Barry Church Reveals Jason Witten Was Deciding Factor for Dak Prescott to Take Over for Tony Romo

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I forget the scenario. Romo got hurt...Dak subbed in and played great. What point in the season was Romo fully healthy? Was it borderline healthy around Playoffs? Or was Romo healed quite a few weeks before Playoffs?

I remember Romo signing off on Dak with the "Its his team now" video from the sideline.

But...is there a World where, in the same situation, you tell the backup before hand "If you play God-Like and go undefeated the rest of the regular season...we are still putting Romo in if you get us to the Playoffs"

I get it...God-like performances would mean you stick with the hot hand. Dak(I am very Pro Dak btw) was not playing All World and nothing he was doing suggested he was Michael Jordan of QB's...but he was winning, producing and not turning ball over.

This might go against what psychology says is the smartest decision...but if I was Jerry...if Dak was not doing Michael Jordan things week in and week out, even if winning...I make sure Dak knows that I am going with the seasoned vet come Playoffs. And let him know that I am aware of his play and that come training camp he will have fair attempt to take Romo's job.

The locker room deciding the player is a conundrum to me here. Why? Because I use losing the locker room in a lot of arguments around here. Obviously Dak won over the locker room and Romo knew it.

Going with the hot hand is a thing. Being a seasoned, very smart vet is a thing too. Just a very interesting problem to fall into anyone's lap. Just seems like the Playoffs is for the vet unless you are playing MJ'ish.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I forget the scenario. Romo got hurt...Dak subbed in and played great. What point in the season was Romo fully healthy? Was it borderline healthy around Playoffs? Or was Romo healed quite a few weeks before Playoffs?

I remember Romo signing off on Dak with the "Its his team now" video from the sideline.

But...is there a World where, in the same situation, you tell the backup before hand "If you play God-Like and go undefeated the rest of the regular season...we are still putting Romo in if you get us to the Playoffs"

I get it...God-like performances would mean you stick with the hot hand. Dak(I am very Pro Dak btw) was not playing All World and nothing he was doing suggested he was Michael Jordan of QB's...but he was winning, producing and not turning ball over.

This might go against what psychology says is the smartest decision...but if I was Jerry...if Dak was not doing Michael Jordan things week in and week out, even if winning...I make sure Dak knows that I am going with the seasoned vet come Playoffs. And let him know that I am aware of his play and that come training camp he will have fair attempt to take Romo's job.

The locker room deciding the player is a conundrum to me here. Why? Because I use losing the locker room in a lot of arguments around here. Obviously Dak won over the locker room and Romo knew it.

Going with the hot hand is a thing. Being a seasoned, very smart vet is a thing too. Just a very interesting problem to fall into anyone's lap. Just seems like the Playoffs is for the vet unless you are playing MJ'ish.
Dak won like 9 out of 10 games so it was not advisable to upset the teams obvious offensive success by shoe hiring Romo when he kept getting injured. Inserting Romo was insane and he would have never been healthy to even play against the Packers. Plus Dak was on fire!

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dak won like 9 out of 10 games so it was not advisable to upset the teams obvious offensive success by shoe hiring Romo when he kept getting injured. Inserting Romo was insane and he would have never been healthy to even play against the Packers. Plus Dak was on fire!
I get what you are saying. I just think a more fluid rather than rigid approach usually makes sense in most areas of life.

Tell Dak you are going with the vet in Playoffs because Tony can read a defense very well and has experience in tough environments. Tell Tony you will bench him for the hot hand if momentum is eluding us. Inform the players how things will go.

Its about team and whats best for team. Not whats best for the QB position issue.

Maybe Im out of touch.

Gator88

Reaction score
Its a blur now but I thought he threw that earlier in the game. Either way, he played well enough to win and probably better than Romo would've.
:lmao:

Despite having the league's best offensive supporting cast, Dak's numbers were very comparable with the average opponent against GB on the road that year.

Romo would have easily surpassed that much like Matt Ryan did thr following week.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Romo lost 1 wild card game as a starter and it was the infamous fumbled snap game in his first year starting.

Dak has lost two wild card games now and he was the higher seed in both :lmao2:

Dude is the biggest choke artist QB in franchise history

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo lost 1 wild card game as a starter and it was the infamous fumbled snap game in his first year starting.

Dak has lost two wild card games now and he was the higher seed in both :lmao2:

Dude is the biggest choke artist QB in franchise history
Oh y'all pathetic so this is a "See we told you Dak sucks" type energy y'all on. Alright....let's go. I came on here to trash Dak but now I'm gonna have different energy lol.

Romo SUCKED. He was a career choker. Dak is too. So you should be use to rooting for chokers. Instead, you like your chokers to what have a pretty smile with dimples?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Take my L gracefully? How you a Cowboy fan and ain't pissed off?
Pivot

We are discussing you and your caping for Dak and crapping on Romo for no reason.

2-5 in the playoffs and 2 wild card losses. First QB to lose to a 7th seed.

Biggest choke artist in franchise history

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pivot

We are discussing you and your caping for Dak and crapping on Romo for no reason.

I'll stand on business Dak was bad today. HE was horrible. I thought he'd play better and he didn't. What else do you want me to say? You want me to have this blind love affair alf him like you do Romo? I said what it was with Dak. I only judge what eh shows and he was poor today. He choked. Just like Romo did his whole career. Why are you willing to notice Dak being a choke artist but not Romo?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pivot

Cowboys lose and not even 5 minutes later you call me out. That tells me all I need to now about your fandom but its all good let's go. Dak ***. Romo ***. What's up?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I'll stand on business Dak was bad today. HE was horrible. I thought he'd play better and he didn't. What else do you want me to say? You want me to have this blind love affair alf him like you do Romo? I said what it was with Dak. I only judge what eh shows and he was poor today. He choked. Just like Romo did his whole career. Why are you willing to notice Dak being a choke artist but not Romo?
Whether Romo was a choke artist or not was never the debate. It has always been Dak vs Romo. Whenever there was a debate on who was/is better, you Dak stanleys would always regurgitate the “hes a choke artist” nonsense.

Its hilarious though considering Dak is a bigger choke artist than Romo ever was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whether Romo was a choke artist or not was never the debate. It has always been Dak vs Romo. Whenever there was a debate on who was/is better, you Dak stanleys would always regurgitate the “hes a choke artist” nonsense.

Its hilarious though considering Dak is a bigger choke artist than Romo ever was.
Dak vs Romo? Well what the hell? They are literally the same exact quarterback lol. Arguing about who is the bigger choker is just stupid. It's like arguing what **** smells worse horse poop or dog poop. Like what are you doing here? Nobody outside of a Romosexual thinks anything of Romo.

exciter

Reaction score
Having Zeke in his prime helped Dak a lot....without him, Tony may have been back.
Romo had a compression fracture in his vertebrae… no one was going to put him on the field in anything that meant anything. There’s a reason no one even sniffed at signing him!