Beasley trying to clean it up?

cern

Reaction score
Did any of these people criticize their superior officer publically over social media? Of course, that wasn’t available then, but the point is it wasn’t as much about an employee being upset with his employer as it was choosing to express it through a public forum. How do you think Rickover would have reacted if Carter had bought add space in major newspapers to criticize him? The way Beasley handled this was not only immmature, it was stupid because it could potentially hurt his chances to get the best contract possible.
there are varying thicknesses of epidermal layers. people can't be little sensitive sarahs and get all butt hurt over criticism. if jerry were a little cry baby, he would sue the zone for allowing posters to criticize him. he simply considers the source and moves on. that would be my advice to everyone. even on these boards the discussions sometimes get vitriolic because posters don't agree on a particular topic. suck it up. the point was that jimmy got over it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Ain't this just special? Each week, last week it was the HC, we get a Cowboy saying something and then saying "no, no, this is what I meant". At least with Booger we know he'll say something stupid but then stand by that. No crawfishin' for him.

Any team that trades a 1st for a player and has a HC that doesn't try and get him involved isn't going to be HC of that team for long. They got Cooper for the future but once they saw he was ready to go, they got him into the game plan. Gallup's improvement was another factor in fewer balls to Beasley. Those two players enabled Dallas to do something that had been a problem, get the ball downfield.

Now, if we think there aren't "suggestions" made to the coaching staff from the FO, we haven't been paying attention. For cryin' out loud, the HC is still in training.
That is funny. Love that analogy. I see that crawfish darting backwards in my mind. haha.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there are varying thicknesses of epidermal layers. people can't be little sensitive sarahs and get all butt hurt over criticism. if jerry were a little cry baby, he would sue the zone for allowing posters to criticize him. he simply considers the source and moves on. that would be my advice to everyone. even on these boards the discussions sometimes get vitriolic because posters don't agree on a particular topic. suck it up. the point was that jimmy got over it.

I don't recall suggesting the Cowboys were butt hurt or anything of the sort. You are going down a path that is completely aside from what I was talking about. I was talking about Beasley airing things out in an inappropriate way instead of handling things in a stand up fashion, and in doing so it puts him in a bad light. If nothing else, he should be smart enough to understand that coming across as a spoiled malcontent doesn't endear himself to other teams who may consider making an offer for his services. As I said in another post, I suspect Beasley's agent made this point to him, and that's why we saw Beasley back pedal so quickly.

DanA

Reaction score
I think more to the point, he’s realising he’s cost himself money but sounding off about the team he works for. Other teams don’t want a player that tees off because when he’s not getting the ball.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I hope Beasley leaves and gets a ring some where else. Beasley speaking his mind on social media isnt any different than when Jerry was too chicken S h i t to fire DC on the phone.
Lol, you bet wrong buddy. Go back and look at my posts, I actually wasn’t happy about the catch at all. I don’t think we would have lost any momentum had he dropped that pass and we lost that meaningless game. Instead he helped move the Giants up two spots in the draft. Well done!

Only go so long? You act like this is his first public temper tantrum. Beasley and his loud mouth wife have a long history of spouting off on social media. If every player took their grievances publicly we would end up worse than the Steelers. He needs to grow up, act like a professional and keep his childish outbursts in house.

I hope some other team has to babysit him next season.
So were you complaining about Dez and his rants along the sidelines?
Who gives a rats a s s if he airs his grievances out! All he is saying is that its the front office that decides who gets the ball. I believe him too! Jerry and Jason dont deserve the respect of behind closed doors in my opinion.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
The old “misunderstanding” card. How original. Good riddance. Stick with your stupid rap career.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just stunned how many people here complain about the coaching and GM and when a player confirms it people jump all over him. This is a chance for the media to corner Jerry and Jason about how money dictates where the ball is going.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The greatest 23 (over 7 seasons) TD, 10 yards per catch, 2-100 yard game ( over 7 seasons) WR in the history of the NFL.

