Bad day for the stat nerds

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Rush did enough.

It would be interesting to see how much better he would be with more experience on the field but I’d rather some other team find out and we move on.

He just couldn’t generate points and if we got 2 scores behind that game was over.

He also freaks out and throws into heavy coverage too easy instead of just throwing it to his check down or out of bounds.

Im glad he won the game but all the guy did was run the offense. It was a bare minimum performance and it was enough.
I didnt like his accuracy most of the night. Decent zip but he was wild with the ball

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Too many off balance throws when he was pressured. I thought he threw fine when he set his feet and stepped into his throws.

His pocket awareness was bad and any pressure he had could’ve ended with the ball flying anywhere.

More experience may benefit him buts it’s a risk. The guy just doesn’t generate offense. I was hoping to see him use his legs more.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Gregory is just on another level right now.

Best pass rusher in football?

Certainly in the conversation at this point. Did ya see what he did to that tackle the NBC crew was hyping up? Mah goodness.. Just punked him time after time..

fivetwos

Reaction score
For those of you who can’t comprehend what a good modern day defense looks like and you only look at numbers that have 0 context you must be struggling today to explain to yourself what you saw last night from our defense.

Buh buh but.. #29 pass defense.

Since Dak wasn’t there to hang 40 on them we didn’t get to see Kirk Cousins do a bunch of stat padding so the stat nerds can show us a number that is some kind of proof of how “terrible” our defense is.

The defense has been a strength all season and last night it was a strength yet again.

If you just looked at the box score you would think Cooper Rush operated like a really good NFL QB but if you actually watch the game you know that’s not the case.

Random thoughts::

Cedric Wilson is awesome.

Cooper is the man.

Lamb needs to fix the drops it’s annoying.

NFL refs stink.

Next 2 day should be interesting for La’el Collins with trade deadline coming.

Gregory was the best player on the field.

Parsons had a monster game and it still doesn’t compare to his impact as a pass rusher.
Was it just me or did it look like Dorace Armstrong was getting some pressure?

I gotta rewatch.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Certainly in the conversation at this point. Did ya see what he did to that tackle the NBC crew was hyping up? Mah goodness.. Just punked him time after time..

He’s been doing it every week.

His body frame and how he slings guys around like they are half his size makes no sense haha.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He’s been doing it every week.

His body frame and how he slings guys around like they are half his size makes no sense haha.

I think we're starting to see what that 20 pounds of muscle he has put on since he came into the league has done for his power. Dude is crazy strong.. He's tossin 320 pound men around like he's Reggie White. I am so happy for him.. I really hope the Cowboys lock him up before he hits free agency.. Cause those numbers are going to go through the roof if he does.

Creeper

Reaction score
For those of you who can’t comprehend what a good modern day defense looks like and you only look at numbers that have 0 context you must be struggling today to explain to yourself what you saw last night from our defense.

Buh buh but.. #29 pass defense.

Since Dak wasn’t there to hang 40 on them we didn’t get to see Kirk Cousins do a bunch of stat padding so the stat nerds can show us a number that is some kind of proof of how “terrible” our defense is.

The defense has been a strength all season and last night it was a strength yet again.

If you just looked at the box score you would think Cooper Rush operated like a really good NFL QB but if you actually watch the game you know that’s not the case.

Random thoughts::

Cedric Wilson is awesome.

Cooper is the man.

Lamb needs to fix the drops it’s annoying.

NFL refs stink.

Next 2 day should be interesting for La’el Collins with trade deadline coming.

Gregory was the best player on the field.

Parsons had a monster game and it still doesn’t compare to his impact as a pass rusher.

Wilson has looked really good this year. Alvin Harperish? But I am not throwing Gallup away just yet. Let's let him return and see what he can do. Wilson is certainly padding his new contract numbers though, isn't he?

Cooper had one of his best games in a long time. Good to see. Make me want to keep him and Wilson next year. But let's see if he disappears for 4 games now.

Agree on Lamb. the one he dropped last night was probably for a 1st down.

Yes, the NFL refs are horrible. The Cowboys got away with a couple and got called for a couple of ticky tack 15 yards penalties.

I don't think they will trade Collins. With Tyron Smith hurt they may need him as a swing tackle now. I do not trust Nsekhe. I bet the Cowboys give Collins some work at LT this week.

Gregory plays with a very high motor and his quickness is pro-bowl level. He could have been a HoF DE had he not messed up his career. They need to find a way to sign him to a new contract even if it means Trading Lawrence.

Parsons needs to stay at LB. You can see his instincts developing with every game. Last night he showed he is the LB the Cowboys have been missing for a long time. TFLs were non-existent with Jaylon and LVE. Parsons sniffs out plays and makes sure tackles. What a refreshing change for this defense.

Tommy

Reaction score
I was right about that version of Dak. I’ve changed tune since then because Dak has evolved into something I didn’t think he was capable of.

Get out of my thread your stinking it up.
"Version"

This is a new word added to player evaluation that I don't think I have ever heard before.

This is great because no one has to ever be wrong anymore about their player evaluations. If a player turns out to be much better or worse than you said they were going to be then its ok. You weren't wrong.

Your just seeing a different "version" of that player. Its not the player you evaluated.

This is great news! Now everyone can be right about everything in CowboysZone!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I was particularly pleased that the defense did this without a takeaway. I like them as much as anyone, but you can't be dependent on them to get stops.

Last night the turnovers didn't come but the Vikings were stopped time and again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
"Version"

This is a new word added to player evaluation that I don't think I have ever heard before.

This is great because no one has to ever be wrong anymore about their player evaluations. If a player turns out to be much better or worse than you said they were going to be then its ok. You weren't wrong.

Your just seeing a different "version" of that player. Its not the player you evaluated.

This is great news! Now everyone can be right about everything in CowboysZone!

Yeah it’s been around for awhile. Even heard Brad Sham say it about Gregory this AM.

Zeke just this year to last year is a different version of himself.

Terrence Steele as well. List goes on and on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One word: Cousins.

In case you did not hear, or maybe you ignored it. They said Cousins was having a sneaky very good season.
And may he looked that way because our defense MADE him look not as good as he has been.