BCS Championship Game: 1 Auburn vs. 2 Oregon

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dadymat;3795735 said:
if they are TRULY 1 and 2 that would be OK, but the system that named them 1 and 2 is flawed.....

No offense but this is such a silly argument. Nothing against TCU but even the TCU fans understand the cinderella dance of a conference they play in. That is the PROBLEM for TCU.

The horse is dead btw.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Anyone trying to compare this game to ANY of the NFL playoff games is nuts, the NFL games were much much more exciting.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
MonsterD;3795739 said:
Anyone trying to compare this game to ANY of the NFL playoff games is nuts, the NFL games were much much more exciting.

By far the NFL is better. The ratings and attendance for bowl games are dropping. People are getting tired of this exhibition season.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Desperation showing up for Oregon. I guess when you know you can't do anything against the AU D you have to go CRAZY playcaller mode.

It's working though. I wonder what ESPN will say when it backfires. Right now they are GLOWING about this GUTZY calls by Oregon. :D

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795724 said:
This is true I guess. No we won't. All we know is Auburn is one and Oregon is two. Therefore they are the two best teams.

So 1984 BYU was truly the best team in the country just because they were undefeated?

They beat such stalwarts as Baylor, Tulsa, Hawaii, Colorado State, Wyoming, UTEP, San Diego State, Utah, Utah State... then beat a then 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl... yes... the Holiday Bowl determined the National Champion...

There is no excuse not to have a playoff... until then, the champion is determined by bias in the rankings...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
This AU defense is playing LIGHTS OUT and the Ducks know it. Wow

What a stand by AU

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You can't run a shotgun on 4th and goal from the 1/2-yard line. I'm sorry.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3795686 said:
That's because they are. Their 1 and 2 for a reason. And where the **** did I say TCU can't beat them? Because I said their the two best teams? Makes tons of sense. Based on that logic, no way Seattle could have beaten New Orleans.
lol. Glad you see things my way. Just I'm not the one who definitively said that these were the two best teams, "no questions asked."

You may think they're the two best teams, but it's not certain. I don't care how many times you say it's so.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Dallas;3795750 said:
This AU defense is playing LIGHTS OUT and the Ducks know it. Wow

What a stand by AU

I wouldn't say lights out... they are giving up big plays, but it was a good goal line stand...

Unfortunately this is a very sloppy game... hopefully we have a good finish...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3795741 said:
By far the NFL is better. The ratings and attendance for bowl games are dropping. People are getting tired of this exhibition season.

Are they really? That's good to hear. The Million Bowl Season is a joke except for two or three games.

And I'm with David on the offenses. I get Oregon, because they're tiny and fast and they almost have to use deception. IMO Auburn should be able to overpower this team, but they don't have an O designed to do that.

I bet Nick Saban is sitting up there thinking he'd love a shot at Oregon with his straight ahead pro style offense.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
StylisticS;3795751 said:
how did Oregon go undefeated with that terrible offensive line?

But the are #2 and one of the two best teams in the country. The BCS computer says so.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
5 in a row....

SEC

SEC

SEC

The Pac 10 and Big 10 better go back to the drawing board.

LOL!

It will not be long, and they will try to raid the Big 12, again.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
casmith07;3795754 said:
You can't run a shotgun on 4th and goal from the 1/2-yard line. I'm sorry.

this is why I think spread offenses suck...I wish they'd hurry and go away