Baldinger's NFC East Report: First part is Dallas and Philly, also, is CD the best 88?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Is CeeDee the best 88 ever in Dallas? No. Not yet. Great year and a half which is nice. If he repeats as All-Pro with a healthy Jefferson and Chase doing their thing that's significant to me but as of now our last memory of Lamb was of him pouting on the sidelines early in a playoff game. Not trying to fire people up like you'd think Pearson or Irvin would do but pouting. Not a good legacy moment. The book is still open. Let's see how he follows it up being the clear "guy" for DCs to scheme against.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not trying to fire people up like you'd think Pearson or Irvin would do but pouting. Not a good legacy moment. The book is still open. Let's see how he follows it up being the clear "guy" for DCs to scheme against.
Yea, I don't think Ceedee has the temperament of an Irvin or Pearson. Those guys were great at not just beating up the competition but also ensuring that they were pushing their teammates. I look at Ceedee as more like the quiet type who does what is asked of him but isn't going to push back.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If being the best also includes being clutch in big moments....Absolutely NOT......Irvin and Pearson were way better and played big in the biggest moments in biggest games in their careers. We've already seen CD shrink in the big moments. So definitely NOT at this time. Gotta be click bait for Baldinger to be saying something like this, he should know better.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why can't players enjoy their own legacies without unnecessary comparisons? Pearson was Pearson. Irvin was Irvin. Bryant was Bryant. Are comparisons so necessary in order to attract more clicks? :facepalm: Let Lamb be who he is. A very good wide receiver still carving out his own footprint in the NFL and Dallas.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baldy must be auditioning for ESPN. His stupid comment is perfectly aligned with those idiots.

HanD

Reaction score
CD doesn't make the top 10 of Cowboys WRs yet. Gotta do it a lot longer to be considered.
he's top 10 cowboys wr all time for me. he's not yet on irvin, pearson level but he's on the TO, Dez, level imo. maybe i'm blanking on others which is why he isn't in your top 10.....