Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Kyle Van Noy Grills NFL For Baffling Decision To Bail Out Dak Prescott

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He's 100% correct. Not to mention the ridiculous roughing the QB call, too.

In fairness, Lamb was interfered with on that same play, so it actually benefitted them. Had the DPI been called, we'd have gained about another 5-10 yards from where the pass was intended.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did the refs bail out Dak? If anything they bailed out Terence Steele because allowed his man to run right around him to hit Dak.
IIRC...you can see three empty handed linemen standing around dak. Our o line is embarrassingly ridiculous.

jwitten82

Reaction score
There’s none because there were no noticeable blatant missed calls against Dallas. You know like an illegal huddle or delay of game on a defensive lineman.

What you want people to start a thread about bad calls that finally went in our favor when the game was over ?

Use your head Witten. That would be really stupid and no one would do that. Just dumb. Kissing Marcus butt is cute though. He’ll be really happy.
Lol go to a ravens board and see what they think. All fans think the refs are against them

Cmac

Reaction score
Can't dispute bad calls by referees. And I ain't about to blame Dak for that. We caught a break.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Lol go to a ravens board and see what they think. All fans think the refs are against them
People think a lot of things. Try to look at the evidence and decide for your self if it’s possible refs overcompensate to not show favor to America’s most popular team—which clearly bothers many.

1. False start on long snapper to lose game
2. Illegal huddle
3. Delay of game on Dlaw
4. Multiple streaks with no holds over several seasons.
5. 3 of the 25 games with zero penalties we’ve been the opposition.
6. Multiple Tripping calls on all pro change the game.
7. Countless phantom calls or missed calls in key situations.
8. Dez catch and subsequent weird rule wording and changes.
9. Ref has to run 50 yards to spot ball before a stop clock spike
(I’m missing some others I bet)

Most of those have never happened (one time) to the vast majority of NFL teams. Yet, they’ve all happened to one. Keep telling yourself it’s all good as a way to cope. Or face the facts. Saying “everyone says it” is lazy

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
People think a lot of things. Try to look at the evidence and decide for your self if it’s possible refs overcompensate to not show favor to America’s most popular team—which clearly bothers many.

1. False start on long snapper to lose game
2. Illegal huddle
3. Delay of game on Dlaw
4. Multiple streaks with no holds over several seasons.
5. 3 of the 25 games with zero penalties we’ve been the opposition.
6. Multiple Tripping calls on all pro change the game.
7. Countless phantom calls or missed calls in key situations.
8. Dez catch and subsequent weird rule wording and changes.
(I’m missing some others I bet)

Most of those have never happened to the vast majority of NFL teams. Yet, they’ve all happened to one. Keep telling yourself it’s all good as a way to cope. Or face the facts. Saying “everyone says it” is lazy
And other fans will make a list of their bad calls.

JustChip

Reaction score
Officiating sucks in the NFL. It’s bad all over the league.
Yep. The non-interference call on the Bengals’ 2-point try was ridiculous. It wasn’t even borderline. The defender grabbed the receiver’s arm before the ball got there. And the official was right there watching it.

I get that it’s a fast game with split-second decisions, and sometimes the officials are screened out. But the easy solution is to make called and uncalled open to coaching challenge. I would increase the challenges to 3, but would be onboard with staying at 2, except eliminate the last 2 minute restriction.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep. The non-interference call on the Bengals’ 2-point try was ridiculous. It wasn’t even borderline. The defender grabbed the receiver’s arm before the ball got there. And the official was right there watching it.

I get that it’s a fast game with split-second decisions, and sometimes the officials are screened out. But the easy solution is to make called and uncalled open to coaching challenge. I would increase the challenges to 3, but would be onboard with staying at 2, except eliminate the last 2 minute restriction.

And allow, like with the CFL, ALL penalties to be reviewable. If NY sees a penalty like a PI, then it should be buzzed down to the ref to call it.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Looked like it was the ol empty hand to me, but I didn’t rewatch the “highlight” to confirm after it was all done

Brooksey

Reaction score
With 65% of the money on Baltimore giving 1.5..it looked like the refs (sponsored by Draft Kings.com) we're trying to give us the game.
If Diggs knocks down that 3rd and 6 pass and we get it back with 2 minutes, OMG.

Just kidding, but I never saw any team get penalized like that in the 4th quarter playing against us. I saw it happen to us many times

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't do "in the grasp" anymore? Not trying to argue or side with van noy...just curious.
It's another "subjective" call. I don't have a problem with them giving a player in the endzone a chance to avoid the safety. However, I have seen them call QB's down who were no where near horizontal to the ground. Like everything else, they need to be more consistent.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think they got that call wrong. He passed the ball to the offensive lineman, who wasn't in the endzone. It's illegal touching. Not a safety.

What's the rule on penalties in that situation? If the rule is the offending player has to be in the endzone, then it isn't a safety. If the rule is the QB has to be in the endzone, then it is a safety.