Before you blame Dak

Lutonio

Reaction score
No, Dak lost this game. I’ve been what I would call a Dak Optimist — not a fanboy but still seeing some positive.

He has bottomed out since New England, and is the biggest risk to the team followed by Zuerlein. I’ll agree that Moore has seemingly turned into a pumpkin and is not doing Dak any favors.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I’ve been a Dak apologist for a while now. But he’s lost me.

Guy continues to have serious accuracy issues on short-to-intermediate throws. That’s unacceptable when you’re the highest paid QB in history. Can’t happen. Rodgers, Brady, Manning, etc. aren’t having these issues in their prime. Dak is.

He continues to have the yips under pressure. Gets happy feet too easily. Becomes indecisive when he senses pressure. This simply can’t happen.

He isn’t elite. Far from it. He’s an average-to-above average QB at this point who plays well against bad teams and struggles against good ones. Every time. Like clockwork.

You can’t win with that. It’s 2022 — You need a great QB to win Super Bowls. Dak ain’t it.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
What are your favorite plays to call when your QB has accuracy problems and the DL is in the backfield every run play?
Listen. It took me a long time to come around on Dak. But I have accepted him. I think he is Russell Wilson. So you can win with him. But to do so...you have to be able to run the football. And if we cannot...there were a lot of resources (draft picks and contract extensions) invested in that OL...so if the run game is not working...there are other highly compensated players who are not doing their part to make it happen.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Neither Aaron Rodgers nor Tom Brady nor Lamar Jackson nor any other quarterback in the NFL could win a SB with this team, and doubtful even the NFC Championship game.

For the last time, Dak is not the reason this team won't win the SB. The lines aren't good enough, the linebackers (except for Parsons) aren't good enough, the secondary isn't good enough. Teams don't win SBs because they have a couple of good receivers and a good running back and a great quarterback.

This team is no exception...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No doubt he was inaccurate at times. Of course there were some misreads. He seemed rattled on occasion.

But the ENTIRE offense was bad!!! Coaches, OL, RBs, WRs etc...

Dalton Schultz CANNOT block. People might like him because he catches and has yards. But when you have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup..and Zeke in the backfield...someone has to be open. And often it is Dalton Schultz. If he made tough catches....I could understand the love. But he makes routine catches because he is wide open. My point. He is not all that impressive. TEs in this offense need to be able to block to for the run game to work. And he could not block my grandmother (who is deceased by the way)....so I will not miss him.

Untimely holding calls. Lack of separation. Bad play calling. But more than anything....the inability to run the football. And this is not something that just started happening. When the playoffs start...Dak is NOT going to throw for 450 yards 4 straight games. We cannot run the football. And because of this...our ceiling is the divisional round.
One and done in the playoffs

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt he was inaccurate at times. Of course there were some misreads. He seemed rattled on occasion.

But the ENTIRE offense was bad!!! Coaches, OL, RBs, WRs etc...

Dalton Schultz CANNOT block. People might like him because he catches and has yards. But when you have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup..and Zeke in the backfield...someone has to be open. And often it is Dalton Schultz. If he made tough catches....I could understand the love. But he makes routine catches because he is wide open. My point. He is not all that impressive. TEs in this offense need to be able to block to for the run game to work. And he could not block my grandmother (who is deceased by the way)....so I will not miss him.

Untimely holding calls. Lack of separation. Bad play calling. But more than anything....the inability to run the football. And this is not something that just started happening. When the playoffs start...Dak is NOT going to throw for 450 yards 4 straight games. We cannot run the football. And because of this...our ceiling is the divisional round.

LOL. The Dak apologists never stop working. The fact is that this is exactly the kind of game Dak finds ways to lose. He rarely ever plays well against good teams and thats just history. He did nothing in the first half. He played better in the second half but with the game on the line, he fumbles the ball. Thats just who he is and who he has been. Maybe the whole narrative changes in the playoffs. He has the right attitude and leadership. He just doesn't have the physical ability as a QB.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Still don't know why there is so much controversy. The season before Dak's ankle injury, he was up and down. The season of his injury, he was even worse. Against Tampa this year, he was amazing. He's proven he can have good games, and proven he can have bad games, especially against the better teams. Nothing he has done to this point really surprises me. It's nothing we haven't seen before.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
LOL. The Dak apologists never stop working. The fact is that this is exactly the kind of game Dak finds ways to lose. He rarely ever plays well against good teams and thats just history. He did nothing in the first half. He played better in the second half but with the game on the line, he fumbles the ball. Thats just who he is and who he has been. Maybe the whole narrative changes in the playoffs. He has the right attitude and leadership. He just doesn't have the physical ability as a QB.
Not a Dak apologist. Took me a LONG to warm up to Dak. But you can win with him But no...he will not have 4 straight all time performances in the playoffs to win a Super Bowl...so everyone else needs to DO THEIR JOB!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No...but when we convert a 3rd down...and it gets called back because of holding...that is a lot to overcome.

When we are trying to establish the run game....and the TE completely whiffs (AGAIN) on 1st down...and we lose 3 yards. And now we are in 2nd and 13...that is HARD for a QB to constantly overcome.

And the defensive coordinator completely SCHOOLED Kellen Moore. I get the QB gets the majority of the blame...because they get most of the praise....but Kellen Moore, the OL and the run game etc..were all bad today.

What you are describing is basically what seperates the decent teams in the NFL from the ones that make super bowl runs. Its the coaching this week. Its the QB. Its the refs! The fact is that Dak had a chance to win this game........plenty of chances actually......... but he fumbled the ball on the games most critical drive and couldn't overcome his first half performance where the Cards DL got as many hands on the ball as his wrs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The common denominator is the QB. There are always other factors too.

Moore's play calling didn't help. Neither did Zeke's poor running. But Dak had plays to be made out there and failed to make them.

He's got to quit fumbling.....3 fumbles usually mean you get beat. Look @ our losses this year....If Dak doesn't turn it over....we win. Dak turns it over.....we lose. It's that simple.