Beebe's teammate speaks on him switching to center

erod

Reaction score
My concern with Beebe’s short arms, the guy may end up just repeatedly hiking the ball into crotch by asking him to play center.
Lol, they're not THAT short.

Don't know how much K-State football you've watched, but you're going to love this guy. He's nasty and super competitive. I hated him as an OU fan, but love that he's here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol, they're not THAT short.

Don't know how much K-State football you've watched, but you're going to love this guy. He's nasty and super competitive. I hated him as an OU fan, but love that he's here.
The arm length thing was grossly overplayed predraft. Good thing for us, because he shouldn't have been there.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Gurode hadn't played C and became a pro bowler.

Connor Williams, top 10 C.
wrong; Gurode played center in college
Beebe has never played center in any game
Now I think he should be able to transition but to think he can do that without growing pains is foolish

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah -- tell me things that I didn't already know . . . :rolleyes: Those are things that even casual fans are aware of. Good Lord . . . :facepalm:
i don't even know what the point of that response was. cowboys didn't invent position flex? ok? lol

gtb1943

Reaction score
for backups position flex is very important so that you have as few OL on the active game day roster as possible
My problem is that all too often the boys got obsessed with it; were downgrading players who were only good at one position. For starters THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT.
Position flex all too often means jack of all trades, MASTER of NONE. Tyler is a ALL PRO guard; he is not likely to be that good at LT. Zach is a HOF guard; and played RT pretty good but it is clear he is much better at guard. So position flex for a starter is simply not that important.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now I think he should be able to transition but to think he can do that without growing pains is foolish
Who said there wouldn’t be growing pains? No one.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Who said there wouldn’t be growing pains? No one.
You truly see only what you want to see; many posters think he will transition into an excellent starting center immediately
posts in several threads saying that
educate yourself and read all the posts in those threads

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
i don't even know what the point of that response was. cowboys didn't invent position flex? ok? lol
To understand what it was about, one needs to go back to my original post and read the second line that the responder didn't read when he prematurely posted his rebuttal. What I said was actually in agreement with what he had said. Just a misunderstanding caused by a premature response before my post was finished.

He evidently felt I was arguing with him when I wasn't. I never even questioned what he had said. Reading the second line before issuing the lecture that followed would have prevented the misunderstanding. It was just an unfortunate incident. I never even quoted his post to start with.

Last edited:

zekecowboy

Reaction score
IF he indeed practiced a lot (which no scouting report I saw said so) then that is good. But he still has never played at center. It will not be a easy transition.
Beebe made the line reads at the guard position.

kskboys

Reaction score
No joke? How about Connor?

kskboys

Reaction score
To understand what it was about, one needs to go back to my original post and read the second line that the responder didn't read when he prematurely posted his rebuttal. What I said was actually in agreement with what he had said. Just a misunderstanding caused by a premature response before my post was finished.

He evidently felt I was arguing with him when I wasn't. I never even questioned what he had said. Reading the second line before issuing the lecture that followed would have prevented the misunderstanding. It was just an unfortunate incident. I never even quoted his post to start with.
There are doctors for this!!!!!

gtb1943

Reaction score
No joke? How about Connor?
He was worked at center here for a year in practice and then at Miami for a whole offseason and training camp.
In the pros not college
Beebe has been working at it privately which is not the same. It is good he has been making line calls as that is almost as important as snapping but if you were to look at Connor Williams first few games at center he had some trouble. It is hard to see Beebe not having some trouble early on.
He probably will be an excellent center but until he shows it in games it is all potential and nothing else.
But I would still trust him over Hoffman

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Practice isn't game play That's obvious, of course.

But there's two parts to any player's game - the physical part and the mental part. Certainly appears he has the physical part as far as size.
And apparently he has the mental nastiness that's valuable in an offensive lineman.

Biggest part is the snapping, that's totally something he'll have to learn. Never played center myself so I have no idea how difficult it is.

Like any rookie, I'll give him every chance to do well.

We will see...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You truly see only what you want to see; many posters think he will transition into an excellent starting center immediately
posts in several threads saying that
educate yourself and read all the posts in those threads
No one, I repeat NO ONE, expects there not to be growing pains when he starts from day 1. Did I say NO ONE?