Bad week to be a Henson critic...

Silverstar

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
He didn't just play great, he looked great. Made one unbelievable throw for the TD, a throw that only a few QB's in NFL history could have had the strength to throw. Truly amazing. If you didn't watch the game, don't comment until you do. He looked great. Very quick release and some rocket passes on thrid and long on a few different occasions. I have never seen him look that good yet. Did throw low on a couple of slants, but the TV annoucers gave him credit for throwing the ball low to make sure his receiver was the only one able to catch it.

I haven't seen the game, but this summary wouldn't surprise me at all. I've said it before, I think Henson will be our best backup since Danny White in the 70's.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Riiiggghhhttt.:rolleyes:

Pretty much answered the question.

235-848-ATT00035.gif

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
bbgun said:
I'm archiving these pollyannish posts for when he's cut in August. And no, it will give me no satisfaction to see a third round pick wasted.

And what will you do if he's not cut?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I see. So you wouldn't admit that you were wrong about him being cut.

Honestly, I see nothing pollyannish about any of the posts putting Henson in a good light. It's not like these posts are declaring him as the future QB of the 'Boys or in the HOF. What I do see is excessive negative criticism hoping he fails or gets cut.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Sure is nice to see him playing this well, after that stinker last week... the difference, I think, lies in 3 key factors:

1) His coach is calling a more versatile and less predictable game... last week, it seemed like they ran the ball on EVERY first down...

2) The field last week was a mess, it not only hindered his receivers, but it probably hurt Drew's footwork too...

3) Drew just might have been nervous and uptight last week... if so, it does appear he's over it...

As I type this, Henson is 16 of 21 for 167 yards, just threw a NICE TD pass... his throws this week are on the money for the most part, a nice change from all those wild passes he threw last week... his QBR is 114.6... if his play the rest of the season can approach his play today, he might wind up changing the Cowboys' collective mind about his NFL potential...

The Fire is leading 19-0, and just recovered a fumble on the kickoff following Drew's TD pass...

I couldn't agree with you more.. Don't yall know that Lavar Arrington didn't sign with Jaxsonville Jaguars?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun said:
And I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who equates criticism or disappointment with "hate." He had a nice game in the NFL's version of Pop Warner. Whoop-dee-doo.

funny, it was, "Henson better do well in NFLE or else", but once he starts to do well, it's, "Henson is doing well in NFLE whoop-dee-doo" :jerk: tough crowd

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit said:
If by 'Cowboys' collective mind' you mean the opinions of a handful of skittish ninnies on a message board, you're right on target.

The Cowboys, on the other hand, have been saying they'll be patient in developing Henson from the get-go. Here's to hoping it continues to work and eventually pays big dividends.

:hammer:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
Honestly, AND I'M SAYING THIS AS A HENSON SUPPORTER, I don't know how ANY OF US CAN ACCURATELY JUDGE THE GUY RIGHT NOW. He just simply hasn't played.

how come it's just us Henson supporters who say we can't judge him accurately, while the haters judge him at will? crazy

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun said:
And I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who equates criticism or disappointment with "hate." He had a nice game in the NFL's version of Pop Warner. Whoop-dee-doo.

LOL... my, you ARE sensitive about being called on your relentless cynicism, aren't you??

Apparently, you think that snarling sarcasm marks you as a superior football mind...

You're wrong... if you wish to be seen as knowledgeable, the key is presenting a fair and balanced analysis... that means discussing the good as well as the bad...

And it wouldn't hurt to give Drew an "attaboy", if only because his succeeding over there might be to the Cowboys' benefit... note that even as I was handing out my own "attaboy", I stressed the importance of him repeating that level of play for the rest of the season... I also said quite bluntly after last week's game that if he couldn't raise his game significantly, he was toast with the Cowboys...

And you try to characterize that kind of reasoned, balanced opinion as some kind of homerism, which of course shows that you're not being interested in being fair and balanced at all... you just seem to want to spew bile in here, presumably because it's backing up on you from your real life...

How sad...

silverbear

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
From the looks of it, the field wasn't much better this week, heh.

I don't think it was near as bad as last week's was, but it's clear that they don't have NFL-caliber groundskeepers over there... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Idgit said:
If by 'Cowboys' collective mind' you mean the opinions of a handful of skittish ninnies on a message board, you're right on target.

Actually, I was talking about the brass out at Valley Ranch... what we on these message boards think won't have any impact at all on Drew's NFL future...

The Cowboys, on the other hand, have been saying they'll be patient in developing Henson from the get-go. Here's to hoping it continues to work and eventually pays big dividends.

I'm with ya, Idgit... if nothing else, it will make it more fun watching NFL Europe this year...

Sadly, it looks like Tom Crowder is playing himself out of a job, he has one catch for five yards in two games with Frankfurt... that won't cut it...

silverbear

Reaction score
5Stars said:
That will only work for so long...

What he needs to do, is dump that American girlfriend, find a nice little frauline, wash and shave her up, bring her home, and let her cook! :cool:

The girls I dated when I lived in Heidelberg all shaved... nary a mustache in the bunch... never did get around to sampling their cooking, though, I had other, more urgent priorities at the time... I can live on fast food, anyway... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
silverbear said:
1) last week, it seemed like they ran the ball on EVERY first down...
QUOTE]

the coach must've had a deal with BP to get Henson ready to run a BP offense:D

Now THAT'S funny!!

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I like it Silverbear. Nice to see some Cowboys fans sticking up for one of our own. I hope he keeps it up.

I'll stick up for 52 of the 53 men on the final roster this year, you can count on it...

I'll leave it up to you to guess who the 53rd is,,, ROTFLMAO...

silverbear

Reaction score
jay cee said:
I think for most people it depends on how they felt about the player in the 1st place.

If they wanted him to do well, they appreciate posts that show him in a good light. If they want him to poorly they appreciate posts that show him in a bad light.

This is true, I like Henson and hope he does well... in fact, I had to edit the original post, it was a little TOO confrontational, and I've recently been spoken to by one of our mods about my "in your face" approach...

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Where do you get that from? Noting his lack of progress is tantamount to wanting him to fail?

ROTFLMAO... you didn't "note his lack of progress", in response to my opening post praising him, you said:

Even a blind squirrel ...

That was the entirety of your post, and that does not constitute noting a lack of progress, that's nothing more than a rather juvenile insult with no substance to it whatsoever... you were going for the wiseguy take, I guess you thought we'd be impressed with your sarcasm...

And of course, your agenda in doing so was to p*ss on a thread that you found annoyingly positive...

silverbear

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I couldn't agree with you more.. Don't yall know that Lavar Arrington didn't sign with Jaxsonville Jaguars?

At least, we don't have any really substantial source to verify the rumor...

Maybe we should put in a call to KLBK... :lmao2: