Barry Church Reveals Jason Witten Was Deciding Factor for Dak Prescott to Take Over for Tony Romo

mknight21

Reaction score
Dak had played well during the regular season, no question about that, but post season is a different monster. I would have met with both QBs to remind them of the opportunity we were facing and that we may need BOTH of them to get to the Super Bowl. We will deal with the controversy after the season but winning is all that matters now. Dak would have continued to start each playoff game as long as he played well. But once he started struggling due to lack of experience, I would have replaced him with Romo in a heartbeat. I said many times, that a healthy Romo was better than Dak but we couldn't trust his health past X number of games. But we only needed his health for one, two maybe three games in the playoff and that is the advantage Garret F___up IMO.
Dak didn’t struggle. He played really well

mknight21

Reaction score
Dallas wins 41-27.
No early red zone interception and no going down in that game big early vs th the 31st ranked defense. Dallas controls the game and the ball at home, and scores at will---like the rest of the league did all year. Atlanta scored 44 the following week in blowing that GB team out.
Romo had no turnovers against 2 far better defenses the last 2 games in the playoffs and he'd have none here either
Rodgers is not on the field as long, so one less TD.
Dallas wins easily...41-27
Ludicrous go watch the game Dak played good outside of one play

mknight21

Reaction score
This is exactly why I never understood Garret's decision to NOT play Romo once Dak started struggling in the Green Bay game. I mean Dak had his entire career in front of him. Just a huge missed opportunity.......
Dak didn’t struggle.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its not going to work (on me, anyway) if these threads are seemingly trying get more people that also like Romo to root against Dak.
I wont do it and never have
Have always pulled for and liked both, and still do.

But it sure seems like these threads are designed to try to make people hate Dak just because his fanboys can be so nasty.
Why else would anyone dig this revisionist history crap up.
Has nothing to do with our upcoming playoffs

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
common man? i'm as big a fan of romo as anyone, love him. but starting dak was the right call at the time. besides, romo was physically broken at the end. hopefully we rejoice in a win tomorrow and go forward!
Nah it wasnt the right call.

1. Romo was by far the better player

2. The team was tailor-made for him

3. Dak’s play slid late in the season which made it the perfect time to go back to Romo

4. Screw all this leadership nonsense the Dak stans are spewing. The decision was all based on superstition. Had the team started losing games earlier in the season, they wouldve wanted Romo back in.

5. Romo’s injuries were bad luck. He was breaking bones. Unless you think a 36 yo QB has osteoporosis, he was the 2023 version of Tyron.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Nah it wasnt the right call.

1. Romo was by far the better player

2. The team was tailor-made for him

3. Dak’s play slid late in the season which made it the perfect time to go back to Romo

4. Screw all this leadership nonsense the Dak stans are spewing. The decision was all based on superstition. Had the team started losing games earlier in the season, they wouldve wanted Romo back in.

5. Romo’s injuries were bad luck. He was breaking bones. Unless you think a 36 yo QB has osteoporosis, he was the 2023 version of Tyron.
Enjoy the win tomorrow :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You and othrrs coukdnt care less if he got hurt again. In fact you would have enjoyed it.

On the othrr hand....you didnt want romo looking too good either so youd rather have romo pulled than show what a vet qb could have done.
Why would I want Romo to get hurt? Stop being emotional and think….

Qcard

Reaction score
Who ever wins the next SB for Dallas will put the nails in Romo's coffin. Romo won't ever be mentioned again., no more than Weeden.
Agreed, and IF Prescott Era doesn't proceed beyond the Division Round, he'll suffer the same fate..

You won't see me on here trying to embellish Prescott career if we draft the Next "Dakota Prescott or CJ Stroud or Ewers" :lmao: :lmao:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It’s weird seeing you guys arguing the same points with each other as you did 8 years ago.

I have a feeling in another 8 years you’ll all still be just as dug in on your side, as you are now, reminding each other of things you said in 2015.
It keeps us young. lol