Bears/Commanders thread

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Keenum needs to choose his career wisely as a back-up. He is not starter material.......

2 years ago he took the Vikings to the NFC championship.....then the glass slipper broke. Not sure what's left...after tonight...I'm afraid he might be done.

TWOK11

Reaction score
True but i dont care

We’ve had good/elite offenses but have fizzled out in January every time because of a porous defense. Dak could play like he did in Washington all season and I would still think we get bounced out the playoffs if the defense doesnt improve

There’s only three teams in the NFC that worry me: LA, GB and NO with Brees healthy, and right now we look like most complete among these 4. Our defense is similar to NOs, GB and LA have been better but their offenses are actually struggling quite a bit.

Everyone else either had a defense we can light up (Philly, Detroit, Atlanta) or an offense mediocre enough that we can outscored regardless of how good the defense is (Seattle, SF, Chicago, Minnesota).

Right now, at least at home or on a neutral field, we’d be favored over every team in our conference and for good reason.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We just need our Defense to play better against the Saints and Packers for some fans to feel better about it I guess.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jay Gruden, that expression alone should get him fired.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We just need our Defense to play better against the Saints and Packers for some fans to feel better about it I guess.
That would do it for me. I just want to see them play as a team I think they're playing like individuals right now. Please don't make me explain the difference

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
No joke. It's depressing to see the Bears take apart the Commanders like this while the Cowboys had a much tougher time. The Bears are half of a team. Great defense, pedestrian offense. Yet they are bullying tonight.

I wouldn't even call it a team victory....Mack is single handedly make a guy want to retire in front of millions.

Soth

Reaction score
I hear the Commanders are great at scoring during garbage time so I predict a 28-24 final score. That is the only reason Keenum threw for 200+ yards and 2 TDs against us, it was garbage time.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Be good be safe by Cowboy family. Just a quick drive-by

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
there is a lot of bad football teams in the nfl and and lot of really bad football being played I don't watch it any more I watch the cowboys and some of the games when the better teams play but all these grub games I just don't watch

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Trying to decide, what is worse; our defense allowing 21 points against the Commanders or our offense only scoring 31 against them? Both seem equally unimpressive while watching how the Bears are dismantling this team.

We won handily and gave a cheap TD at the end of the game. Trying to compare the two games is a waste of time.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Keenum needs to choose his career wisely as a back-up. He is not starter material.......
You mean this Keenum?
26 for 37 221 yards with an completion % of 70.3% avg per play 6.0 TD's = 2 INt = 0 long = 27 He seemed pretty good last week. lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many of you are going to whine whine whine a few weeks from now when you realize how poor our Defense has been playing.

I am not all that happy with he way the defenses has looked overall. But they are not a dumpster fire either the way you are whining.
I just think there are other threads to discuss that, not in a game thread unrelated.

44 points, and 24 of those in garbage time from a prevent defense with some back ups in the game.
almost 500 yards to NY in the 1st game without a few players, and 3 coming back in limited playing time.
They cut that in half against this Washington team. Then held Miami to less than 300 without 3 starters.

But hey, be afraid of a GB team that has played bad teams as well.