Bad week to be a Henson critic...

blindzebra

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Part 1 of "Remedial life" will be aired at 9 tonight on the Discovery channel. Be sure to tune in.

I've forgotton more about football than you will ever know, such as I've forgotton what it's like to have ayoung, talented quarterback.

Since you've inherited the Nors thrown:

YAWN

Trouble is we haven't forgotten that 30 yard slant, Cunningham over Aikman, or Jim Brown not in your top 10.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

YAWN

Hey, anytime you want some more lessons on how many bad games Tony Romo has had in his career, feel free to ask "New Nors". :)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

YAWN

Trouble is we haven't forgotten that 30 yard slant, Cunningham over Aikman, or Jim Brown not in your top 10.

30 yard slant: Admitted brain fart

Cunningham over Aikman: Yes, Randall Cunningham was the better athlete and the better overall player. Troy Aikman had a better arm.

Jim Brown: Nope, nobody from his era can be placed in the top 10 all-time because comparing players from that era to todays steroid induced, freakish athlete isnt accurate nor fair to today's athletes.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Cunningham over Aikman: Yes, Randall Cunningham was the better athlete and the better overall player. Troy Aikman had a better arm.

Aikman was the better QB. That's all that matters.

Jim Brown: Nope, nobody from his era can be placed in the top 10 all-time because comparing players from that era to todays steroid induced, freakish athlete isnt accurate nor fair to today's athletes.

Irrelevant. You make comparisons that are relevant to their time. JB was a freak for his time. Kind of like Bo Jackson was a freak for his time (prior to his injury).

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Anyone who thinks either of those 2 things can't possibly expect to be taken seriously in a football discussion.

You're off to a good start as Nors' replacement.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Anyone who thinks either of those 2 things can't possibly expect to be taken seriously in a football discussion.

You're off to a good start as Nors' replacement.

Okay, give me something, anything, to prove that Randall Cunningham was not a better athlete than Troy Aikman.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Okay, give me something, anything, to prove that Randall Cunningham was not a better athlete than Troy Aikman.
Who cares which was a better athlete?

I would rather have a better QB than better athlete behind center.

Aikman > Cunningham.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Who's to say who the better "athlete" was...

Have you seen either guy play baseball? Bowl? Play tennis? Snow Ski? Play hoops? Water Ski? Play soccer?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n said:
1 td in two games at NFLE?

how is that supposed to quiet down critics?

Progress is what we are looking for...week one, he was as rusty as you'd expect...I believe this was only the 11th game that he's started since High School...

So was he better in week two than he was in week one?

You bet.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Have you seen either guy play baseball? Bowl? Play tennis? Snow Ski? Play hoops? Water Ski? Play soccer?

Nah, I've seen Cunningham run faster, jump higher, and pull more amzing moves to avoid pressure.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Nah, I've seen Cunningham run faster, jump higher, and pull more amzing moves to avoid pressure.

Good...that means he runs faster and jumps higher...

So he wins in running and jumping.

My point is, we can't call a guy a better athlete simply because he has more mobility.

An athlete is a rather all encompassing term...

Granted, I think Cunningham did some amazing things on a football field...but I still wouldn't call him a better "athlete".

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

No but I stayed in a Holliday Inn Express last night.....:lmao:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Good...that means he runs faster and jumps higher...

So he wins in running and jumping.

My point is, we can't call a guy a better athlete simply because he has more mobility.

An athlete is a rather all encompassing term...

Granted, I think Cunningham did some amazing things on a football field...but I still wouldn't call him a better "athlete".

A better athlete is who has better athletic ability. Running a 4.4 40 is an athletic ability. Jumping 40 inches is athletic ability. Throwing a ball 70 yards is not an athletic ability. Being smarter on the field is not an athletic ability.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
A better athlete is who has better athletic ability. Running a 4.4 40 is an athletic ability. Jumping 40 inches is athletic ability. Throwing a ball 70 yards is not an athletic ability. Being smarter on the field is not an athletic ability.

So, water skiing is not an athletic endeavor?

You've determined on your own what is an athletic event and what isn't.

My dad was a great athlete...he could do anything...hand him a ping pong paddle and he'd kick your butt at ping pong...hand him a basketball, and he shoot the tar out of it...put him on skis and he'd be an ace in no time...he was a natural athlete.

Running and jumping require ZERO coordination.

Im not impressed.