Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What I hate most about just cutting Romo is that we are a team that skips free agency so the only place for us to acquire real talent is in the draft yet we don't want to trade our biggest trade asset in years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I hate most about just cutting Romo is that we are a team that skips free agency so the only place for us to acquire real talent is in the draft yet we don't want to trade our biggest trade asset in years.

No money to play at the table, but we throw in the $100 chip we did have as a tip for the waitress...
:facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Flip-flopping like a catfish, lol

Still smarting from your hero Romo getting kicked to the curb eh? LOL

Are you saying that your hero Romo isnt capable of winning it all?

That surely wasnt your opinion last year when you were crying for him to play.

risco

Reaction score
I am no Jerry hater. I honestly don't have the vitriol for him that some Cowboys fans have.

And while I don't think Stephen Jones is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I cannot wait until he has to put his father in a nursing home and this organization is no longer tied to the whims of Jerry.
Lmao

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm not implying anything. The circumstances with Romo are well known and well established. Are you "implying" that no team will sign him because of his injury issues?

Not 'no team', but I think there are teams out there that will not sign him because of his injury issue and they have practically zero game film on him over the past 18 months.

If they pass on a trade for Romo (or can't sign him), what are you looking at? Another wasted season before they can and will cut Osweiler, O'Brien likely fired (as was already rumored this year) because he couldn't win, and then starting over with a new search for quarterback and coaching staff.

At that point, does it really much matter whether they've paid Clowney, Hopkins, or whoever?

Signing Romo and seeing him get injured and being done for would be a bigger disaster than seeing Osweiler suck another season and releasing him.

A team like the Broncos have very little to lose by signing Romo because Lynch and Siemien are still cheap and they could much better absorb the hit if Romo gets injured. A team like the Texans really puts themselves in a bind if Romo is a bust.

YR

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Still smarting from your hero Romo getting kicked to the curb eh? LOL

Are you saying that your hero Romo isnt capable of winning it all?

That surely wasnt your opinion last year when you were crying for him to play.
It'll happen to them all Favre , manning , Montana . It's a business . You're a flip flopper though he's got you on that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not 'no team', but I think there are teams out there that will not sign him because of his injury issue and they have practically zero game film on him over the past 18 months.

Signing Romo and seeing him get injured and being done for would be a bigger disaster than seeing Osweiler suck another season and releasing him.

A team like the Broncos have very little to lose by signing Romo because Lynch and Siemien are still cheap and they could much better absorb the hit if Romo gets injured. A team like the Texans really puts themselves in a bind if Romo is a bust.

I think they're in that "bind" already with Osweiler.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It'll happen to them all Favre , manning , Montana . It's a business . You're a flip flopper though he's got you on that.

You nailed it. Its a business. Thats why you dont get personal and do Romo a favor and let him walk.

I would take Dak over Romo last year, now, and tomorrow. Nothing has changed there. The only thing that has changed is that guys like him having nothing left to do but accept that they got it all dead wrong and guys like me nailed it clean. :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At least Favre, both Mannings, Montana got it done in the SB. Romo has no "business" being with that list.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo threw much better balls last year than Dak on the field, despite not being 'healthy'. His arm was throwing darts that only Dak could dream of.

People acting like he has a fused vertebrae in his neck, with nerve issues that are leading to weakening arm strength.

The guy was overweight because he didn't exercise all off-season because of surgery and he slid, and he had no game speed, and the plus 259 guy who fell on him after catching up to him, did it when Romo was in a sitting position, on a slow and awkward slide, with a curved vertebrae, a very vulnerable position for anybody. Strong people get a hernia off lifting light weights because of a compromised position that has very little relation to 'muscles strength'...

This whole injury nonsense is way overblown..

People are worried Dak may get injured, but what happens if Zeke has to miss time...

khiladi

Reaction score
And Romo was not even close to a TO machine, the moment he got an actual OC with that OL in 2014... he was a TO machine when Garrett's offense and his play-calling was a one-trick pony that put all sorts of pressure on the arm of a QB..

Status
Not open for further replies.