Baldinger's NFC East Report: First part is Dallas and Philly, also, is CD the best 88?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think they are just different types of players. They are both better in different areas. Stats is not a fair comparison.

CD has way more targets than Irvin.
you've stated in other threads..if there was no #22 then Irvin would've had much more bloated stats..

kskboys

Reaction score
Funny thing is there is no way those 70's teams were better..the 90's Cowboys lost because of interest not talent..those 70's teams were fighting for thier life against equal teams.
Pitt was a superior team.

kskboys

Reaction score
True and in my opinion he had the best Arm out of any QB the Cowboys have had..Roger was the best QB but Troy had the best arm. I'm also in the loop of saying Danny was a better QB than both Tony and Dak..
Not even close. Don Meredith. Absolute cannon. Holds unofficial record for pass completed w/ no YAC, 83 yds. That's 83 yds in the air, plus the dropback.

Pretty sure Morton also had a cannon. And Clint Longley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree completely w/ last sentence.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not even close. Don Meredith. Absolute cannon. Holds unofficial record for pass completed w/ no YAC, 83 yds. That's 83 yds in the air, plus the dropback.

Pretty sure Morton also had a cannon. And Clint Longley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree completely w/ last sentence.
Very difficult to compare different decades.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Why can't players enjoy their own legacies without unnecessary comparisons? Pearson was Pearson. Irvin was Irvin. Bryant was Bryant. Are comparisons so necessary in order to attract more clicks? :facepalm: Let Lamb be who he is. A very good wide receiver still carving out his own footprint in the NFL and Dallas.
I couldn't have said this better.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Here's more on that theory - Irvin lead the league in 1991 with over 1500 receiving yards. He did this while Emmitt Smith lead the league with over 1500 rushing yards. Also, a guy named Jerry Rice was in his prime with SF, and who didn't have a GOAT RB taking up a lot of the offensive plays.

Is there any other WR RB duo to both lead the league with over 1500 yards each the same year?
Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James did it in 1999.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Baldinger started his breakdown of the NFL upcoming season with the NFC East and the Cowboys and Eagles.

He also makes the statement that with no disrespect, Cee Dee is the best to ever wear #88 in Dallas.

CeeDee the best 88 ever? No.

Wake me when they have to change the rules to stop Ceedee from dominating the league.
Then he would be in the discussion with Irvin.

Still behind Pearson. 3 All Pros in the first 5 years.

Ceedee will probably end up better than Dez, but Romo to Dez was truly dominant in 2014. It was a case of "we're better than you, and you can't stop us". Well, the refs could stop them. Ceedee hasn't achieved that level of dominance yet. May not ever. But I expect his career to pass Dez's in the next couple of years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Very difficult to compare different decades.
83 yds. Take the dropback, and the ball was in the air around 90 yds.

Oh, and I wasn't the one who claimed Aikman had the strongest arm of any Cowboys QB. If one can't compare decades, then that statement should not be made!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Receiving yards should count for something when we compare productivity. Although we could probably correct and equalize some for today's passing game vs history.

It's like saying emmitts total rushing yards doesn't mean anything. It isn't the end all measure but it is part of the equation imo.
Not when comparing WRs directly. Think, man, wasn't that long ago that 1,000 yd receiving seasons were rare.

In today's NFL, Irvin would've caught 175 passes for 2,500 yds. He was that good.