FEATURED Be a Cowboys fan (within the rules) the way you want

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're ignoring a few facts and some basic human nature. It is a fact that it is the homers which are most always the ones to fire the first shots at the haters. They are the ones that make it about the poster and not the post.

It is naive and unrealistic to think that behavior is not going to generate a response in kind.

Go in to pretty much any biker bar on the planet and if you look you will find a sign somewhere that says, paraphrasing a bit to not break rules, "Don't want no crap, Don't start no crap."

Egos drive the strife.
I think you’re missing the basic human nature part. It’s never as simple as this. This division has started long before now and it’s not always the “homer” who fire the first shot. This is actually a big part of the issue. Pushing blame at the other without looking in the mirror first.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Case in point.
Dig into why he made that statement.

What I mean is yes you have two sides of the coin. The lovers and the haters. What is a hater exactly? Someone who try’s to rile up certain members of this site. With no stats or facts. Just sarcasm and hyperbole. Then you have the lovers who….well love the Cowboys to the point of insulting others to defend their fandom.

Brax

Reaction score
Just like the Cowboys in 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, and 1976. I guess that they go in your book too.
Yeah all those CCGs and SB appearances that are just like the last 28 years and so similar to the last 8 seasons, I guess I missed those deep playoff runs, I must have been in the islands on vacation at those times. Don’t expect to win every year but to compare the last 8 seasons with good teams to those you mentioned says it all, glad you feel so good about it and are happy with embarrassing results and believing Jerry, Dak and MM are going to fix it, be happy with a few wins regular season against bad teams it’s what some do, drink the kool-aide, use the secret sauce and don’t worry Jerry is all in and working round the clock to get it done

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah all those CCGs and SB appearances that are just like the last 28 years and so similar to the last 8 seasons, I guess I missed those deep playoff runs, I must have been in the islands on vacation at those times. Don’t expect to win every year but to compare the last 8 seasons with good teams to those you mentioned says it all, glad you feel so good about it and are happy with embarrassing results and believing Jerry, Dak and MM are going to fix it, be happy with a few wins regular season against bad teams it’s what some do, drink the kool-aide, use the secret sauce and don’t worry Jerry is all in and working round the clock to get it done
The current team isn't done.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I think you’re missing the basic human nature part. It’s never as simple as this. This division has started long before now and it’s not always the “homer” who fire the first shot. This is actually a big part of the issue. Pushing blame at the other without looking in the mirror first.
I disagree. This dynamic really didn't exist to any great degree until the Dak era which coincided with the great migration of 2016. I can point to one particular member who came in with his peacemakers loaded and ready. Another member came in with an unpopular opinion and the bullets started flying. It's been on ever since.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dig into why he made that statement.

What I mean is yes you have two sides of the coin. The lovers and the haters. What is a hater exactly? Someone who try’s to rile up certain members of this site. With no stats or facts. Just sarcasm and hyperbole. Then you have the lovers who….well love the Cowboys to the point of insulting others to defend their fandom.
Your problem is your focused on the micro. This didn't start recently. You've got to look at the big picture.

If the haters never again responded to the homers the homers wouldn't slow down one bit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree. This dynamic really didn't exist to any great degree until the Dak era which coincided with the great migration of 2016. I can point to one particular member who came in with his peacemakers loaded and ready. Another member came in with an unpopular opinion and the bullets started flying. It's been on ever since.
Yeah but two members can’t be blamed on that. They can’t go back and forth with themselves…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your problem is your focused on the micro. This didn't start recently. You've got to look at the big picture.

If the haters never again responded to the homers the homers wouldn't slow down one bit.
Oh they would. I can tell every time Mountaineer is banned from this site because the whole atmosphere is completely different. It truly is a few spoiled apples messing it up for everyone and I’m part of that bunch as are you and a few others.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yeah but two members can’t be blamed on that. They can’t go back and forth with themselves…..
You misunderstand again. Everything starts somewhere. Once it started others joined in and it became sport. Even the member who liked your post really didn't engage in this behavior all that much prior. Look at him now.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Oh they would. I can tell every time Mountaineer is banned from this site because the whole atmosphere is completely different. It truly is a few spoiled apples messing it up for everyone and I’m part of that bunch as are you and a few others.
I challenge your team to put this to the test.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The exchange you two just had makes my point even stronger.

Your team always chooses war. Always.
I mean it wasn’t a war post he’s right you are blaming one person for starting a whole war and you aren’t giving the individuals their proper due. This started the moment Dak took over for Romo. Some took it ok and some didn’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You misunderstand again. Everything starts somewhere. Once it started others joined in and it became sport. Even the member who liked your post really didn't engage in this behavior all that much prior. Look at him now.
I did not misunderstand you I just don’t agree with it. You’re blaming pro Cowboy fans and homers for the posters on the site who have no intentions but to rile members up. None at all.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I mean it wasn’t a war post he’s right you are blaming one person for starting a whole war and you aren’t giving the individuals their proper due. This started the moment Dak took over for Romo. Some took it ok and some didn’t.
Ok