Twitter: Baldinger: Receivers are running straight to defenders

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is extensive film breakdown on our routes and Dak’s opportunities. Check Akoye Media Cowboys on YouTube. They aren’t running routes like Baldy says. Guys are getting open.

I can assure you...Baldinger as a former lineman...with too many concussions...doesn’t know squat.
I can assure Baldinger knows much more and accurately about football than you, Akoye or any other YouTube armchair wannabe QB does.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The reason I'm a bit lighter on Dak currently is because of these receivers. I keep hearing on Cowboys radio that the receivers are getting open, and sure those guys get to see more angles of the game than I do.

But while watching the game and what videos I can? I just don't see it. I've deliberately tried to focus on such during replays, and I'm not seeing receivers getting open. They just seem content on running their routes. No instinctive effort to get open, if they're not open cause of the route given to them, then that's it

I mean sure, Dak misses some open receivers here and there. Sometimes his own mistakes, sometimes the pass rush has him missing opportunities. But it sure does seem that Dak continues to look at a bunch of covered receivers, over and over.
This! ^^^^

The haters know it, but they've got an agenda that they are going to continue spreading, even if film says otherwise.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They were playing well together in 2016. Really well down the stretch. Making huge plays.
But no, the second year QB is going through Struggles........ let’s cut his best receiver.
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

There's a little time distortion here. They were playing ok together in 2016. Worse in 2017. Dez was cut in 2018.

From 2015 to 2017, Dez did not play up to his contract. I don't even say produce up to his contract, because he's not in control of the balls that come to him. He didn't *play* up to his contract. After his first injury in 2015, he *never* looked like the player of 2014 again. The guy who got that big contract.

Verdict

Reaction score
Still don't understand why we don't do more rub routes. We seem to be about 5 years behind what everyone else does.

It would work. That's why we won't do it. Are you having a hard time keeping up young feller?

Verdict

Reaction score
There's a little time distortion here. They were playing ok together in 2016. Worse in 2017. Dez was cut in 2018.

From 2015 to 2017, Dez did not play up to his contract. I don't even say produce up to his contract, because he's not in control of the balls that come to him. He didn't *play* up to his contract. After his first injury in 2015, he *never* looked like the player of 2014 again. The guy who got that big contract.

That's correct. Dez was a waste of skin after he signed his second contract. Unfortunate but true.

Verdict

Reaction score
What's funny is in that video a streaking Zeke over the middle could have gone for like 20! Smh...........

Yeah. It's hilarious for him not to get the ball. A regular laugh riot.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
My biggest issue is this. Teams are clearly going to take away zeke. That means alot of one on one single high safety. There should be many more opportunities to throw the ball deep vs 1 on 1 coverage. We took a bunch of shots vs the giants early then went back to being conservative.

Why the hell can't we throw a deep ball? Worse that can happen is its a bad punt if the defenders Intercepts it. However there are other good things that can happen.

Is it dak? Is it garret? When linehan was with the lions all he did was take shots down the field.

Aven8

Reaction score
Boy i tell ya.. When its all said and done history is going to absolve Dez just like it did the many scapegoats that came before him.

I hear you, but it's so suspect that the dude hasn't gotten one job yet.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So, next year, we just get new WRs, right?

That will solve it all?

It better because that is probably the route they will go.

They have already set up the QB, head coach and offensive coordinator as blameless.

Just wait for it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"They're hard to watch, man. Really hard to watch."

That play looks ridiculous with no one underneath, and has Linehan ever heard of crossing routes?

Of course, had the pass been completed underneath then tackled short of the first down, some of you would've complained about "a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 9".

Regardless, I've seen high school coaches with better designs.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Albert Wilson of the Chiefs is the only player to average 4 yards of separation over a full season, and that's all because defenses had to worry about Kelce and Hill.
So you're saying having a legit #1 WR and stud TE actually is better for an offense? Shut yo mouth! I've been told that's false, just an old wives tale and all you need were a great scheme and jag receivers that can run a route. :rolleyes: