FEATURED Be a Cowboys fan (within the rules) the way you want

nobody

Reaction score
I did not misunderstand you I just don’t agree with it. You’re blaming pro Cowboy fans and homers for the posters on the site who have no intentions but to rile members up. None at all.
I think with several people you accuse of wanting to rile people up you're mistaken. You're mistakingly attributing invalid motivations because it's how you perceive what they are doing. Some are just passionately expressing their disbelief and stating it, just as the people who are passionately displaying their belief. It's not to incite but to express. However the line is crossed when it turns to name-calling, insults, personal attacks... and yes, calling someone a hater for stating their belief IS a personal attack and people get away with it all the time.

Are there some intentional inciters? Sure...on BOTH sides. But most? They're just passionate about their stance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think with several people you accuse of wanting to rile people up you're mistaken. You're mistakingly attributing invalid motivations because it's how you perceive what they are doing. Some are just passionately expressing their disbelief and stating it, just as the people who are passionately displaying their belief. It's not to incite but to express. However the line is crossed when it turns to name-calling, insults, personal attacks... and yes, calling someone a hater for stating their belief IS a personal attack and people get away with it all the time.

Are there some intentional inciters? Sure...on BOTH sides. But most? They're just passionate about their stance.
Understand though the people I’m talking about that try to rile people up are the ones who do the name calling and make the “Dak sucks” without burning to back the claim up. There are people who literally go out of their way to rile these guys up and it’s mutual. They do the same. Both sides do it.

If all you do is say someone sucks like a child then if someone calls you a hater you can’t be shocked or surprised. There are plenty of people on this site I don’t agree with but we can be civil about it because they aren’t trolls. They are here to talk football.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
vQYHOWz.png

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think you’re missing the basic human nature part. It’s never as simple as this. This division has started long before now and it’s not always the “homer” who fire the first shot. This is actually a big part of the issue. Pushing blame at the other without looking in the mirror first.
Actually it is. At least when it comes to firing shots at other users. The so called "haters" fire at the organization or individual players. When has a critic just fired at another user over nothing? Dak sucks. So now wait for it...

THIS then created a response from the "haters" because they won't just let them be called bad fans or to go find another team.

I'm a Cowboys fan. Yet Dak sucks and this organization sucks at the moment. Regular season wins mean absolutely nothing to me anymore until they start a rebuild. Yet I'd never go follow another team. I'll wait until this team does something amazing again. And I got more time than Jerry. I will care about reg season wins and stats again when a young overhauled team is trying to get back to the top. Whether it's 4 wins or 10+, I'll celebrate them. But not this same ol same ol for almost 30 friggin years.

Yet I wouldn't just attack another fan out of the blue. All the homers have the right to be homers. But if they think engaging me with insults or "true fandom" I'll also call them names and what not. I'd never strike first but I'm no pacifist. Screw them if they can't accept different opinions.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually it is. At least when it comes to firing shots at other users. The so called "haters" fire at the organization or individual players. When has a critic just fired at another user over nothing? Dak sucks. So now wait for it...

THIS then created a response from the "haters" because they won't just let them be called bad fans or to go find another team.

I'm a Cowboys fan. Yet Dak sucks and this organization sucks at the moment. Regular season wins mean absolutely nothing to me anymore until they start a rebuild. Yet I'd never go follow another team. I'll wait until this team does something amazing again. And I got more time than Jerry. I will care about reg season wins and stats again when a young overhauled team is trying to get back to the top. Whether it's 4 wins or 10+, I'll celebrate them. But not this same ol same ol for almost 30 friggin years.

Yet I wouldn't just attack another fan out of the blue. All the homers have the right to be homers. But if they think engaging me with insults or "true fandom" I'll also call them names and what not. I'd never strike first but I'm no pacifist. Screw them if they can't accept different opinions.
I don’t know how serious you expect discussions to saying “Dak sucks”.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah but to either how can someone say what a hater or troll is? It’s a subjective opinion to begin with. And where does it end when we start banning words because we don’t like them?
pretty easy to see when someone is just using them without reasonable grounds to do so

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are only a handful of who throw those words around like popcorn. I'll leave it to everyone to decide which way they lean.
And what about those that use terms like “Slobberers”, “homers”, and “Dak over Dallas”…..you see what they bring as well right?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no expectations at all. Just stop telling people to go to another team. This ain't football university. Just ignore the posts you can't work with

Dak sucks.
So you can say Dak sucks but you have issues with people telling you to go find another team?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So you can say Dak sucks but you have issues with people telling you to go find another team?
Saying Dak sucks is about Dak, aka team related, aka the reason the forum exists.

Go find another team, is about the poster, aka irrelevant to the team and completely unrelated to the purpose of the forum.

It really is just that simple.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Saying Dak sucks is about Dak, aka team related, aka the reason the forum exists.

Go find another team, is about the poster, aka irrelevant to the team and completely unrelated to the purpose of the forum.

It really is just that simple.
Go find another team is in the same vein as Dak sucks. It’s the intent not the message.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PR King baby.
Once his eyes saw the girl in the wheelchair he was on it like white on rice.
Like I've always said............All Sauce and No Steak that Presfraud of ours!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Go find another team is in the same vein as Dak sucks. It’s the intent not the message.
You are saying that a negative opinion of Dak very simply expressed triggers you to respond against the poster and not the post.

You don't have the power to assume intent. The fact that you assume intent the way you do is telling of your natural inclination to choose war.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are saying that a negative opinion of Dak very simply expressed triggers you to respond against the poster and not the post.

You don't have the power to assume intent. The fact that you assume intent the way you do is telling of your natural inclination to choose war.
Thinking Dak sucks is fine. If that’s all you contribute then yes that person is contributing to the war. It’s the intent not the message. Example….

If I come on here and say Romo sucks. The intent is to rile members up which contributes to this “war” we are talking about. You don’t have the power to assume intent but you have the power to assume…

It’s cool. If you don’t see the issues with both sides I can’t help you see it. Just keep complaining and doing what you’re doing. It’s going so well.