Balloon Fight

joseephuss

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that these balloons are not alien‘s. Aliens have studied us and have want no part of this planet…they watch us for entertainment purposes.

These balloons are the very early beginnings of ww3…no doubt in my mind…
Earth is on the Route 66 of the intergalactic highway system. Most aliens use the faster, more direct interstate equivalent transportation routes while on their travels. Every now and then a few will take the old, outdated routes to view the sideshow that is Earth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You came to say "you know stuff" but can't discuss, why stay?
I came to say you don't know stuff and you continue to demonstrate your ignorance. It's obvious why you want me to go away.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Earth is on the Route 66 of the intergalactic highway system. Most aliens use the faster, more direct interstate equivalent transportation routes while on their travels. Every now and then a few will take the old, outdated routes to view the sideshow that is Earth.
Thats a great analogy…

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A word of advice...

If anyone ever notices:

A Husky running through the snow.

A guy chasing it with a rifle.

And he is screaming in Norwegian.

Don't shoot the guy.

Nuke that dog.

Literally.
If the guy's too stupid to realize his bullets are faster than his feet...or the Husky...shoot him too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Any aliens who decided to check us out would have to have originated within about 67 light years from us, because the first radio transmission was sent in 1897. That's assuming aliens would be limited to light speed...and also assuming they'd be capable of light speed. There aren't many star systems within that distance, and the odds of the ones that are being conducive to intelligent life are...well... astronomical.

I suppose it's possible someone was just passing by, exploring the Milky Way, and stumbled upon Earth at just the right time to catch us shortly after the industrial revolution, when things might be slightly interesting to them, but that seems unlikely, concerning the vast expanse of the galaxy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah. The pic was a scene taken from one of my most favorite films, John Carpenter's The Thing. I should not assume everyone recognizes trivia I know but I'm guilty of it. Too often in fact. My bad. :)
I've never seen the movie, but I've heard enough to assume the Husky was "possessed" by the Thing?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Any aliens who decided to check us out would have to have originated within about 67 light years from us, because the first radio transmission was sent in 1897. That's assuming aliens would be limited to light speed...and also assuming they'd be capable of light speed. There aren't many star systems within that distance, and the odds of the ones that are being conducive to intelligent life are...well... astronomical.

I suppose it's possible someone was just passing by, exploring the Milky Way, and stumbled upon Earth at just the right time to catch us shortly after the industrial revolution, when things might be slightly interesting to them, but that seems unlikely, concerning the vast expanse of the galaxy.
Actually the signal from the first radio transmissions would have reached well over 100 light years by now. Considering we are located out in the boonies of the Milky Way, the most likely scenario is someone passing by and heard it and was bored enough to look in.

and then the word got out that if you wanted free entertainment come on by and laugh at the humans

nobody

Reaction score

I think if aliens visited, it's more likely that they saw there was a habitable planet in the goldilocks zone with certain tell-tales in the atmosphere from spectral analysis and they visited periodically to check it out and happened across humanity one day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually the signal from the first radio transmissions would have reached well over 100 light years by now. Considering we are located out in the boonies of the Milky Way, the most likely scenario is someone passing by and heard it and was bored enough to look in.

and then the word got out that if you wanted free entertainment come on by and laugh at the humans
Yes, our signals would have reached 125 light years. But for someone to detect those early signals and return here at the same speed, they'd have to have been half that distance away.