Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Kyle Van Noy Grills NFL For Baffling Decision To Bail Out Dak Prescott

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You don't even know what you're talking about.
He's actually quoting the rule. You're the one intentionally ignoring the grounding call by trying to argue that Dak was not down and thus threw a pass. You don't have to be down to get called for intentional grounding and the point of intentional grounding is you DID throw a pass to avoid a loss that clearly wasn't going to be completed to an eligible receiver. Dak and the Cowboys got away with one and the Cowboys benefit from the refs all the time if you aren't solely looking to claim to be victims of theirs to soften the blow of a loss.

Praxit

Reaction score
. I think the refs have cheated on the cowboys so much, they decided to look away on that play.

Adreme

Reaction score
Apparently it’s even dumber than I thought. The ref apparently said because a player caught it that it can’t be intentional grounding. Note that is NOT the rule. Also note he has been a ref for 14 years and doesn’t know the rules. That is disturbing levels of incompetence that should make one question if these people can do anything right.

Praxit

Reaction score
“What call”?

That was intentional grounding, as no eligible receiver was within the vicinity. When you do that in the end zone, it’s a safety.

The explanation that the OL caught it, thus its no intentional grounding is bogus, which is what Mike Pereira says. He says you disregard the touch.

..I guess we got bailed out for ONCE. ..lol..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So much for the fans that claim the officials are biased against the Cowboys and the league is out to get them. Lol

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
. I think the refs have cheated on the cowboys so much, they decided to look away on that play.
yeah they do us a solid in a game in which we are way behind and the posters here go, see we get the benefit all the time, then will forget when we get mysterious holding penalties whenever we get a big play, or others get away with DPI etc

Praxit

Reaction score
yeah they do us a solid in a game in which we are way behind and the posters here go, see we get the benefit all the time, then will forget when we get mysterious holding penalties whenever we get a big play, or others get away with DPI etc
...that comes with being Dallas fan. *shrugs* ...;).

Wangchung83

Reaction score
You don't even know what you're talking about.
lol, AC doesn’t even try to making a rational argument to all he facts list, just that he know more than you. Starting to think AC really didn’t play football as he claims or was the worst player in history. This isn’t a new set of rules, it’s a fact, it was a safety. You trying to defend you QB is getting ridiculous.lol.

leeblair

Reaction score
It's calls like that and the game last year vs the Lions that really show how rigged the games can be.
And if that was any other quarterback who pulled that stunt he would have been mercilessly grilled by the media.
If Dak played for any other team he would already be out of the NFL. The way Derrick Barnes whiffed on Dak on what should have been a safety but was instead a 92 yard touchdown pass shows that the NFL is not being honest with the fans.
I hope it catches up with them quick.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It's calls like that and the game last year vs the Lions that really show how rigged the games can be.
And if that was any other quarterback who pulled that stunt he would have been mercilessly grilled by the media.
If Dak played for any other team he would already be out of the NFL. The way Derrick Barnes whiffed on Dak on what should have been a safety but was instead a 92 yard touchdown pass shows that the NFL is not being honest with the fans.
I hope it catches up with them quick.
I figured someone would bring up the Lions' game even though Ogre tried to act like the smartest guy in the room and screwed himself.

You aren't seriously trying to argue Dak gets away with stuff other QBs don't, please tell me you aren't.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yea :facepalm: When it's Dallas it's a bail out. How about all those non holding calls- not called on Baltimore the whole game. Yet we talking "bailout" Let's talk holding...

leeblair

Reaction score
I figured someone would bring up the Lions' game even though Ogre tried to act like the smartest guy in the room and screwed himself.

You aren't seriously trying to argue Dak gets away with stuff other QBs don't, please tell me you aren't.
It was so obvious even you saw it. It's clear to everyone who watched it.
That's how bad it's gotten.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol, AC doesn’t even try to making a rational argument to all he facts list, just that he know more than you. Starting to think AC really didn’t play football as he claims or was the worst player in history. This isn’t a new set of rules, it’s a fact, it was a safety. You trying to defend you QB is getting ridiculous.lol.
You high school band players think you know more than professional NFL referees who also have play review teams who also agreed with them?

Beyond hilarious. More like mentally lost.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Ravens Hamilton made a tackle ripped off his Helmet screamed pounded his chest and made a cameo in a Marvel movie . No penalty . Van Noy has no memory of this .

:huh:
:hammer: .....Still amazes me even with all this technology...and big brother watching in NY....the league still can't get it right.

That should tell you everything you need to know.....lines have been drawn in the sand.....and if your not in the NFL's little fun club....you will never be in.

loublue22

Reaction score
The problem is that the lineman was standing directly in front of Dak, and given that he's ineligible, you can argue Dak was attempting to throw it to someone behind him who would be eligible. If this happened in the middle of the field, it would also be called illegal touching, because that's what it was.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The problem is that the lineman was standing directly in front of Dak, and given that he's ineligible, you can argue Dak was attempting to throw it to someone behind him who would be eligible. If this happened in the middle of the field, it would also be called illegal touching, because that's what it was.
There was no-one remotely close enough to be considered a possible eligible receiver.