Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how certain you are that Romo will not get re-injured. If he does...it's an utter disaster.

Where did I say that at all? Please quote me if you're going to make that false claim.

Two wrongs will make a horrible wrong and the Texans may take 5 years to recover from it if that happens.

They could cut both next year if they wanted to, and I think we can all see that Osweiler's release next year is a foregone conclusion. Trading for Romo requires zero in guarantees.

I think the team that should take him is the Cardinals, but they are still hitched to the Carson Palmer bandwagon.

I could see that too, but like you've said, they're stuck on Palmer. And I think he took a beating behind their line last year. Romo wouldn't last too long there either.

LittleD

Reaction score
I think it's a done deal that he's going to Denver. To get crushed behind that awful offensive line.

Houston will suck again because of Osweiler, fire their head coach, cut Osweiler in 2018, and be back to square one at the position and hiring a new coaching staff.

Bad endings all around.

If Jacksonville goes after Zeitler and Leary, they may have the OL to compete for Tony. They might also just spend the money on TWill to
give Tony another target. They might be better for Tony than Denver at this point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This would be an epic failure on Jerry Jones' part, and a big detriment to the Cowboys organization.

Jerry Jones blows it again. And this isnt just blowing on a opportunity cost basis for a draft pick. He is blowing the opportunity to choose where he goes. And with the Cowboys having the opportunity to play a role in contending the next several years, Jones has put that in jeopardy as well. How do you just let Romo walk when he can turn any QB starved playoff team into an instant contender?

At the end of the day, this was an emotional love kiss goodbye for Jones to his lover Romo. Pathetic. Completely pathetic.

On some level I hope Romo goes to Denver and wins it all. And even more hilarious would be for him to beat Jones and the Cowboys in a SB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jacksonville goes after Zeitler and Leary, they may have the OL to compete for Tony. They might also just spend the money on TWill to
give Tony another target. They might be better for Tony than Denver at this point.

It's a bet. You've got Jacksonville, I have Denver. No stakes, just something to look at to see which one of us, if either, ends up being right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones blows it again. And this isnt just blowing on a opportunity cost basis for a draft pick. He is blowing the opportunity to choose where he goes. And with the Cowboys having the opportunity to play a role in contending the next several years, Jones has put that in jeopardy as well. How do you just let Romo walk when he can turn any QB starved playoff team into an instant contender?

At the end of the day, this was an emotional love kiss goodbye for Jones to his lover Romo. Pathetic. Completely pathetic.

On some level I hope Romo goes to Denver and wins it all. And even more hilarious would be for him to beat Jones and the Cowboys in a SB.

You can afford to place relationships over business where the job you gave yourself - with no qualifications - requires no accountability.

And that's just what this clown did.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We aren't trading him to SF out of respect. I'm sure 12 teams would be interested if we just didn't care. Romo wants Houston or Denver and they know we're not going to trade him to a cheap team out of respect. Is it the right thing to do for the cowboys ? No. But it's the right thing to do for Romo.

Who cares about Romo? Most laughable thing I have EVER heard. You think Romo is just going to throw a pick to lose against us when we play his team just because he wants to be nice? Hes going to do everything he can to win it all and beat us. The moment he leaves the Cowboys he is the enemy.

Yah, why dont we help Romo win a SB somewhere else. LOL

You do realize that if he wins a SB that means that we dont right? For a contending team, letting Romo hand pick a great team to make better is nothing short of total stupidity.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the move, but.....

I saw Garrett the other night with "Mooch" and it came out during the conversation that Garrett has not talked to Romo since the season ended. That just blew me away.
And Garrett is a POS . Had a golden opportunity in the playoffs and he did not have this team ready to play ball. POS. His learning curve should've been over. Garrett's a freaking boy scout puppet.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
There is no way in hell he's going to Jacksonville. Come on, man. lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can afford to place relationships over business where the job you gave yourself - with no qualifications - requires no accountability.

And that's just what this clown did.

At the very least, he should have traded him to some non contender for a 7th round pick just to choose where he goes.

Jones and Garrett running the cowboys is nothing short of a sad comedy.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Some people think doing people right goes against "business". Sorry, but I can't fault Jerry for his position in this instance, and I don't think that's metaphysically how the world works. I think he looked at the situation holistically and made the best decision that he thought was right considering the circumstances. I think you do wrong to someone, depending upon the weight of the transgression, it comes back and negatively affects you down the line somewhere else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's rich after you argued incessantly last year that Romo was done.

Romo was done because Dak was the real deal. Warned many of you that Romo had played his last game with the Cowboys. You threw a tantrum.

