Twitter: Barring a Strong Trade offer, Romo rumored to be released tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL, I quoted you!

You put up selective quotes out of context that had no bearing what so ever on my point. You spun it plain and simple.

Last year Romo was coming off a recent back injury and Dak was the better option current and future.

None of that has anything to do with a healthy Romo making someone a contender if put in the right situation.

So what it is exactly you are claiming I flip flopped on?

Case and point............I nailed Romo getting hurt again, I nailed Dak being a great young QB, and I nailed Romo never starting another game for Dallas. There is NOTHING I didnt nail when it comes to the QB situation.

For you to imply I didnt is laughable.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think they're in that "bind" already with Osweiler.

I agree. And that poor signing has made signing Romo prohibitive for them. Too much risk for their tastes.

From all signs, it appears that the Texans aren't even considering Romo, so that's why I think they find the idea of signing him too risky for their tastes.

YR

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. And that poor signing has made signing Romo prohibitive for them. Too much risk for their tastes.

From all signs, it appears that the Texans aren't even considering Romo, so that's why I think they find the idea of signing him too risky for their tastes.

YR

From the looks of things, you're absolutely right. But, in my opinion, I completely disagree with their thinking.

It frustrates me that they would throw away the opportunity with Romo and waste another season in futility. And I expect Romo to go to Denver and be quickly injured behind an awful offensive line, even if they do sign Ron Leary.

LittleD

Reaction score
There is no way in hell he's going to Jacksonville. Come on, man. lol

They have the cap to sign Tony with no adjustment to his current deal. They are making moves to improve their team and Tom
knows Romo will after all the games the Cowboys played the Giants. It's not that farfetched.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Run and gun QB's can be defensed... Just check out the Panther's season last year. Dak is the shiny new nickel but,
team films like the Giants two games against him make him beatable. We'll see how fast he picks up the nuances of the
game.

Sure he is beatable.. I don't expect the team to go 13-3 again. But he is a legit QB, he proved it last year. He was doubted all year and still shined. He also has a hell of an oline and running game that helps. I'm not worried about Dak.. but I am worried about our defensive being horrible.

LittleD

Reaction score

It's not a done deal only a projection and the point was that they would hit with an incentive deal. Jacksonville has the cap space to
sign Romo to a full contract with no incentives. Tom has a birds eye view of Tony since he played against him all those years
in New York. Jacksonville is not out of the equation quite yet. I agree with you that Denver is a strong competitor for his services but,
it may come down to who has the most money to spend and willing to spend it.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
They have the cap to sign Tony with no adjustment to his current deal. They are making moves to improve their team and Tom
knows Romo will after all the games the Cowboys played the Giants. It's not that farfetched.

Romo is going to Denver.. you can bank on that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Romo memories in pictures...

tony_romo_holder.jpg

1-romo-botched-field-goal-2006-playoffs-choke.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a done deal only a projection and the point was that they would hit with an incentive deal. Jacksonville has the cap space to
sign Romo to a full contract with no incentives. Tom has a birds eye view of Tony since he played against him all those years
in New York. Jacksonville is not out of the equation quite yet. I agree with you that Denver is a strong competitor for his services but,
it may come down to who has the most money to spend and willing to spend it.

We'll see. We can make a bet if you'd like?

LittleD

Reaction score
We'll see. We can make a bet if you'd like?

That would be foolish. Denver has been a primary landing spot for months. Jacksonville would be an "out of the blue"
signing if it does take place. I think the opportunity for competition for Tony is more than most think here. Houston is
the ideal place but, I don't know if they will get off their dufus' to even try hard.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be foolish. Denver has been a primary landing spot for months. Jacksonville would be an "out of the blue"
signing if it does take place. I think the opportunity for competition for Tony is more than most think here. Houston is
the ideal place but, I don't know if they will get off their dufus' to even try hard.

Houston looks to be screwing it up.

Next week they'll bring in Jay Cutler as their "answer".
:facepalm:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Amazing that some people still remember the quarterback Tony Romo based on a special teams play blunder as holder--something that would never happen if he wasn't asked to play another position besides QB--that he made 11 years ago.
:rolleyes:

Anyway...so long Tony and good luck.

The market is actually pretty weird for his situation. It might not be very smooth sailing.
Denver likes their young guys and wants them to develop and Houston has a monster albatross in the way.
Hoping for the best for him...but we'll see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
His time with us in a nutshell. So close but in the end crushing defeat.
Those were crushing loses... Jan 2007-Seahawks, Jan 2008-Giants, Jan 2015-Packers. Though we still lost to the Packers with Dak, it wasn't crushing and I feel way more hopeful for our future. Thank god we got through the crushing loss era.

Status
Not open for further replies.