Bad week to be a Henson critic...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Aikman talked to Johnson at length about their feud and Johnson got him into tropical fish. Johnson tells the story every year man its not exactly a secret.

At the end of their rookie season's Jimster took a poll of all Cowboys assistants and asked which ones thought Aikman/Walsh should start. Only 2 said Aikman. Jerry Rhome and 1 other rumored to have been Dave Campo. Jimmy knew he had to get rid of one of them and the personnel dept wanted Aikman by a mile.

Bob Ackles was running personnel and threw such hissies over Walsh playing that Jerry was forced to give Jimmy more personnel control or risk losing him.

Aikman has stated many times he told Johnson to play him or to trade him.

In comes Norv Turner and well the rest is Super Bowl history. Thats also why Norv Turner is introducing Aikman and gets credit from Aikman as being the one responsible for directing his career and getting the team to the Super Bowl.

Jimmy did not want to draft Aikman, didn't really want Emmitt and had inherited the one guy he would have absolutely drafted, Irvin.

What did Jimmy have against Troy: "He had never won anything and Walsh had won for me at Miami." Thats a direct quote from Jimmy in his own autobiography.

I have no idea where you get this stuff at...you post it every few months, yet whenever I see Jimmy, Aikman or Leigh Steinberg TALK about this publicly they say NOTHING of the sort...

if you are quoitng from Jimmy's book you surely must have read some of it, and all of what you say about Aikman "demanding" a trade, Jimmy "not wanting" Aikman or "not wanting to draft" Aikman are totally untrue

unless you are somehow privvy to info that nobody else on the face of the world is, your just blindly speculating or reading stuff into something that was never there

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Aikman has stated many times he told Johnson to play him or to trade him.

In comes Norv Turner and well the rest is Super Bowl history. Thats also why Norv Turner is introducing Aikman and gets credit from Aikman as being the one responsible for directing his career and getting the team to the Super Bowl.

as for above, remind us again who got shipped out for the 1990 season, and who the starting QB was here...

Norv Turner arrived in 1991 and had nothing to do with helping Jimmy pick Aikman over Walsh

Aikman never sat on the pine behind Walsh...had Aikman not been injured as a rookie Walsh would have never played a down here in a regular season game

David

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Gonna disagree with you because he wasn't waived because of the drug problem.

Im not really into conspiracy theories. Carter liked cocaine and that more than any other reason was the cause of his downfall.

Carter showed flashes of being able to play at an high level. That game against San Fran, then a playoff team, was not a fluke.

There is no question in my mind that it was his inability to turn down rails when placed in front of him is what led him to regress.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Im not really into conspiracy theories. Carter liked cocaine and that more than any other reason was the cause of his downfall.

Carter showed flashes of being able to play at an high level. That game against San Fran, then a playoff team, was not a fluke.

There is no question in my mind that it was his inability to turn down rails when placed in front of him is what led him to regress.
You can believe what you want Fuzzy. No skin off my nose.

I'll go by some things I learned in March of 2004, a full 5 months before he was sent packing or had a relapse.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I'll go by some things I learned in March of 2004, a full 5 months before he was sent packing or had a relapse.

Come on Hos, share with us what you heard.

It was well known that Q had "problems" at Georgia, so it was really no surprise that he ultimately failed in Dallas.

What else did you hear?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Like I said conspiracy theories. So what is it that im supposed to believe? That you know something but you cant tell me? Please dont waste my time.

Really not to talk smack but you say you dont want unfounded claims that cant be substantiated posted on the site. This is no better.

If you cant say what it was that you 'learned,' then whats the point of even mentioning it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And on another note HH you are completely clueless. You keep on babbling about regressing and how we should cut ties because of it. Perhaps you should watch the games. Granted its only one game BUT:

1) Henson is showing accuracy. You can tell he is hitting his spots in the intermediate game as he is throwing low and away to the outside shoulder etc as the coverage dictates. Swing passes are hit in stride.

2) He is reacting we to pressure. He sesnes the pass rush collapsing the pocket is pump faking to slow it down a bit, rolling away from it, etc and still finding open receivers.

Really I think you should watch the guy play football before spouting off. If this is regressing Ill take it every day of the week. The point is he needs to see some live reaction and it appears that he is responding well.

What I really wish people would get is what is good for Henso, Romo, Bledsoe. Al Singleton et al is good for the Cowboys.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Like I said conspiracy theories. So what is it that im supposed to believe? That you know something but you cant tell me? Please dont waste my time.

Really not to talk smack but you say you dont want unfounded claims that cant be substantiated posted on the site. This is no better.

