Beckham's Giant future?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A little OT --

As much as I love Dez, and I do love me some Dez Beast, I would take ODB over Dez in a second. ODB would be the perfect elite WR for Dak. ODB's talent caters to Dak more than Dez's does, at this point in their careers.

I couldn't care less about off-field or theatrics or etc., ODB is a certified stud and would be amazing with Dak. And I imagine if we had a coach like Harbaugh or Patricia, they'd reign him in. He's had an end-of-his-career coach in Caughlin, and a McAdoo.

It won't happen, tho. ODB will be in NY through his second contract.

I wouldn't bet on him getting a 2nd contract with the Giants. They're already carrying one of the highest, if not the highest payrolls in the league. Remember offseason Beckham said NFL players should be paid like NBA players. Word is he wants QB type of money. No way the Giants will do that nor can they afford it. If they're draft a rookie QB, they need an elite RB, not highest WR in the league. My guess it could ugly with him trying to force a trade........which may be why Mara wanna discuss it with a new GM rather than leaving no question about his future as a Giant. Check out his contract below;

5/19/2014: Signed a four-year, $10,406,198 contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $5,888,144 signing bonus. 2017: $1,839,027, 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on him getting a 2nd contract with the Giants. They're already carrying one of the highest, if not the highest payrolls in the league. Remember offseason Beckham said NFL players should be paid like NBA players. Word is he wants QB type of money. No way the Giants will do that nor can they afford it. If they're draft a rookie QB, they need an elite RB, not highest WR in the league. My guess it could ugly with him trying to force a trade........which may be why Mara wanna discuss it with a new GM rather than leaving no question about his future as a Giant. Check out his contract below;

5/19/2014: Signed a four-year, $10,406,198 contract. The deal is fully guaranteed, including a $5,888,144 signing bonus. 2017: $1,839,027, 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent
ODB is the Giants right now. He's getting re-upped

NY media savors it's superstars. ODB is the only superstar in NY of Giants.

CWR

Reaction score
He will get a deal in NY. Marra is only trying to make it look like his new GM will be making the decisions. I cant imagine a GM walking in and getting rid of the teams best player, unless they hire Chip Kelley lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's bad enough that we have a faction of Eagles(admirers) fans posing as Cowboys fans around here, now we have Giants(admirers) fans posing as Cowboys fans around here as well. Do we have any Commanders(admirers) fans that like that?

Shinaoi

Reaction score
We will probably get him after his talent has declined, and Jerry thinking he’s getting the final piece of the puzzle or getting a steal from the rest of the league etc etc.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I feel terrible saying this, but this is exactly what an owner should say concerning personnel matters. He voiced support for the player but ultimately will allow the GM to do his/her job.
:hammer:

Sepia

Reaction score
I'm convinced we'd win a Super Bowl with OBJ. I'm sure he'd be insufferable, but we'd still win. I remember seeing a special on him where he has a bunch of family from Texas who are Cowboy fans. His grandmother wears our gear to his games.

Come on to Dallas, Odell. It's destiny.
IMG_4170.gif

Unless of course you find a great WR with comparable speed, hands, and route-running skills.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why is this on the main page?

I have seen legitimate Cowboys based threads get shuffled off into the great unknown in a heartbeat.

Yet this idiotic thread exists.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Why is this on the main page?

I have seen legitimate Cowboys based threads get shuffled off into the great unknown in a heartbeat.

Yet this idiotic thread exists.
Seriously. The (poll) thread on possible new hires at HC gets moved to the Roster Zone within an hour. This thread is in the Fan Zone for 8 hours.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. Too popular in New York, a superstar, and can be a game changer. He was the deciding factor against us last year with his big play ability in the second game.

He's getting a deal with him. Not even worth the discussion.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It's bad enough that we have a faction of Eagles(admirers) fans posing as Cowboys fans around here, now we have Giants(admirers) fans posing as Cowboys fans around here as well. Do we have any Commanders(admirers) fans that like that?

From some of the Giant threads you'd think this was the NFL zone.......BTW, did you hear that Jerry Reese and Bob McAdoo were fired?
What do thing about that?