Beebe's teammate speaks on him switching to center

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
IF he indeed practiced a lot (which no scouting report I saw said so) then that is good. But he still has never played at center. It will not be a easy transition.
I agree here......live NFL games are different beasts from practices. Def not saying he can't do and become an elite player but let's give him time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
... 'a little'?
I'm being guarded about expressing my excitement for Cooper BeeBe. It won't be easy playing Center, especially since this is totally new to him, but it's good to hear how he would practice it at times in practice while at K-State last year. Plus, with him now working at it with Duke Manyweather, oh yeah, that definitely helps. Still, it won't be the same until he gets to camp. My biggest hesitation is not Cooper BeeBe. It's his Oline coach, Mike Solari. Hope Coach Solari is able to coach up Beebe into a very good Center.

Techsass

Reaction score
First of all the Cowboys did not invent position flex,

there are a lot of guards that are turned into centers or vice versa they're literally interchangeable in a lot of cases... I mean we just saw Miami take our left guard who was average at best here, he wasn't terrible and convert him over to center, immediately he picked the position up easily and played very well from what I understand...

I mean the very nature of a swing tackle or swing guard is because they can play both sides but there are a lot of centers that can also flex the guard and vice versa this happens all the time... I mean CD lamb can play all three wide receiver positions hell he played pretty well behind the line of scrimmage running the football last year as well..

I mean that is the nature of the NFL lots of players are interchangeable, it's called flex and it's not new to have position flex in most NFL teams...

I mean we saw refrigerator Perry start the whole bringing the big defensive tackle or offensive lineman in to play fullback or they been in the trick plays and play tight end I mean somehow some of you say things as if there's something new or there's something that's only relatable to the Dallas Cowboys and that's not true....
We tried Conner Williams out at Center once & he had a lot of problems with it. He wasn't still a rookie at that point. Now he seems to have figured it out, but the folks saying it isn't a gimme have a point.

I think Cooper has been working at Center reps for awhile, even if he never actually had any actual gameday experience at it. Hopefully he's ready because I think that's where they want him to play.

John813

Reaction score
Welp, that would be peachy.......he does have a C body... if Dallas can have Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin, Steele, and Fergie ...as your starting line....that would be a go. w/ backups Bass, Hoffman, Thomas, Richards wherever is best. and Spann-Ford, Stephens, Hendershot TE backups. That's a good start to a rebuild on the OL.

and yes, Ball and Waletzko can either go kick rocks, or get themselves a map from Canada.
You have a picture of his body? It's for a friend

HanD

Reaction score
Very good to hear. Now this makes me change my tune a little about whether Beebe can become a Center or not. Hope Jerry has Beebe working with Duke Manyweather right now at Duke's place right across the street from The Star.
He was already before the draft. Dune said he was a natural at c

Carson

Reaction score
Center calls blocking assignments. Gotta be pretty sharp between the ears ! But all in all glad to get a mean nasty added to the line !
I believe Martin called the assignments when Biadasz was out. So nothing would change until next year