Battle Lines: more depth than ever at DT

rambo2

Reaction score
No worries at all when once again it won't be the defense's fault for losing.
I wont pretend to understand why you're ignoring last year's total offensive incompetence in the playoff loss other than being a Prescott family member but you can roll out Mazi, Vince Wilfork, Snacks Harrison, Siragusa and Adam's and any other 1 tech from past, present or future if the offense still can't score because of a poor decision making playoff choker QB. It wont matter what 1 tech you got on defense. Period.

BUT wait ...
IF the dee can pitch an absolute shutout and we get a kicker with a 60 yard leg you just maybe onto something.
They very well might not lose in the playoffs this go around. We will have to wait and see. Landry lost in the playoffs 5 consecutive years before winning it all. It happens.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Remember the Minny Vikings D , which made Romo to run for his life in that playoff game , the Williams brothers in the middle and Jared Allen and co. Pinning thier ears back.

I remember those 2 big Williams boys. It was a tough day for the boys.

Big_D

Reaction score
No worries at all when once again it won't be the defense's fault for losing.
I wont pretend to understand why you're ignoring last year's total offensive incompetence in the playoff loss other than being a Prescott family member but you can roll out Mazi, Vince Wilfork, Snacks Harrison, Siragusa and Adam's and any other 1 tech from past, present or future if the offense still can't score because of a poor decision making playoff choker QB. It wont matter what 1 tech you got on defense. Period.

BUT wait ...
IF the dee can pitch an absolute shutout and we get a kicker with a 60 yard leg you just maybe onto something.
lol you’re the one ignoring the facts and just blaming one side of the ball or pretending the interior D line wasn’t a problem all season. I already said the offense has to get better and the D also has to improve. It’s really not that difficult. Dak sucked in the playoff game but it wasn’t the only problem.

75boyz

Reaction score
lol you’re the one ignoring the facts and just blaming one side of the ball or pretending the interior D line wasn’t a problem all season. I already said the offense has to get better and the D also has to improve. It’s really not that difficult. Dak sucked in the playoff game but it wasn’t the only problem.
This aint rocket science man.
The end game here is simple.
A 1 technique defensive tackle will "NEVER" impact a team's success as much as a QB.
End of discussion.
Will he possibly help the run defense and free up LBs?
YES.

Does he have absolute control over every offensive snap that determines points like a QB?
NO.

Case closed.
Even more simple if all of the above didn't register.
Swap out quarterbacks and keep that same Dallas defense and Dallas wins that game.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Know why more teams didn't use the flex defense during the Landry era? Landry was the only person able to actually teach it to his players back when Doomsday was created.

Charles Haley during Johnson's head coaching time, reacted similarly to what Parsons attempts right now. Haley knew exactly what every single player on both sides of the ball, was doing and the looks for change. He was committed to beating all opposing team's strengths. He is available to Parsons, Haley is the very mind that he should be picking to gain final edge dominance and team leadership.

Parsons has talked about taking a different approach in 2023, de-emphasizing any focus on sacks while just trying to be "dominant.'' But in this visit with Fox News Digital, he went another direction.

"Same mission: Be the best player in the league, have the best impact in the league," he said of his goals. "Show people I am who I am and make a statement this year."

And the way to make that statement? Make 2023 the Cowboys' year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...wl-predicts-parsons-philadelphia-eagles-rival

ESisback

Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/battle-lines-more-depth-than-ever-at-def-tackle

Biggest Question: Is this run defense better? That's the question going into the season and even though it was addressed by the pick of Mazi Smith, we won't really know what happens until Week 1 against the Giants, who have one of the NFL's best backs in Saquon Barkley.

Thing is, I don't recall Barkley ever having a lot of success against us, no matter our DT's.

Mazi will be the key as to how well the run defense improves and how quick he picks everything up.
IMHO, our DT’s will be tested most by teams with power backs that run primarily between the tackles.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Know why more teams didn't use the flex defense during the Landry era? Landry was the only person able to actually teach it to his players back when Doomsday was created.

Charles Haley during Johnson's head coaching time, reacted similarly to what Parsons attempts right now. Haley knew exactly what every single player on both sides of the ball, was doing and the looks for change. He was committed to beating all opposing team's strengths. He is available to Parsons, Haley is the very mind that he should be picking to gain final edge dominance and team leadership.

Parsons has talked about taking a different approach in 2023, de-emphasizing any focus on sacks while just trying to be "dominant.'' But in this visit with Fox News Digital, he went another direction.

"Same mission: Be the best player in the league, have the best impact in the league," he said of his goals. "Show people I am who I am and make a statement this year."

And the way to make that statement? Make 2023 the Cowboys' year.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...wl-predicts-parsons-philadelphia-eagles-rival
First year press conference. Parsons: 'I'm a see ball...get ball - player. A pep squad type guy...:)