Twitter: Baldy's breakdowns: "Who plays defense like this?"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is what Parsons was alluding to with people doing their own thing and not covering their lanes. Someone blew their assignment.
That may be partially correct, brother, but Dan Quinn's run-stopping attempted stunts totally blow. Who in their right mind stunts their big fat DTs around and away from simply clogging up the inside? Seriously? Looks like Marinelli calling our Defense once again.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Bring in Wade Phillips as consultant.

He can generate sacks/pressure without giving up 200 yards on ground.

And for Pete's sake, sign Ndamukong Suh already.
Bring back JG too. Get the whole never won anything band back. Good times.

ondaedg

Reaction score
It's only a few plays, but when you see them it's not hard to grasp why what Dallas did wasn't working.

This has been happening all season. On Fournette’s longest run against us he ran right through the gap that Trysten Hill had left because he was stunting to the outside of the DE. Fournette ran through the LOS untouched. And on several of Fournette’s off tackle runs our DEs not named DLaw had collapsed inside almost as if they were stunting allowing the Bucs to get to the LBers untouched. I think it was the Rams in the playoffs who had figured out a tell allowing them to know when our DL were stunting and to which gap. I can’t help but think that teams have figured this out again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This has been happening all season. On Fournette’s longest run against us he ran right through the gap that Trysten Hill had left because he was stunting to the outside of the DE. Fournette ran through the LOS untouched. And on several of Fournette’s off tackle runs our DEs not named DLaw had collapsed inside almost as if they were stunting allowing the Bucs to get to the LBers untouched. I think it was the Rams in the playoffs who had figured out a tell allowing them to know when our DL were stunting and to which gap. I can’t help but think that teams have figured this out again.
100% correct.

The problem is Dan Quinn's called stunts.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
It's a small sample size, but this looks more like scheme than personnel. "Who cares how many sacks you have" when teams can do this to you?

Good question. Dallas better find some answers, and soon.
Thanks for posting Jake.

I've been a critic of LVE for some time now, but this minute-long video shows some of what he's up against. Micah looked not better. Cannot expect these LB's to do their jobs with 330 lbs barreling down on them. They don't stand a chance.

It will be interesting to see how LVE does with his next team.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Fowler was supposed to stunt inside on that first play is all you can think, that's pathetic

The fact that we're seemingly always stunting is part of the problem. Yes it's effective when rushing the passer but as we see here it also leaves gaping alley ways for the running game.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Jake.

I've been a critic of LVE for some time now, but this minute-long video shows some of what he's up against. Micah looked not better. Cannot expect these LB's to do their jobs with 330 lbs barreling down on them. They don't stand a chance.

Ya it’s tough for LVE to take on pulling guards. But one of LVE’s issues is he takes longer to read the play which means he is still standing straight up while the RBs and OL are already moving. Can’t stack and shed flat footed. And frankly LVE has never been a thumper at the ILB position. We haven’t had a true physical ILB like that since Ro McClain.

jwitten82

Reaction score
It's a small sample size, but this looks more like scheme than personnel. "Who cares how many sacks you have" when teams can do this to you?

Good question. Dallas better find some answers, and soon.
Is it really a small sample size when the majority of teams have had success running against us?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Jake.

I've been silent about critiquing LVE, especially after noticing these horrible stunts called by Dan Quinn these past 2 seasons against the run. Glad Brian Baldinger brought this up to light.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Ya it’s tough for LVE to take on pulling guards. But one of LVE’s issues is he takes longer to read the play which means he is still standing straight up while the RBs and OL are already moving. Can’t stack and shed flat footed. And frankly LVE has never been a thumper at the ILB position. We haven’t had a true physical ILB like that since Ro McClain.
100% agree. He isn't instinctive. I loved watching Ro play, he was old school Butkus kinda guy, too bad he couldn't stay sober.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Can anyone also explain why our safties are never there to help on long throws? I see other teams who have three defenders knocking the ball away if you try and throw it 20+ yards downfield. Our guys are nowhere to be found. It’s been happening forever h rough multiple coaching changes and I’ve never understood it. Has to be a scheme issue.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I've been silent about critiquing LVE, especially after noticing these horrible stunts called by Dan Quinn these past 2 seasons against the run. Glad Brian Baldinger brought this up to light.
Off topic, but you and I show that people who don't agree can get along just fine.

You're known for your dislike of Romo and he's one of my favorite players of all time. Neither of us are right because we both just have opinions about him.

When you post something about Romo, I just choose not to respond. Very simple. Us having a difference of opinion doesn't make me want to hate you, all of us have our biases.

I think you're a knowledgeable fan and enjoy reading you posts. (non-Romo, lol)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Off topic, but you and I show that people who don't agree can get along just fine.

You're known for your dislike of Romo and he's one of my favorite players of all time. Neither of us are right because we both just have opinions about him.

When you post something about Romo, I just choose not to respond. Very simple. Us having a difference of opinion doesn't make me want to hate you, all of us have our biases.

I think you're a knowledgeable fan and enjoy reading you posts. (non-Romo, lol)
You're 100% correct brother!

I actually have always liked Romo...a lot! It's just since he's half Hispanic, I ride him harder than most. Just the way I was raised. We judge our own much more critically. I'll try to be more gentle on Tony, especially since I do like him.

Sorry for causing so much discomfort. My apologies.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Too much movement by the DTs. They need to get push, absorb blocks and clutter the space.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Jake.

He'll likely have an Anthony Hitchens type career. Solid dependable LB. Not spectacular.