BCS Championship Game: 1 Auburn vs. 2 Oregon

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
peplaw06;3795682 said:
You just said these were the two best teams, no questions asked. Sounds like you know definitively that TCU can't beat them. And they're undefeated too. How is it no questions asked?

These are definitely not the two best teams. Their products of a total waste of time college system.

This kind of football sux IMO, if the pros ever start playing this style of football I'll find something else to do on Sundays

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795683 said:
Look at it any way you want. The two best teams are playing in this game.
And I agree. Anything can happen.

Might be your opinion, but in a true playoff system neither of these teams would be in this game.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795686 said:
That's because they are. Their 1 and 2 for a reason. And where the **** did I say TCU can't beat them? Because I said their the two best teams? Makes tons of sense. Based on that logic, no way Seattle could have beaten New Orleans.

By your logic, New England and Atlanta should play tomorrow. Your logic makes no sense

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
CATCH17;3795646 said:
How is this game not entertaining you guys?

As far as it being a little sloppy... Well that's what happens When you don't play for over a month.

A lot of hate in this thread. This is a good game and going back 10 years most national championship games are sloppy because of the layoff.

I do agree that the NCAA should implement a playoff system.

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3795695 said:
By your logic, New England and Atlanta should play tomorrow. Your logic makes no sense

Lmao no it's not. It's actually nothing like that. If the NFL used the college system, then yeah they should. But they use a playoff system.

Your logic makes no sense. Your saying a playoff guarantees the best team wins. So do you actually think the Giants were better then the Patriots in 07/08?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
adbutcher;3795699 said:
A lot of hate in this thread. This is a good game and going back 10 years most national championship games are sloppy because of the layoff.

I do agree that the NCAA should implement a playoff system.

I couldnt care less for either team, but I hate this style of play. I cant stand these gimmicky spread offenses.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
fairley just looks like a type of player pittsburge love on defense. In the mold of Porter and harrison and even woodley type of toughness not going to take nothing from no one and even bully people alittle....but he can't do that in the nfl he might get suspended.
as I type fairley with a sack....boy was he moving.

anava

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795705 said:
Lmao no it's not. It's actually nothing like that. If the NFL used the college system, then yeah they should. But they use a playoff system.

Your logic makes no sense. Your saying a playoff guarantees the best team wins. So do you actually think the Giants were better then the Patriots in 07/08?

But in his scenario at least the best team had a chance to win it. We will never know if TCU was the better team.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
dbair1967;3795707 said:
I couldnt care less for either team, but I hate this style of play. I cant stand these gimmicky spread offenses.

me either but they work in college for some reason and do not work in the NFL:confused:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jblaze2004;3795708 said:
fairley just looks like a type of player pittsburge love on defense. In the mold of Porter and harrison and even woodley type of toughness not going to take nothing from no one and even bully people alittle....but he can't do that in the nfl he might get suspended.
as I type fairley with a sack....boy was he moving.

I like the guy. :D He's a BEAST in this game so far. Gimme him all day!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dbair1967;3795707 said:

Yeah. Watching two option teams kinda kills it for me.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Hold's like that from number 79 would anger me if I was an Oregon fan or Oregon coach.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3795691 said:
Ok..I didn't catch that one..wonder why the field is so slippery. Even for the Fiesta Bowl?

It was slippery for our game on Christmas as well. It has to be the style of grass they are using.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3795715 said:
Yeah. Watching two option teams kinda kills it for me.

Oregon's moreso than Auburn. The Oregon team is ALL gimmick and getting nothing down the field to the 2nd level.

Can't stand the HC of Oregon also. What an A##. Going for 2 on the 1st score?

Really?

Probably just fired that Auburn team up is all it did. Did you see AU #'s in the 2nd qtr? :D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jblaze2004;3795712 said:
me either but they work in college for some reason and do not work in the NFL:confused:

Defenses in the NFL are smarter, players are bigger with far more speed.

Reaction score
anava;3795709 said:
But in his scenario at least the best team had a chance to win it. We will never know if TCU was the better team.

This is true I guess. No we won't. All we know is Auburn is one and Oregon is two. Therefore they are the two best teams.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795705 said:

your basing your entire argument on these two teams being the best. TCU has a very legit argument.

Anyways, the best team is the one that wins. So yes, on that Superbowl Sunday the Gnats were the best team and they took home the trophy. No computers, no voting, football played in a real game for a real championship.

you do realize that this is not even a real NCAA championship game? Right?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795724 said:
This is true I guess. No we won't. All we know is Auburn is one and Oregon is two. Therefore they are the two best teams.

:laugh2:

OK. A computer said they are the best so you buy that.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score

if they are TRULY 1 and 2 that would be OK, but the system that named them 1 and 2 is flawed.....

Hoofbite

Reaction score

No. Being top dog in a flawed system proves nothing.