If you cant say what it was that you 'learned,' then whats the point of even mentioning it.

Hey, fuzzy, I'm pretty sure I know what Hostile is refering to...I got to read what was going down prior to Quincy Carter's demise...and like they say, "What happens in the locker room...stays in the locker room"!

And, it was not about drugs! That is all I will say...but, it is fact, not rumor! It is just something that should not, and most likely not, ever brought up again....! :cool:

QC made a bed that he could not even sleep in....it was that bad...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CaptainAmerica said:

It was well known that Q had "problems" at Georgia, so it was really no surprise that he ultimately failed in Dallas.

What else did you hear?

I don't think Hostile will ever reveal that information...it's really not worth it...

But, what Hostile claims, and if it is what I think it is...I know the same thing!

CaptainAmerica...it had nothing to do with drugs...it was a locker room incident...that's all.

So, just drop this subject....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

What else did you hear?

Fuzzy said:

I've shared it a couple of other times, so it's no big secret.

I got a tip in March 2004 that Q was going to be gone "unless he goes into TC and sets the world on fire." Not my words. The plan to use Testaverde was already in place (even though he was still Jets property) and I personally didn't like it. The Cowboys knew he'd be released. They were either going to go with him or Kurt Warner. Bill's familiarity with Vinny won out much to my chagrin.

I did tell this to a couple of posters, but I never shared it on the forum as a whole because I knew what the fallout would be. Go back and look at posts for August 2004 when Q was released. You'll find I was strangely quiet. When was I ever quiet about Q? Exactly, I wasn't.

Remember when he (Vinny) was signed, he was told he would "compete for the job." Why would they say that if Q was going to be the guy? Bledsoe was never told that he would compete for the job. That was just the language they used to not tip their hands.

The Cowboys felt they could not trust Q. I'm sorry, that's a fact they have stated repeatedly. It didn't have anything to do with drugs as they have repeatedly maintained. If anyone wants to believe the Cowboys are lying, please be my guest. I won't understand that, but to each his own.

Q had reverted to his actions of 2002 that led to his benching. In other words, hewas moody, demanding meetings with Jerry, etc. The same stuff JFE wrote about in October of 2002.

Bill Parcells did not even know Q had tested positive, and it was his call to release Q. Please look up the NFL rules if you doubt this. The owner is notified but forbidden to let the Head Coach know of the results. Again, that's just a fact.

People are free to believe whatever they want. If you want to believe Q was waived due to drugs, by all means believe it. That isn't the facts, but I can't prove it. No one can. Not even Jerry or Bill or Stephen combined. They could deny it was over drugs all day long at the top of their lungs and it wouldn't prove anything.

I can't remember if the arbitrator has ruled on this or not. Trust me when I say there will be no evidence the Cowboys waived him over drugs.

On his ill fated interview on the Hardline even Q himself said he wasn't released due to drug use. I found that funny because that is what his complaint against the Cowboys is based on, but that's what the man said.

The bottom line is, I am not trying to change Fuzzy's opinion on the matter. I just threw it out there for him and anyone else to consider. There it is, do with it what you will.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I agree.

We handled Carter and Hutch so poorly.
Neither guy should have taken a snap as a rookie. Not a single one.

No one needs more development time then guys who are raw and both guys were as raw as roadkill.

Too many teams think you can lose through a QBs development but you can't. The QB and the team get used to losing. They don't see the rewards for putting in the time and effort and ultimately stop doing it.

Sure it worked with Aikman but that was because it got turned around so quickly and when it was going bad Aikman was asking for a trade and Jimmy was seriously thinking of building around Steve Walsh for cripessake. Not only that but those first 2 years Aikman took hits that probably cost us at least one more Super Bowl run.

Thats why I like the way we are handling the kids now. I want them to succeed and all of us knew that Q wasn't succeeding as a rookie and neither was Hutch. Q was god awful, a total abomination and Hutch was almost as bad. Both guys ended up head cases lacking confidence in their own abilities.

Jerry ruined Carter and Coslet ruined Hutch. They sold the stock before it had matured and paid a huge penalty.

Agree with almost all of it. The only difference is Hutch wasn't "almost as bad" as Carter. He was worse then Carter. By a longshot.

As far as why Carter isn't here. Drugs isn't the only reason he's gone. But it is the biggest reason, IMO.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
Agree with almost all of it. The only difference is Hutch wasn't "almost as bad" as Carter. He was worse then Carter. By a longshot.

Agreed. Both had skills, and both wasted time on the diamond, but Q did lead us to the playoffs. Well, him and a very proficient defense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I've shared it a couple of other times, so it's no big secret.

