Beasley trying to clean it up?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Beasley Agent to Beasley: Shut your mouth Cole because we need Dallas to at least bid for your services, so we can create a market you moron!

These guys should have mandatory Business and Marketing classes in college.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Did they tell him to get in social media wars with his fans? Did they tell him to publicly throw his teammates under the bus publicly? He’s an immature, selfish, entitled brat who’s a legend in his own mind. And...he has been known to drop a few critical balls or two so he does more than just “make plays” and it’s not always good.
When there is so much dysfunction within the organization you can only go so long before speaking the truth.
Beasley might be complaining but at least he doesn't do it on the sidelines during the game like a washed up Dez Bryant. Yeah I bet you were cheering for him when he caught that pass from Dak to win the Giants game. All he does is make plays when asked. Problem is they stopped asking.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When there is so much dysfunction within the organization you can only go so long before speaking the truth.
Beasley might be complaining but at least he doesn't do it on the sidelines during the game like a washed up Dez Bryant. Yeah I bet you were cheering for him when he caught that pass from Dak to win the Giants game. All he does is make plays when asked. Problem is they stopped asking.

Nobody thinks Beasley should be a mouse and keep any problems he has to himself. No employee should do that. But airing it out over social media like an entitled teen is not the way to deal with it. Do you think it would be appropriate for you to go on social media to air out your grievances with your employer, or do you think the right way to handle it would be to talk directly to your employer, face to face, and if you still aren't satisfied start looking for another job?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Where/when did Jerry and Jason express displeasure with Beasley?
They stopped throwing the ball to him and thought they needed to spread the ball around. And when that didn't work instead letting Beasley run more down field routes and forcing the ball to him they go out and get Cooper. Don't get me wrong Cooper is a helluva player but this offense shouldn't of been as anemic. They didnt use Beasley right or enough. Beasley has 4.4 speed and can play any position but the stubbornness of Jason means he only play the slot and run 5 routes.
We have seen Beasley run deep maybe 5 times in two years and every time Dak misses him and he always gets separation.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Nobody thinks Beasley should be a mouse and keep any problems he has to himself. No employee should do that. But airing it out over social media like an entitled teen is not the way to deal with it. Do you think it would be appropriate for you to go on social media to air out your grievances with your employer, or do you think the right way to handle it would be to talk directly to your employer, face to face, and if you still aren't satisfied start looking for another job?
We don't know that he hasn't already talked to Jason about it. Yes he should of probably talked to Jerry but we don't know why he didn't. Maybe Jerry said we're moving in a different direction and brought in Cooper.

erod

Reaction score
The world is full of Cole Beasleys.

Dime a dozen, although it takes time to build chemistry with a QB.

I'd move on unless he's inexpensive.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They stopped throwing the ball to him and thought they needed to spread the ball around. And when that didn't work instead letting Beasley run more down field routes and forcing the ball to him they go out and get Cooper. Don't get me wrong Cooper is a helluva player but this offense shouldn't of been as anemic. They didnt use Beasley right or enough. Beasley has 4.4 speed and can play any position but the stubbornness of Jason means he only play the slot and run 5 routes.
We have seen Beasley run deep maybe 5 times in two years and every time Dak misses him and he always gets separation.

You are talking about an offensive philosophy, not an expression of displeasure with a single player.

erod

Reaction score
8-10 million a year is Golden Tate type $, Beasley isn't close to that level of talent. 5-6 million a year is probably what he's going to get.

No way I pay Beasley $5 million a year.

Draft Renfrow from Clemson. Done.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
like a lot of people to day on social media he opened mouth and inserted foot now he wants to take foot out and it not cause him any harm

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't know that he hasn't already talked to Jason about it. Yes he should of probably talked to Jerry but we don't know why he didn't. Maybe Jerry said we're moving in a different direction and brought in Cooper.

If he has, and wasn't satisfied, his recourse is to leave as a free agent, just as if you didn't feel good after talking to your employer you could seek another job. That's how the real world works, and that's what free agency is for in the NFL - to give players an opportunity to go to what they believe is a better situation. There is nothing to be gained going on social media and acting like a spoiled millennial who didn't get his way. In doing so he actually hurts his own image more than the Cowboys.

My guess is his agent explained this to him, and that's why he is back peddling so hard now.

erod

Reaction score
Oh his turntables are packed. Trust

Good. I don't like my football players trying to build other careers outside of football while they play.

Did you notice how Brandon Marshall's play regressed when he started appearing as a regular in-season guest on football TV talk shows?

Guys like Beasley and Rico spend their days thinking more about their rap careers than what the standings are in the NFC East.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If he has, and wasn't satisfied, his recourse is to leave as a free agent, just as if you didn't feel good after talking to your employer you could seek another job. That's how the real world works, and that's what free agency is for in the NFL - to give players an opportunity to go to what they believe is a better situation. There is nothing to be gained going on social media and acting like a spoiled millennial who didn't get his way. In doing so he actually hurts his own image more than the Cowboys.

My guess is his agent explained this to him, and that's why he is back peddling so hard now.
I agree about not airing it out on social media but at the same time this isn't the first time that a player is complaining about the way things are in Dallas and because of that I tend to believe the players. And if these guys are complaining I'm sure there are more that are not happy but are willing to keep thier mouth shut to get a paycheck.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, you bet wrong buddy. Go back and look at my posts, I actually wasn’t happy about the catch at all. I don’t think we would have lost any momentum had he dropped that pass and we lost that meaningless game. Instead he helped move the Giants up two spots in the draft. Well done!

Only go so long? You act like this is his first public temper tantrum. Beasley and his loud mouth wife have a long history of spouting off on social media. If every player took their grievances publicly we would end up worse than the Steelers. He needs to grow up, act like a professional and keep his childish outbursts in house.

I hope some other team has to babysit him next season.

erod

Reaction score
Lol, you bet wrong buddy. Go back and look at my posts, I actually wasn’t happy about the catch at all. I don’t think we would have lost any momentum had he dropped that pass and we lost that meaningless game. Instead he helped move the Giants up two spots in the draft. Well done!

Only go so long? You act like this is his first public temper tantrum. Beasley and his loud mouth wife have a long history of spouting off on social media. If every player took their grievances publicly we would end up worse than the Steelers. He needs to grow up, act like a professional and keep his childish outbursts in house.

I hope some other team has to babysit him next season.
Beasley is the same guy that quit the team in training camp because he missed his girlfriend.

Time to send this 7th-grader packing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree about not airing it out on social media but at the same time this isn't the first time that a player is complaining about the way things are in Dallas and because of that I tend to believe the players. And if these guys are complaining I'm sure there are more that are not happy but are willing to keep thier mouth shut to get a paycheck.

It's not the first time any player has aired things out on social media regardless of team. That seems to be a trend these days. I think it's a generational thing to some degree and some don't even seem to get that there is another, more appropriate way to handle things. I can promise my kids know there is a more appropriate way to deal with problems with their employer, and they know to man up (or woman up depending on the child) and deal with it in a mature manner.

risco

Reaction score
But I don't understand expressing his thoughts publically on social media. It's not a good look for him, nor is it very smart of him.
Well you know how these guys are. Some of them allow the media to get in their heads, and they feel they need to go to the public via social media. But I agree with you too.