Just ask him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The greatest 23 (over 7 seasons) TD, 10 yards per catch, 2-100 yard game ( over 7 seasons) WR in the history of the NFL.

Just ask him.
Looks like he has a lot to complain about! Lets not forget it took Jerry 3 years for him to even get a ball thrown to him!

aria

Reaction score
I hope Beasley leaves and gets a ring some where else. Beasley speaking his mind on social media isnt any different than when Jerry was too chicken S h i t to fire DC on the phone.

So were you complaining about Dez and his rants along the sidelines?
Who gives a rats a s s if he airs his grievances out! All he is saying is that its the front office that decides who gets the ball. I believe him too! Jerry and Jason dont deserve the respect of behind closed doors in my opinion.
Absolutely I complained about Dez and his sideline temper tantrums. Great player but an absolute distraction on the sideline, same reason I’d never want Odiva, Antonio Brown, etc. The juice ain’t wirth the squeeze.

“All he is saying”...the midget has an opinion on everything. If this was the only time he had a infantile outburst on social media I wouldn’t even have said anything but he has a very long history of airing his grievances publicly. He very well may be right but there’s certain things you keep in house. He’s argued with and cursed at fans publicly, he pretty much threw Dak under the bus at the beginning of the season, he was a quitter his rookie year and now this. The guy has Napoleon syndrome and unfortunately his mouth is about 3 times as big as he is.

cern

Reaction score
I don't recall suggesting the Cowboys were butt hurt or anything of the sort. You are going down a path that is completely aside from what I was talking about. I was talking about Beasley airing things out in an inappropriate way instead of handling things in a stand up fashion, and in doing so it puts him in a bad light. If nothing else, he should be smart enough to understand that coming across as a spoiled malcontent doesn't endear himself to other teams who may consider making an offer for his services. As I said in another post, I suspect Beasley's agent made this point to him, and that's why we saw Beasley back pedal so quickly.
you say spoiled malcontent. I say someone who wants to help his team all he can. you assume it puts him in a bad light with other teams, but the affect could just as easily be the opposite. I saw nothing so scathing in his words that would chase other teams away. Ratliff got signed after he left dallas. and as far as what his agent did or didn't tell him regarding his comments, you are left only with your opinion.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Some seriously sensitive fans in here. Are we the choir boyz? Is Beas out there on the field playing hurt, trying his best to help the team? Everyone agreed with him early on in the season when he said receivers were getting open and not being thrown to, and now he more less repeats it and people want him gone. Granted, he probably shouldn't have brought in the front office, unless he just really wants out of Dallas, but the guy is a real contributor and makes clutch catches at crucial times in the game. I realize we can't break the bank for him if what he wants is unreasonable, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like he will be easily replaced, especially considering this organization loves to scour the bargain bin in FA. Careful what you wish for. We could be watching Beas on SC highlights in a different uniform while wondering why Jerry didn't try to go after a decent replacement.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you say spoiled malcontent. I say someone who wants to help his team all he can. you assume it puts him in a bad light with other teams, but the affect could just as easily be the opposite. I saw nothing so scathing in his words that would chase other teams away. Ratliff got signed after he left dallas. and as far as what his agent did or didn't tell him regarding his comments, you are left only with your opinion.
How does saying Beasley acted like a spoiled malcontent equate to saying the Cowboys were butthurt? That’s ridiculously illogical.

As for how it looks to other teams, I guess we will agree to disagree. I can’t believe any team would look favorably on players trying to make the team the play for look bad on social media, and I can’t believe any team feels that is the way to handle a problem. Beasley himself backpedaled pretty quickly, so either he or his agent decided it was a good thing for him to have done.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Are you familiar with his other social media outbursts? He’s an entitled selfish brat. If he wanted to help his team all he could he would stay off social media and keep his grievances in house.