Bad Playcalling or QB play?

LocoBates

Reaction score
You decide.

Maybe off topic but the time he had to throw the ball was great, I didn't see any real intense pressure on any of the plays shown on that video. So yeah, 2.5 secs all you want but he had more time to throw the ball after that and the fact he was able to throw completions was due to a good job done by the OL. 2.5 is crucial when Defenders are in your face, didn't see the case here.

LocoBates

Reaction score
I respect the loyalty to Lance, but it's time to let that dream die bro. Once the Dak deal was finalized the Lance trade became a waste of a 4th round pick by Jerry. Best case scenario now is he nets us a late comp pick.
Not necessarily, with the Miami QB situation I would say Cowboys have a good opportunity to trade Lance and get a 2025 4th round pick back. Call it a wash if you want. You just need the Miami FO to be as stup..dumb as the Cowboys FO.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not necessarily, with the Miami QB situation I would say Cowboys have a good opportunity to trade Lance and get a 2025 4th round pick back. Call it a wash if you want. You just need the Miami FO to be as stup..dumb as the Cowboys FO.
Zero chance. You wouldn’t get a 4th, I think Josh Dobbs went for a 7th last year, and he was actually starting for Arizona. Plus there are probably 10 other QBs Miami would prefer. It just doesn’t make sense to give up anything for a lottery ticket player who’s a free agent in a few months and isn’t even active on game day for his current team.

LocoBates

Reaction score
Zero chance. You wouldn’t get a 4th, I think Josh Dobbs went for a 7th last year, and he was actually starting for Arizona. Plus there are probably 10 other QBs Miami would prefer. It just doesn’t make sense to give up anything for a lottery ticket player who’s a free agent in a few months and isn’t even active on game day for his current team.
true, hence the requirement for the Maimi FO to be the same as Cowboys FO.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Lol the QB is a top 5 statistical leader amongst QBs the past 5 years. His only issue has been playoff success.
Lol the QB is the worst playoff QB of all time, that is a pretty BIG issue. It's the biggest issue of all.

Plus, like all agenda driven Dak stans, you refuse to acknowledge how Dak compiles his stats - against bad teams and when he's already had a a stinker game the first three quarters of a blowout so he gets some stats against prevent defenses.

Hadenough

Reaction score
There is a reason for this play calling and we've seen it ever since Dak has been in the league. His accuracy prevents the coaches wanting to work and control the middle of the field. Dak is extremely risky throwing into a crowded middle. The throw has to be hard and accurate. Sure he will make few but he is more often than not either throwing behind the WR or leading him into trouble by throwing high and getting the WR blown up. His ball placement is all over the place. Outside throws are safer..plus Dak is slow going through his leads. Dak tends to float those outside balls too. Dak is very protected because of his weak arm. I don't call a back shoulder throw outside where he uses the sideline a tight window throw like some stat sights. He has the sidelines to help protect him.

morat1959

Reaction score
There is a reason for this play calling and we've seen it ever since Dak has been in the league. His accuracy prevents the coaches wanting to work and control the middle of the field. Dak is extremely risky throwing into a crowded middle. The throw has to be hard and accurate. Sure he will make few but he is more often than not either throwing behind the WR or leading him into trouble by throwing high and getting the WR blown up. His ball placement is all over the place. Outside throws are safer..plus Dak is slow going through his leads. Dak tends to float those outside balls too. Dak is very protected because of his weak arm. I don't call a back shoulder throw outside where he uses the sideline a tight window throw like some stat sights. He has the sidelines to help protect him.
You do realize this is 30,000 feet over the stat loving, Dak stains heads don’t you.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is all of the above.

Dak is not elite, but the route combinations aren't always very good and the receivers running these routes aren't helping matters. Dak does tend to throw after receivers get open, rarely releases the ball before that point but that also keeps his int's down.