int.. He did just as good as Dak could’ve right? /end sarcasm

Next ridiculous thing you are going to tell us is that Cooper Rush will give us similar results as Dak right?

Just look at the stats right? Arent you the poster child for putting up win loss records for QB's to prove some laughable point? When the watching the games would truly show that Dak is worlds better then your hero Dalton?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I totally agree. This is a very young defense with players coming back soon. I am not exaggerating when I say that I think this could be a top ten or better defense come January.

They could turn around and get torched next week.

You can’t depend on defense week to week in this league.

I love what i’m seeing but it’s an offensive league and we need our offense to win us games and whatever a defense gives you is a bonus.

Our defense is more built to attack when we have a lead but last night proves they can play a different style of defense too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ive been consistent on this topic for awhile.

Outside of Buffalo and the Rams our defense is as good as anyone else’s.

You told us the Cowboys were going to suck for the next 10 years. Now you are chastising people?

What a joke!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I totally agree. This is a very young defense with players coming back soon. I am not exaggerating when I say that I think this could be a top ten or better defense come January.

I agree. This unit is just starting to scratch the surface and great thing is they expect more out of themselves. Parsons was not satisfied heading into this game and said he expects more from himself during the bye week. He stepped up and made big plays through out the game. I see a lot of guys stepping up, no one is standing around waiting on someone else to make the play, they are flying to the ball and yesterday showed better tackling skills.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Next ridiculous thing you are going to tell us is that Cooper Rush will give us similar results as Dak right?

Just look at the stats right? Arent you the poster child for putting up win loss records for QB's to prove some laughable point? When the watching the games would truly show that Dak is worlds better then your hero Dalton?

I always said Dak was better than Dalton. All I said was Dalton could get Dak like results which he did with a better win percentage so shut your mouth I’m tired of you reminding me of how I schooled you a year ago and see you still not able a year later to figure out that I was right.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I always said Dak was better than Dalton. All I said was Dalton could get Dak like results which he did with a better win percentage so shut your mouth I’m tired of you reminding me of how I schooled you a year ago and see you still not able a year later to figure out that I was right.

No you said Dak was "slightly" better than Dalton "but neither of them affect winning"

You also said "Dalton efficiency would run the offense better than with Dak".

You also said about 50 other silly things that blew up in your face.

LOL............you havent schooled anyone in a long time and certainly not me. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You told us the Cowboys were going to suck for the next 10 years. Now you are chastising people?

What a joke!

I said the Cowboys would win the East and make the playoffs.

I don’t feel good going past this year with all of these contracts and players we may lose because of those contracts.

Dallas needs to win now because next year our contracts may decimate the team like it’s done to the Chiefs roster.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No you said Dak was "slightly" better than Dalton "but neither of them affect winning"

You also said "Dalton efficiency would run the offense better than with Dak".

You also said about 50 other silly things that blew up in your face.

LOL............you havent schooled anyone in a long time and certainly not me. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

I was right about that version of Dak. I’ve changed tune since then because Dak has evolved into something I didn’t think he was capable of.

Get out of my thread your stinking it up.

Reaction score
For those of you who can’t comprehend what a good modern day defense looks like and you only look at numbers that have 0 context you must be struggling today to explain to yourself what you saw last night from our defense.

Since Dak wasn’t there to hang 40 on them we didn’t get to see Kirk Cousins do a bunch of stat padding so the stat nerds can show us a number that is some kind of proof of how “terrible” our defense is.

The defense has been a strength all season and last night it was a strength yet again.

If you just looked at the box score you would think Cooper Rush operated like a really good NFL QB but if you actually watch the game you know that’s not the case.

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

Parsons had a monster game and it still doesn’t compare to his impact as a pass rusher.

Dude, the defense in this game was quite different than it has been all year. They shut-down Minnesota and did not give up the huge gashing plays they have been all season. 1-13 third down conversions for the Vikings, that kind of defensive showing will take this team far and will certainly stop any complaints,,, not because those earlier observations were not accurate but instead because the defense (or at least the game plan) improved. Hopefully they can keep it up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I don’t feel good going past this year with all of these contracts and players we may lose because of those contracts.

Dallas needs to win now because next year our contracts may decimate the team like it’s done to the Chiefs roster.

Pal, you said the Cowboys would be mediocre for the next 10 years and cried about it. You started threads crying about it.

Whatever you said after that is flip flopping.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score

Cooper is the man.

NFL refs stink.

you finally come to life LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was right about that version of Dak. I’ve changed tune since then because Dak has evolved into something I didn’t think he was capable of.

Get out of my thread your stinking it up.

You mean you were proven dead wrong so you changed your tune. LOL

You stink up this ENTIRE forum with your pathetic Dak sucks drivel.

Here is you sit screaming about how great the defense is and how different they are and in the same breath trying to tell me that its Dak that is different?

You contradict your own BS.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dude, the defense in this game was quite different than it has been all year. They shut-down Minnesota and did not give up the huge gashing plays they have been all season. 1-13 third down conversions for the Vikings, that kind of defensive showing will take this team far and will certainly stop any complaints,,, not because those observations were not accurate but instead because the defense improved. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Oh.. You mean we weren’t beating the heck out of our opponent so they couldn’t stat pad and it was more like week 2 in a close contest?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

I thought you said Dak's contract has already decimated our chances? Now you are pushing it back a year? :facepalm:

Aven8

Reaction score
No way in hell Im trading anyone on this team. We need everyone