Before you blame Dak

bigE79

Reaction score
Ok and if Greg the leg didnt miss a fg. we would have won. So by your logic, the blame is on him... not Dak.
No no you can't change the rules mid stream,no matter how you want to spin it..this conversation is about the fumble and since you refuse to admit that it lost us the game,even though the post game show also said that was the turning point in the game...I'll let you continue your dak love obsession.

Slick

Reaction score
So does that mean HOF'ers who know the game ten times better than you need their eyes examined too???
Maybe they do. Looks like they are wrong in this case. A lot of experts said the same about Tebow.

just like all the experts who work the Draft. Even the experts get it wrong don’t they?

GINeric

Reaction score
Maybe they do. Looks like they are wrong in this case. A lot of experts said the same about Tebow.

just like all the experts who work the Draft. Even the experts get it wrong don’t they?

Yup they do i guess... but I remember the experts saying Peyton Manning couldn't win the big one. How'd that work out??

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dak is what his scouting report says he is and defenses have discovered that.
Bad for us.
I have said over and over it took me a long time to come around on Dak. He is not Brady or Rodgers. But guess what...NEITHER IS ANYONE else. So do we keep searching until we find them...or do we build out the rest of the team and play football? He is good enough to win with. But yes, we are going to have to run it well and play defense. Just like you would for 90% of the other QBs in the history of the NFL.

I think this is really about how much money Dak makes. Guess what...they ALL make a ton of money. And are any of them Rodgers or Brady? So I guess you guys want the Cowboys to operate in a league where the "rules" of finances and free agency don't apply to them? And honestly, had they offered 32m a few years ago....we would not be having this conversation. That is on the front office.

If you think how much money he makes should mean he has to overcome false starts. He has to overcome holding penalties. He has to overcome a head coach who can't manage the clock. He has to overcome a head coach who does not pay attention to details. He has to overcome DL lining up in the neutral zone. He has to overcome dropped passes. He has to overcome the early retirement of Travis Frederick. He has to overcome an inaccurate kicker. He has to overcome TEs who cannot block. He has to overcome COVID protocols. Etc....there are a LOT of things that determine whether you win or lose a football game. And Dak SHOULD shoulder a lions share of the responsibility for winning football games...but not ALL of the responsibility. And whether he makes 32m or 40m million...he is not....nor will he ever be perfect. Like I said...Rodgers is better than him..and he has ONE...ONE Super Bowl. What does that tell you? It tells you that being the most talented QB does not automatically mean championships.

Dak has to clean up a few things. But that ALONE will not guarantee us anything.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No he's not good enough to win with .
Consistently is key in the nfl. You can be a bus driver and win, but you need to be consistent.
Dak is not. Read his report. Every QB coming out of college can make a perfect throw. But can they make 5 good throws? Is one out of 5 off target? Badly off target? You can win in college, you can't in the nfl. They are forcing Dak to throw into tight, crowded areas and he won't because bad things will happen.
Bad for us

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No doubt he was inaccurate at times. Of course there were some misreads. He seemed rattled on occasion.

But the ENTIRE offense was bad!!! Coaches, OL, RBs, WRs etc...

Dalton Schultz CANNOT block. People might like him because he catches and has yards. But when you have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup..and Zeke in the backfield...someone has to be open. And often it is Dalton Schultz. If he made tough catches....I could understand the love. But he makes routine catches because he is wide open. My point. He is not all that impressive. TEs in this offense need to be able to block to for the run game to work. And he could not block my grandmother (who is deceased by the way)....so I will not miss him.

Untimely holding calls. Lack of separation. Bad play calling. But more than anything....the inability to run the football. And this is not something that just started happening. When the playoffs start...Dak is NOT going to throw for 450 yards 4 straight games. We cannot run the football. And because of this...our ceiling is the divisional round.
I like to go back and rewatch the games before giving my opinion and this is my small synopsis.

The offense couldn't get in gear on the first 3 offensive possessions because of 1) Penalties on 3rd downs. 2) Dak doesn't take enough chances and 3) It took Dak/Moore/MM to figure out how to attack a defense that would load the line and bail.

By the time they figured the Cards out, and was coming back on them, then Kyler Murray took over and the defense couldn't hold him down.

IMO, we are going to have to stop the penalties, at least early on. If a guy gets past you, let Dak take a sack, throw away, run or do something. But you can't keep having penalties especially on 3rd downs. Dak is going to have to take chances in the 1st and possibly second quarter. We don't have to have coverage checks, audibles and long cadences every time, these things causes at times the linemen to false start; and I hate to admit it, but sometimes it confuses the receivers. And as Aikman said, you don't want those linemen down for that long.

Secondly, we have to play coverage and have Parsons as the spy. Rush 4 and 3 at times. Kill those receivers when they catch it. Our blitzes got us killed mostly today. We just wasn't ready for a speedster like Kyler today, we haven't played anyone like that this year.

There's more I have, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Swagger

Reaction score
No he's not good enough to win with .
Consistently is key in the nfl. You can be a bus driver and win, but you need to be consistent.
Dak is not. Read his report. Every QB coming out of college can make a perfect throw. But can they make 5 good throws? Is one out of 5 off target? Badly off target? You can win in college, you can't in the nfl. They are forcing Dak to throw into tight, crowded areas and he won't because bad things will happen.
Bad for us
Your last sentence is the pertinent point. It will reach a stage in the play offs when he has little choice but to not play scared and actually attempt and butcher several difficult throws into tight windows - that's when this board will turn really toxic. The no trade clause is just sickening.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your last sentence is the pertinent point. It will reach a stage in the play offs when he has little choice but to not play scared and actually attempt and butcher several difficult throws into tight windows - that's when this board will turn really toxic. The no trade clause is just sickening.
You notice when they went to a version of prevent yesterday he started completing the 10-15 yd stuff.
In playoffs that ain't happening

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You notice when they went to a version of prevent yesterday he started completing the 10-15 yd stuff.

That's the garbage time stats people on this board have been screaming about for the last 2 - 3 years.

Swagger

Reaction score
Exactly. When a team starts playing the clock happy to give up those easy completions it's time to pad those stats for his supporters to quote after losing the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
its the OL creating the inconstancy's Dak and our run game cant function with the ol getting how many penalties all year , playing behind the chains, having the pocket collapse at the snap and get pushed back into the qb and rb has no holes..this is and has been the issue for the inconsistency's all year..

be blind, hate the qb, the real fans watching with no bias can see this.

24/38 249 3 tds zero picks says otherwise, some of those INC were the OL being pushed into him causing those tips maybe 4 by memory, a few were drops but ridiculous to call that all dak.... His offensive lines sucks, there was no run holes, no pass blocking, it was about six penalties some calling back big plays.

I mean I can’t see how you can blame this on Prescott other than the fumble and that was just a good play by a great player he thought he was going down and the guy punched it out that when he was an inch off the ground. I mean if you watch the same game, I watched there was no offensive line.

we will go as far as our OL takes us we lost by 3 and didn't play well against a 10 win team..i see some positives that if we play just bit Better, we can go far in the payoffs. these games don't carry over they are one offs, make a few less mistakes, a few less bad calls, and its an easy win.