I got a tip in March 2004 that Q was going to be gone "unless he goes into TC and sets the world on fire." Not my words. The plan to use Testaverde was already in place (even though he was still Jets property) and I personally didn't like it. The Cowboys knew he'd be released. They were either going to go with him or Kurt Warner. Bill's familiarity with Vinny won out much to my chagrin.

I did tell this to a couple of posters, but I never shared it on the forum as a whole because I knew what the fallout would be. Go back and look at posts for August 2004 when Q was released. You'll find I was strangely quiet. When was I ever quiet about Q? Exactly, I wasn't.

Remember when he (Vinny) was signed, he was told he would "compete for the job." Why would they say that if Q was going to be the guy? Bledsoe was never told that he would compete for the job. That was just the language they used to not tip their hands.

The Cowboys felt they could not trust Q. I'm sorry, that's a fact they have stated repeatedly. It didn't have anything to do with drugs as they have repeatedly maintained. If anyone wants to believe the Cowboys are lying, please be my guest. I won't understand that, but to each his own.

Q had reverted to his actions of 2002 that led to his benching. In other words, hewas moody, demanding meetings with Jerry, etc. The same stuff JFE wrote about in October of 2002.

Bill Parcells did not even know Q had tested positive, and it was his call to release Q. Please look up the NFL rules if you doubt this. The owner is notified but forbidden to let the Head Coach know of the results. Again, that's just a fact.

People are free to believe whatever they want. If you want to believe Q was waived due to drugs, by all means believe it. That isn't the facts, but I can't prove it. No one can. Not even Jerry or Bill or Stephen combined. They could deny it was over drugs all day long at the top of their lungs and it wouldn't prove anything.

I can't remember if the arbitrator has ruled on this or not. Trust me when I say there will be no evidence the Cowboys waived him over drugs.

On his ill fated interview on the Hardline even Q himself said he wasn't released due to drug use. I found that funny because that is what his complaint against the Cowboys is based on, but that's what the man said.

The bottom line is, I am not trying to change Fuzzy's opinion on the matter. I just threw it out there for him and anyone else to consider. There it is, do with it what you will.

I can go with that but you cannot tell me that a lot of that behaviour does not reek of drug use.

I dont know if youve ever been around serious cokeheads but moodiness is a definite sign. Meglomania is another. Really its immaterial; the guy had all the talent in the world and his attitude whther drug induced or not destroyed his career.

thats why I really look poorly on Carter. After that performance against a pretty good 49ers team, i was one of his biggest supporters. He let the franchise down whatever the reason.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
I can go with that but you cannot tell me that a lot of that behaviour does not reek of drug use.

I dont know if youve ever been around serious cokeheads but moodiness is a definite sign. Meglomania is another. Really its immaterial; the guy had all the talent in the world and his attitude whther drug induced or not destroyed his career.

thats why I really look poorly on Carter. After that performance against a pretty good 49ers team, i was one of his biggest supporters. He let the franchise down whatever the reason.
I agree with you Fuzzy, and yes it does. I have a brother who has been a slave to that one off and on for years.

I'm sure the team suspected he had relapsed at times. These rumors have dogged him since his Georgia days.

The bottom line is he was his own worst enemy, not the detractors in the media or message boards.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I agree with you Fuzzy, and yes it does. I have a brother who has been a slave to that one off and on for years.

I'm sure the team suspected he had relapsed at times. These rumors have dogged him since his Georgia days.

The bottom line is he was his own worst enemy, not the detractors in the media or message boards.

Hos,

I understand where you are coming from now. The guy was simply not cut out to be the leader of a professional football team.

I remember later that year hearing Jerry interviewed on the Westwood One radio broadcast of a Monday Night Football game we were playing. I forget exactly what he said, but I remember he basically said and he left the clear and unmistakeable impression that they had decided to go with Vinny and cut their ties with Q well before the failed drug test issue.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
17/24 against what? I went 20/24 in high school afgainst a very good football team????? Can the European league be that much better.....Henson sucks!

blindzebra

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Seriously, were you possibly absent the day they discussed "sarcasm" in 3rd grade english? Maybe the chicken pox?

I'd say someone missed a lot more than one day.

Remedial football 101 is in the article zone for anyone interested.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I'd say someone missed a lot more than one day.

Remedial football 101 is in the article zone for anyone interested.

Part 1 of "Remedial life" will be aired at 9 tonight on the Discovery channel. Be sure to tune in.

I've forgotton more about football than you will ever know, such as I've forgotton what it's like to have ayoung, talented quarterback.