Bears/Commanders thread

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I guess you missed all those "picket fence" passes yesterday, especially in the Saints-Seahawks game. How those were legal is beyond me. Blocking way before the pass was thrown.
Yah...those are the ones I'm talking about.

StylisticS

Reaction score
This is why you don’t chase points. Idiotic to go for two the first time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to be wrong. I was proved wrong last year when our legit defense played NO last year and I was elated. I had already had the feeling we’d win that game last year against the Saints, but I was still wary about the whole thing. I would be elated to admit my wrongdoings later on in the season if the defense improves, however, it’s not looking that way. The defense looks the same last year except it looks way more stale.

Could be just getting off to a slow start too.
I excepted them to be better, starting out the gate. Yes, I am disappointed, but not in panic mode either.
It. took a little while to get going last year as well.

Do I want Marinelli gone, yes, for the past several years. I don't really think Leon Lett is doing all that good either, and now question if Richard is over rated.

But they are not giving up points, but give up long plays, yes that needs fixed, need sacks and picks too. But I think they can have some success and gets those things fixed. In spite of the scheme.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
They got the score, but how do you not run AD at least once on the goal line?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dont look now, but the Commanders score is getting almost as close with the Bears as they did vs Dallas

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Why does this moron keep going for 2 points. Man the Grudens suck as coaches.

It makes sense to go for two there. If they make it, they get within 11 which gives you more option a fg and a td plus 2 pt will tie it.

T-RO

Reaction score
When it was 28-0 I made a run to the border. While waiting for burritos I ask myself, "What would the odds be for the Skins to come back against the Bears defense and win this game.

I think...1,000-1? 50,000-1.
It's still very unlikely but now the Skins have positioned themselves where maybe it's 20-1.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is this hypocritical? They play prevent when it’s fine to do it. Not when the game is tied or on the line (3 points ahead/behind). You should NOT play prevent when you are up by one possession. That is incomplete thinking and coaching.

They were up by 3 possessions. but there was too much time left and went into it too soon. Wait until mid 4th quarter to do so.
Unless I am missing something.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
They were up by 3 possessions. but there was too much time left and went into it too soon. Wait until mid 4th quarter to do so.

Bears D knows how to make adjustments. They will go into aggressive D mode after this Bears possession.

Carson

Reaction score
When it was 28-0 I made a run to the border. While waiting for burritos I ask myself, "What would the odds be for the Skins to come back against the Bears defense and win this game.

I think...1,000-1? 50,000-1.
It's still very unlikely but now the Skins have positioned themselves where maybe it's 20-1.

I wouldn’t say it’s over.

Bears seem content to bleed the clock and rely on their defense.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Well, one thing you can say about the Cowboys is that we have strong 3rd quarters, the Bears not so much.