Before you blame Dak

MaineBoy

Reaction score
From a Dak fan:

He was bad today. There were a lot of passes he would like back. It seems when the rest of the team bogs down, he bogs down with them. It's a bad pattern. Even though his final stats actually appear decent, he stunk today. And again, I support him.

THANK YOU !! For being a Dak fan who can also face facts. You are a rare breed here. And I agree that KM was exposed again. Along with a lot of others.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well he's right about Schultz. I swear there have to be at least 5-6 plays a game on replays where a big defense play has happened because Schultz gets punked on a block. Great pass catcher. Awful blocker.

Dalton Schultz is having a pro bowl caliber year. PFF ranks him 6th among TEs. He grades out in the high 70's in both pass and run blocking which is very respectable. I think fans just tend remember bad plays and don't notice what he does most of the time. He is not an awful blocker.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So to summarize

Dak needs EVERYTHING TO GO PERFECT

Dak can't over come adversity
So let me get this straight. It's HIS fault for missing field goals that cost this franchise 3 games. But, it's not his fault for winning the division with an impressive 11 wins & getting this team to the playoffs from only 6 wins last season.

If that's not overcoming adversity then I don't know what is. Or did we conveniently forget about that?!
He fumbled the game away.
No. Zuerlein missed yet again. Amazing how this guy gets a free pass.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Dalton Schultz is having a pro bowl caliber year. PFF ranks him 6th among TEs. He grades out in the high 70's in both pass and run blocking which is very respectable. I think fans just tend remember bad plays and don't notice what he does most of the time. He is not an awful blocker.
He is beyond awful.

He is also a free agent...and I don't care how much cap space we have...I don't want him

For us to be legit Super Bowl threats...we have to be able to run the football. Schultz will not help you do that. Let him get 12m a year from another team. Dallas needs to bring in someone that can do both. And honestly...it's not like Schultz makes a ton of contested catches. He is wide open. So another guy can do that.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
We went 13 - 3 in 2016
We went 10 - 6 in 2018
We will win 12 games this year

So that is 3 double digit winning seasons!
Amazing how some forget Dak defeated both the Packers & Steelers away in his rookie season. It's impossible to have decent discussions when hate is involved.

Sydla

Reaction score

PFF is a joke.

Schultz is not a good blocker. He makes enough bad blocks in a game that proves it.

You know, you don't always have to go in the tank and homer it up for every Cowboys player. Schultz is a nice pass catching TE. He's not a good blocker.

Sydla

Reaction score
We went 13 - 3 in 2016
We went 10 - 6 in 2018
We will win 12 games this year

So that is 3 double digit winning seasons!

Why are you assuming a win next week? We could basically bench a lot of our starters. And if that happens, that game is just a random toss up.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
PFF is a joke.

Schultz is not a good blocker. He makes enough bad blocks in a game that proves it.

You know, you don't always have to go in the tank and homer it up for every Cowboys player. Schultz is a nice pass catching TE. He's not a good blocker.

And I would limit the praise to his pass catching ability as reliable. He's not some dynamic receiving threat ala Kittle, Kelce, Andrews, et cetera.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Amazing how some forget Dak defeated both the Packers & Steelers away in his rookie season. It's impossible to have decent discussions when hate is involved.
People are frustrated. I get it.

But people have also really overinflated a lot of players on this team. How quickly we forget what we looked like last year without Dak. Not saying Dak is the best QB in the NFL. But people really need to have their head examined if they think 20 other QBs in the NFL would have 11 or 12 wins with this team!

The way teams are defending us leaves little room for error on offense. They are forcing us to methodically and patiently move the football. A penalty or a missed throw or a dropped pass or a missed block on 1st down that puts you behind the sticks kill drives. A coach that does not pay attention to detail and can't manage the clock does not help either.

Well...we are heavily penalized. Our QB is inaccurate at times. We drop a lot of passes. Our OL has not been up to the task when it comes to running the football. And Zeke/Pollard are banged up. Not to mention Gallup is out...AGAIN!

But hey...keep thinking Dak playing better will fix everything. He is not Brady or Rodgers. So expecting him to have 4 monster games in a row during the postseason are lofty expectations. Other things besides Dak are going to HAVE to get better.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Funny, when things are rolling, all I hear about is "Dak's W/L record," which by the way is the dumbest stat in sports.

Yet, when we lose all we hear about is how it's everyone else's fault and that Dak can't win by himself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFF is a joke.

PFF is the standard measuring stick for most positions. There are holes but grading blocking isn't one of them. They grade every player on every play. You can deny but you have no facts to back up your opinion.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Why are you assuming a win next week? We could basically bench a lot of our starters. And if that happens, that game is just a random toss up.
if we bench our starters....then we are not interested in winning. I think if we WANT to win the game...we could. My point is...Dak has 3 double digit winning season in 5 years. Not saying he is Brady or Rogers...but that's pretty good!