And I would also not bet that Romo could play a full season. Doesnt mean he wont. Romo healthy can do lots of damage. But why would you even take a risk? Foolish to say the least on Jones part.

Give Romo a great defense, some weapons and a real head coach and some health luck and he could win it all. Ive always felt he could win it all. The odds are certainly getting worse and worse these days.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some people think doing people right goes against "business". Sorry, but I can't fault Jerry for his position in this instance, and I don't think that's metaphysically how the world works. I think he looked at the situation holistically and made the best decision that he thought was right considering the circumstances. I think you do wrong to someone, depending upon the weight of the transgression, it comes back and negatively affects you down the line somewhere else.

He made the best decision for Romo period. To say it was the best decision for the Cowboys is naive.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Where did I say that at all? Please quote me if you're going to make that false claim.

Your claim is that the Texans should take Romo because he's a proven quality QB.

But, Romo is only a proven quality QB if he is healthy.

You're implying that you have a high degree of confidence in his back because Romo is not a quality QB if his back is balky.

I can see why a team wouldn't be so eager to trade for him regardless of the leverage we have in the situation. Especially the Texans who will probably have to re-do Clowney's contract if he keeps playing this way, the same with DeAndre Hopkins, and have a defensive backfield that does need some work because it's a thin group and their best performer, Will Demps, is a 31 year old safety.

YR

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Romo was done because Dak was the real deal. Warned many of you that Romo had played his last game with the Cowboys. You threw a tantrum.

And I would also not bet that Romo could play a full season. Doesnt mean he wont. Romo healthy can do lots of damage. But why would you even take a risk? Foolish to say the least on Jones part.

Give Romo a great defense, some weapons and a real head coach and some health luck and he could win it all. Ive always felt he could win it all. The odds are certainly getting worse and worse these days.

Flip-flopping like a catfish, lol

Romo is 2-3 in the playoffs genius. He was one and done twice. And your confidence comes from where exactly?

Ah one of the cry babies. Romo has had 10 years and done squat. The kids a rookie and racking it up.

Romo is on the bench with a broken back. Nothing to even talk about with Romo.

Guy like you were laughing at me and Dak saying Romo would be playing by week #3. Not even close. Talk about being dead wrong. Just admit you were wrong about everything and lets move on.

Dreaming he can play in his prime and forgetting about all the horrible games, picks, up by 24 3 pick 2nd half performances is selective to say the least.

Says who? Romo was that way one time inconsistently. And he was also the turnover and sack machine. As much as he won games on his own, he lost them as well.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And Garrett is a POS . Had a golden opportunity in the playoffs and he did not have this team ready to play ball. POS. His learning curve should've been over. Garrett's a freaking boy scout puppet.

Tell us how you really feel. :laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your claim is that the Texans should take Romo because he's a proven quality QB.

He is. His numbers show that. If you want to claim otherwise, state your case.

But, Romo is only a proven quality QB if he is healthy.

There's ability and there's availability. If his availability wasn't an issue, he wouldn't be available.

You're implying that you have a high degree of confidence in his back because Romo is not a quality QB if his back is balky.

I'm not implying anything. The circumstances with Romo are well known and well established. Are you "implying" that no team will sign him because of his injury issues?

I can see why a team wouldn't be so eager to trade for him regardless of the leverage we have in the situation. Especially the Texans who will probably have to re-do Clowney's contract if he keeps playing this way, the same with DeAndre Hopkins, and have a defensive backfield that does need some work because it's a thin group and their best performer, Will Demps, is a 31 year old safety.

The Texans managed to make the playoffs and win with one arm tied behind their back thanks to Osweiler's incompetence. That arm being the arm of their passing game. And they still managed to hang tough with the Super Bowl champs. Who knows what they could have done with an actual quarterback?

The Texans have to make those financial decisions you've mentioned anyway. No team can keep everybody, and no team can keep everybody indefinitely, while you waste time trying to sort out the most important position in sports.

If they pass on a trade for Romo (or can't sign him), what are you looking at? Another wasted season before they can and will cut Osweiler, O'Brien likely fired (as was already rumored this year) because he couldn't win, and then starting over with a new search for quarterback and coaching staff.

At that point, does it really much matter whether they've paid Clowney, Hopkins, or whoever?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
If I am Romo, I go to Houston.

I don't think Denver is anywhere close to being a strong contender.

No OL. Rookie head coach.

Nothing attractive about Denver if I am looking to win soon.

Houston at least has a strong WR1, good defense and a dome.

Their OL is not good, but can be improved quickly.

Agree. Will pull for him to get it done with a SB win if we can't

Status
Not open for further replies.