Barry Church Reveals Jason Witten Was Deciding Factor for Dak Prescott to Take Over for Tony Romo

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So in other words, Dak won the total respect of his teammates rather than Romo lost it. No fault of Romo at all......just got caught in the middle of a perfect storm. But I do think we would have had a better chance of winning the playoff game with him and his experience.
When you're a beta its easy for Dak to take your spot so it was Romos fault.

TWOK11

Reaction score
An idiotic decision that cost them a Super Bowl trip
Dak threw for 302 yards and 3 TDs at 8 YPA in the 2016 playoff game. Romo wasn’t going to make a difference in that outcome. The game was lost because Garrett kicked two field goals on 4th and 1 with the best OL/RB in the league and our defense didn’t show up in the first half.

You should never lose a home playoff game scoring 30+ points

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Look at 4:40 and his Garrett comment. All you need to know about players on Garrett. That was why team didn‘t go further that year, not because of Romo or Dak.

That’s also the start of talented young players coming in droves, thank you Will McClay. Which is what led to the entire team being tight and not separating by offense and defense.

Stings hearing him talk about it. I thought it was a special team too that had crazy momentum and was destined for more than another Green Bay upset. Time to take GB out. I hope the 2023 team humiliates them.

erod

Reaction score
Dak threw for 302 yards and 3 TDs at 8 YPA in the 2016 playoff game. Romo wasn’t going to make a difference in that outcome. The game was lost because Garrett kicked two field goals on 4th and 1 with the best OL/RB in the league and our defense didn’t show up in the first half.

Then Green Bay, which was a HORRIBLE defensive team, was down 31-7 early the next playoff game. That said nothing.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Garrett ruined many careers. :banghead:

The more time goes on, the more I realize how bad it was. Usually a Coach looks better in retrospect.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Lol

Yea ignore getting down 21-3. This is why “stats lie”